Heaven Society - Week 4 (Wolf's Rain)

JLCitadel
vfAXr6z.png

Current Anime

Wolf's Rain

59403.jpg

Synopsis

In some distant future, it's common knowledge that all wolves have been extinct for 200 years. However, it seems this is false as wolves have not disappeared but rather have taken human form. Kiba, a lone wolf, wanders into a city, trying to sniff out the Lunar Flowers that are supposed to lead whoever follows the scent to paradise. The source of the smell is Cheza, a girl who sleeps in what appears to be suspended animation in a lab. She and the wolves are drawn to each other, and Kiba hopes to find paradise once he finds the source of the scent of Lunar Flowers. However, once Kiba finds Cheza, she is kidnapped by a mysterious person called Darcia, and his search begins anew. Before he leaves the city, he meets 3 other wolves, Tsume, Hige and Toboe. All four wolves have very different personalities and ideas, and their friendliness towards each other is a little rough around the edges. However, they soon band together to continue to search for paradise.

My Opinion

I love wolves. I love adventures. & I've got big hopes for this.

Editing and posting after I watch a few eps.

To kick off the discussion, how do you feel about dubbed as opposed to subbed anime? How do you think watching it one way or the other could effect your view of the anime characters? Do you think it's more effective on specific genres? Would those differences apply to wolf's rain? Which do you prefer and do you recommend people view Wolfs Rain in?

I used to enjoy dubbed as that's how I was exposed to it, now I only watched subbed, it feels like it was made for it. Feels more natural and proper to me. Reading is second nature to me and i do it quickly so i never miss important scenes because of that. I recommend subbed.

Links To Watch Wolf's Rain

Link 1 (Dubbed)

Link 2 (Subbed)

Member Tags

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your member tags aren't all working.

He's gotta fix em after posting them because of the member tagging limit. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Not a fan of dubbed, i avoid them as much as possible.

The art reminds me of cowboy bebop a little.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a fan of dubbed, i avoid them as much as possible.

Someone like you shouldn't have a problem finding subbed versions of the show at all~ :D

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I used to watch dubbed when i watched pokemon, however when i caught up, the latest episodes were in japanese so i started watching that. It sounded better, and I was interested in the language. (Picked up the use of honorifics mainly). Everything i've watched since have been subbed. Dubbed is just so cringeworthy often because of the American voice acting which doesn't seem to work in an anime (or cartoon in general) environment. 

Come to think of it, shows like family guy seem to be alright. It's the kids cartoons that are bad, as it's full of adults trying to sound like kids. The Japanese can do this much better.

The worst part is probably just the differences in language reflected in the animation, and substituting Japanese culture with American culture. 

Oh and the mispronunciation of names... :P

I used to enjoy dubbed as that's how I was exposed to it, now I only watched subbed, it feels like it was made for it. Feels more natural and proper to me.

Yup, that's it! :D

If the dub people actually tried to get pronunciation right, kept names, used the japanese word for certain names (stuff like "rice ball" is still onigiri, just like people use the word sushi everywhere. It is what it is :P), tried to keep the same emotion and mannerisms of each character such as the laughs and things then it could be ok, but things often just don't translate well. 

I'll take a look at Wolfs Rain soon. I have a skype job interview (in California) soon, and an assignment for uni, so i'll probably watch it at the beginning of next week. (This runs until next Friday right? ) :D

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I used to watch dubbed when i watched pokemon, however when i caught up, the latest episodes were in japanese so i started watching that. It sounded better, and I was interested in the language. (Picked up the use of honorifics mainly). Everything i've watched since have been subbed. Dubbed is just so cringeworthy often because of the American voice acting which doesn't seem to work in an anime (or cartoon in general) environment. 

Come to think of it, shows like family guy seem to be alright. It's the kids cartoons that are bad, as it's full of adults trying to sound like kids. The Japanese can do this much better.

The worst part is probably just the differences in language reflected in the animation, and substituting Japanese culture with American culture. 

Oh and the mispronunciation of names... :P

Yup, that's it! :D

As you can tell, I'm quite a fan of subbed.

I'll take a look at Wolfs Rain soon. I have a skype job interview (in California) soon, and an assignment for uni, so i'll probably watch it at the beginning of next week. (This runs until next Friday right? ) :D

Agreed.... 

And good luck on the job interview~ 

Yup this runs till friday due to delays at setting up voting and whatnot. Gotta work around the schedule ya know? 

I don't really like dubbed ,I feel that the american voice acting wrecks the characters personality. I think that watching dubbed or subbed could effect your view of the anime characters, as the dubbed voice could change the personality of the character. I think dubbed only works on specific genres whereas subbed works across a range of genres. I would recommend watching wolf's rain subbed.

I don't really like dubbed ,I feel that the american voice acting wrecks the characters personality. I think that watching dubbed or subbed could effect your view of the anime characters, as the dubbed voice could change the personality of the character. I think dubbed only works on specific genres whereas subbed works across a range of genres. I would recommend watching wolf's rain subbed.

I've seen just a handful of series that actually has good dubbing, sadly the english VAs aren't good at their jobs xD

I like dubs, I know that they used to suck but modern dubs are fine. That and because I like to multitask.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I like dubs, I know that they used to suck but modern dubs are fine. That and because I like to multitask.

Haha multitask? I lost that ability after high school. 

I like dubs, I know that they used to suck but modern dubs are fine. That and because I like to multitask.oops phone told me to try again later sorry for double post

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I like dubs, I know that they used to suck but modern dubs are fine. That and because I like to multitask.oops phone told me to try again later sorry for double post

Hahaha no problem. 

Whoo this is a classic. I watched it shortly after it first made it over to the states. Ill wouldnt mind rewatching but I just started jojo and they are polar opposites. I even remember recording this on cartoon network. I sould see if I can dig those up. :P

The art reminds me of cowboy bebop a little.

Its from the same time frame so thats not surprising. what the animation studio?

Someone like you shouldn't have a problem finding subbed versions of the show at all~ :D

I originally saw this dubbed but it was so long ago I really couldnt tell you if they did a good job or not.

I dont think is has to wreck it. I can name plenty where I consider the dub just as good and moving. When done correctly the personality shouldnt change. This is something the adr director should be keeping tabs on.

I've seen just a handful of series that actually has good dubbing, sadly the english VAs aren't good at their jobs xD

There a quite a few good ones but they cost significantly more money than others so youll only see them all together in big things like evagangelion and features kike summer wars.

I would say some modern dubs are actually worse, especially the ones funimation dubs because they think they have to but sadly its a niche anime so its not going to sell well and this gets a small budget. They have ratjer recently started doing what sentai does only dub stuff that really needs it then go back if something sells well. This should hopefully cut down on bad dubs at least from them.

The thing about dubs is they don't work with all types of anime, personally i have issues dealing with "cutesy" voices and "over reactions" in English. FEW times it does not sound weird, very few.

I personally hate the fake japanese cutesy voises amd want to punch some of the characters that have them.

I originally saw this dubbed but it was so long ago I really couldnt tell you if they did a good job or not.

There a quite a few good ones but they cost significantly more money than others so youll only see them all together in big things like evagangelion and features kike summer wars.

I personally hate the fake japanese cutesy voises amd want to punch some of the characters that have them.

I haven't watched this series yet so I'll most likely be watching subbed. 

Sounds about right, I accidentally got the dubbed version of Garden of Words and it actually sounded pretty good. Spice and Wolf dubbed was good too, I'd even go as far as to say some of the dubbed parts had more feeling to them. But I still prefer the sub overall, it just "feels" normal.  

Agreed... I totally know what you mean... the moment when you hear it and roll your eyes... its ridiculous... 

Agreed.... 

And good luck on the job interview~ 

Yup this runs till friday due to delays at setting up voting and whatnot. Gotta work around the schedule ya know? 

:P After a 1:30 long convo I got the job ;) Have to go all the way to the US from the UK at the end of july now for a year :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

:P After a 1:30 long convo I got the job ;) Have to go all the way to the US from the UK at the end of july now for a year :P

Congratz~! Now on the downside you have to deal with our laws and overweight populace.... 

If you don't mind me asking whats the job? 

Congratz~! Now on the downside you have to deal with our laws and overweight populace.... 

If you don't mind me asking whats the job? 

And the NSA :P

It's a software engineer role for Appcelerator  :)

And the NSA :P

It's a software engineer role for Appcelerator   :)

Looked up the site. Kinda confused about what services they provide. I saw finances and analytics.... *scratches head*

Looked up the site. Kinda confused about what services they provide. I saw finances and analytics.... *scratches head*

Yeah they do that too . Analytics, cloud and mobile software and infrastructure.

just finished steins gate. now onto the next one!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/