Why do you say that? What is stopping you from interacting audibly with your device? FYI there's never going to be an actual person on the other end of a digital assistant lol (I'll assume you were referring to strictly phone calls).

because i don't like it, also i'm in south america, spanish is what everyone speaks since 300 years ago and the implementation is shit, you end up repeating the sentence 4 or 5 time before it gets it right, besides it just weird IMHO

Release On pc pleaaasseeee.... So...whats so special about win8phones? Iv o ly used android and iphones (for 10 min then threw it away)

its different, id say its main advantage against other mobile os is how fast it is, i have the lowest end wp8 phone and it works pretty well, an android of the same price would either run, an outdated version or lag like hell, but the mayor drawback would be the vastly inferior app store, it lacks so much stuff and most apps gets update once in a blue moon, even stuff like fb or twitter, but outside of that its pretty good id say is vastly superior to ios and close to android, its in the middle of both in term of quality

Download the developer preview. there's a tutorial for it on WPCentral. I have it on my L620 since the day it was available.

link? please.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

• 2 months later...

Download the developer preview. there's a tutorial for it on WPCentral. I have it on my L620 since the day it was available.

Can't you just change it in the setting? Afaik you will only lose on the local search if you change the region to US.

May I add that unlike Siri, everything is actually being processed and saved on your phone,meaning you can still use Cortana offline,provided you are not searching anything on the internet.

Man WP8.1 really flies on my lowly spec L620. Both my lil sisters are a bit envious of me as I have a cheap phone that is just as fast as their S4 and iPhone 5S

It is not possible to install Cortana on HTC 8s because it doesnt have the option to set language to English(US). It just cant be done. Trust me i know. I used to own it, and have been looking everywhere for a sollution. Always the same answer and result. Can not be done on HTC 8s. Koreans did not include English(US) in the phone. Now I m on Lumia 1520 and life is good :D

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

You put the red theme on just so Cortana looks like HAL 9000, didn't you?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Yea cortana is awesome it can turn your pc on and these guy made like a hack for it so it printed stuff I posted on the forum awhile ago.

Not sure why people overrate Cortana so much. Siri could do all these things two years ago and just keeps getting better.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

can't wait to upgrade my Lumia 520 to 8.1 when it comes out!

well i have the samsung ativ s and i already upgraded to windows 8.1. so haha. no but seriously for me it makes the windows phone actually more competitive against android. its not revolutionairy by any means but lets say it fixes a broken os (kinda). it adressed a lot of the issues a had with windows pone and its layout. as for cortana i cant say much since it will be coming to europe a bit later than us.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Not sure why people overrate Cortana so much. Siri could do all these things two years ago and just keeps getting better.

yeah that might be true and maybe its a great peace of software but you know what? - fuck it. apple sucks and if they invented flying cars or freaking money growing trees i wouldnt buy those. apple can just go srew themselfes in their fucking pools filled with money. ( yes its aggressive. is it offensive? i dont think so as im only attacking the company im not calling any iphone user an idiot or a dumb idiot or something) 

PS: fanboys suck

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

yeah that might be true and maybe its a great peace of software but you know what? - fuck it. apple sucks and if they invented flying cars or freaking money growing trees i wouldnt buy those. apple can just go srew themselfes in their fucking pools filled with money. ( yes its aggressive. is it offensive? i dont think so as im only attacking the company im not calling any iphone user an idiot or a dumb idiot or something) 

PS: fanboys suck

Wow. I wasn't even criticizing Cortana in any way. I also wasn't being a fanboy or even an Apple advocate for that matter. I was just stating a simple fact. What is with this hate? Seriously, that whole post is full examples that show how ignorant you are being here. Have a good day sir... Unbelievable.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

My understanding of Cortana is that she's much more capable at understanding "lay man's english", or the ability to just talk to the phone and it figures out what you want.

A large issue with Siri and Google Now is that you have to phrase your questions correctly for it to give you proper results.

And finally, I think the best benefit to Cortana is the simple fact that it's still just in Beta, and it already comes pretty damn close to Siri in many ways. I'm super excited. The live demo at the developers conference was simply awesome (And yeah okay some of it was staged, like when he had conversations with it). When they did the actual demo of various stuff, it was very impressive to see.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Wow. I wasn't even criticizing Cortana in any way. I also wasn't being a fanboy or even an Apple advocate for that matter. I was just stating a simple fact. What is with this hate? Seriously, that whole post is full examples that show how ignorant you are being here. Have a good day sir... Unbelievable.

ok first of all i wrote that half laughing so no hate here but pointing out siri in a post about cortana you are in fact comparing them by saying "apple did it first" i mean no hate but apple wasnt the topic and i do hate apple not the users just apple . for the users i feel sorry. im not saying you are a fanboy but you say stuff a fanboy would. for example bringing up apple in a topic completly unrelated. and fanboys suck come on who would disagree that a dude who pushes te company he likes over everything else isnt anoying. i for example dont favor anything i analyze my needs and choose the company/brand that suits them best. but people with iphones and beats for that matter do annoy th heck out of me because they only get those because they are cool and everyone who doesnt have one is a looser. ( yeah you guessed right there is a lot of hurtful history buried in my childhood)

so too sum it up i dont hate people using iphones i just hate people buying brands that are cool right now and bringing it up all the time like everything else is garbage

ok first of all i wrote that half laughing so no hate here but pointing out siri in a post about cortana you are in fact comparing them by saying "apple did it first" i mean no hate but apple wasnt the topic and i do hate apple not the users just apple . for the users i feel sorry. im not saying you are a fanboy but you say stuff a fanboy would. for example bringing up apple in a topic completly unrelated. and fanboys suck come on who would disagree that a dude who pushes te company he likes over everything else isnt anoying. i for example dont favor anything i analyze my needs and choose the company/brand that suits them best. but people with iphones and beats for that matter do annoy th heck out of me because they only get those because they are cool and everyone who doesnt have one is a looser. ( yeah you guessed right there is a lot of hurtful history buried in my childhood)

so too sum it up i dont hate people using iphones i just hate people buying brands that are cool right now and bringing it up all the time like everything else is garbage

Ok sorry man I took that post way too serious :D And I agree that fanboyism is a bad thing. Yes and I do disagree with any purchase of something like a phone that is based on popular opinion like that.

Just had to deal with so many deliberate Apple hate post lately that I mistook this one for being one...:D

I see you like Disciple, OP. Good choice :)

What its probably doing is using a search engine and openning the first page (I'm feeling lucky button).

Now the question is-

Is it using Bing or Google.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China