Samsung employees reportedly gave back $2.9 million in bonuses to apologize for poor performance

Dietrichw

Source

samsung-logo.jpg

Samsung's profits are dipping from their exceptional heights on the back of several extremely popular smartphones, and many of the company's employees are feeling the pressure. According to Reuters, close to 200 managers from Samsung's mobile division have returned a quarter of a recent bonus that they received in an effort to show that they accept responsibility for the company's waning performance and would work harder moving forward. Gestures like returning a bonus are reportedly not uncommon for those working corporate jobs in South Korea, particularly among public companies. The value of the returned bonuses is estimated at over 3 billion won ($2.92 million).

Samsung reported a profit of 8.49 trillion won ($8.23 billion). Though it's a substantial figure, it's a dip from the 8.78 trillion won that it saw a year earlier, and that dip is expected to repeat itself for Samsung's quarter two

I have never really liked Samsung's mobile division

the first gen Galaxy S devices were way too similar to the iPhone, Galaxy S2 was a bit better but Samsung didn't really stop copying Apple until the S3

and TouchWiz is just horrendous 

just change touchwiz, its bloated, very bloated

If the os was a human it would look like this

left4dead10.png

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I cant watch all photos on both my Samsungs (s3, s4mini), because they wont load

95% phone of everone i know are using touchwiz. Starting to get sick with it.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

95% phone of everone i know are using touchwiz. Starting to get sick with it.

touchwiz??

touchwiz??

samsungs skin of andriod

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Sumsung phones aren't bad I actually quite like my S4 but touchwiz needs to die I only used it for a few minutes at the beginning before installing CyanogenMod :D

Samsung is purely about marketing, don't buy there shit, its just cheap caps and power supplies etc, nothing but trouble, there ssd may be the best but the rest is shit.

mine and a friends phone psus were extremely low powering after just 5 months

Samsung is purely about marketing, don't buy there shit, its just cheap caps and power supplies etc, nothing but trouble, there ssd may be the best but the rest is shit.

Samsung makes power supplies?

Samsung makes power supplies?

yes, for their phones

Now if only we could implement the same system with politicians.

Edit: That would solve the debt crisis

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs