Personal anti-drone warning system launches on Kickstarter

"Are you afraid your neighbors are using drones to spy on you through your windows? Then this Kickstarter project is for you. The Personal Drone Detection System is raising a modest $8,500 in order to test and produce a desktop sensor system that can tell when a drone is loitering within 50 feet. So if you're at work and someone flies a drone with a GoPro near your home, the system will alert you." - The Verge

Personally I'd have to wait till drones are a little more mainstream and easier to get before I invest in something like this but it's a pretty cool idea.

Sources:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/18/5820722/personal-anti-drone-warning-system-launches-on-kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/532391021/personal-drone-detection-system

CPU: i7-3770k | MTB: Sabertooth Z77 | RAM: Vengeance 16GB | GPU: 2x EVGA 660ti FTW 3gb | Case: CM Storm Trooper | HDD/SSD: 2TB Western Digital Black, 250gb Samsung Evo | PSU: Corsair HX1000 | Displays: 3x Samsung 2443 1920x1200 24" | Cooling: Corsair h1050

That's stupid. I live in the largest city in Canada and I still have yet to see a fucking drone flying around the city. The kickstarter link is so badly put together a 10 year old can edit better. These people are complete idiots and have no idea what they're doing. Also your second source link doesn't work.

Alternatively, one could buy some curtains. 

:P

That's because it's hidden in ur rectum.

How many freedoms will it cost?

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Why not just create something that will send radio waves through a 900mhz, 2.4ghz and 5ghz antenna? they most likely use those frequencies for their video radios.

Since when did drones become mainstream?!

That's because it's hidden in ur rectum.

Aliens?

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Why not just create something that will send radio waves through a 900mhz, 2.4ghz and 5ghz antenna? they most likely use those frequencies for their video radios.

Modern controllers use FHSS to prevent any kind of interference.

This would most likely mess with your wifi too..

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That's stupid. I live in the largest city in Canada and I still have yet to see a fucking drone flying around the city. The kickstarter link is so badly put together a 10 year old can edit better. These people are complete idiots and have no idea what they're doing. Also your second source link doesn't work.

I've concluded that you live in Toronto... you've leaked out details about yourself with your comments.

Oh wait, it is listed right there under your profile pic. :)

Modern controllers use FHSS to prevent any kind of interference.

This would most likely mess with your wifi too..

FHSS will have no effect if there is a strong overpowering radio signal on all of the channels/frequencies that the radio is using. FHSS is only used on 2.4GHz devices in the US anyway isnt it? I thought you need a licence to use it on other frequencies.

And you only really need to block the video transmitter, since they wont be able to see where the quadcopter is unless they are literally standing infront of it while using it to peek into your windows.

Get your Tinfoil hats out.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Yeah, most ppl like "target located" *takes shotgun*

._.

Yep.

drone_loads_product_image_2.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

FHSS will have no effect if there is a strong overpowering radio signal on all of the channels/frequencies that the radio is using. FHSS is only used on 2.4GHz devices in the US anyway isnt it? I thought you need a licence to use it on other frequencies.

And you only really need to block the video transmitter, since they wont be able to see where the quadcopter is unless they are literally standing infront of it while using it to peek into your windows.

Isn't broadcasting an strong signal on all frequencies to interfere with wireless transmission illegal?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Isn't broadcasting an strong signal on all frequencies to interfere with wireless transmission illegal?

If the signal you are trying to interfere with is law enforcement or Military, yes it is.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

If the signal you are trying to interfere with is law enforcement or Military, yes it is.

I'm pretty sure interfering with your neighbour's wifi is too...

Spoiler

I thought I read an article a couple years back that said, everyone has the same right to broadcast as everyone else, so broadcasting a signal on all frequencies to interfere with your neighbors wifi, however not cool, is not constitutionally illegal. However the article did say that deliberately interfering with law enforcement or military activities is very much so illegal. 

Things may have changed while I was not paying a bunch of attention, or be different in Canada. 

I am not liable for any ill effects that may come upon you for jamming your neighbors wifi. 

I dont see how it could be illegal as long as youre using a unlicenced frequency

Since when did drones become mainstream?!

Aliens?

No... just a traditional canadian pasttime.

I dont see how it could be illegal as long as youre using a unlicenced frequency

I thought I read an article a couple years back that said, everyone has the same right to broadcast as everyone else, so broadcasting a signal on all frequencies to interfere with your neighbors wifi, however not cool, is not constitutionally illegal. However the article did say that deliberately interfering with law enforcement or military activities is very much so illegal. 

Things may have changed while I was not paying a bunch of attention, or be different in Canada. 

I am not liable for any ill effects that may come upon you for jamming your neighbors wifi. 

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/smt-gst.nsf/eng/sf10048.html

Spoiler

So your saying Canada does not fall under the authority of the US supreme court?  :P

So your saying Canada does not fall under the authority of the US supreme court?  :P

Same laws as in he US

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/jammer-enforcement

Spoiler

There are still laws in how much power you transmit, even in unlicensed bands... if there wasn't I'd build a large version of this and go to the mall: http://www.ladyada.net/make/wavebubble/

From what I can tell the kickstart device alerts you if ANYTHING transmitting between 1mhz and 6.8ghz moves you will know about it... You can set exceptions, but that means anyone with a cell phone walking on the sidewalk will alert you. It says that it can figure out if the frequency is a drone or not, but I really have no clue how they would do that without sniffing some of the data.

Probably be cheaper to turn all of the windows in your house into one way mirrors than buy this.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X