Will extra ps4 power allow for more?

Thebman712

hey guys so i am in the midts of deciding between a ps4 and xbox one to me my next gen console to play on with friends, so what im asking is do you guys think that the extra performance will do anything extra for the ps4 other than play games at 1080p, will iot have a longer lifespan, get special games that the xbox one wont be able to handle. also with direct x 11 on xbone do you think that will do any good for the xbone

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

hey guys so i am in the midts of deciding between a ps4 and xbox one to me my next gen console to play on with friends, so what im asking is do you guys think that the extra performance will do anything extra for the ps4 other than play games at 1080p, will iot have a longer lifespan, get special games that the xbox one wont be able to handle. also with direct x 11 on xbone do you think that will do any good for the xbone

direct x11 runs on the ps4 as well. And no the Ps4's extra power wont do anything but give it more power, if you get what I'm saying. All the benfits of better hardware is what you will get when purchasing a PS4, I mean it's not going to allow the ps4 to grow legs and do a backflip. Your question is a little strange, by "extra" im not entirely sure what you mean.

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Not really? The power differences are so hilariously overblown that its equivalent to the e-penis measuring between PC guys and their own hardware. 

Take a look at some of the current games that actually look good on either platform. Shocker; they aren't 'technical' powerhouses. Will it help in the long run? doubtful. Will DX11 help in the long run? Doubtful. Longer lifespan? Never again. Don't count on another long lifespan for this generation. 

Pick whatever platform has the games you are interested in. Consoles are inherently a compromised experience. You don't buy them for specs. You buy them for other reasons. So once again, go with whatever platform is getting more games that interest YOU. 

I am a glorious God gamer. I'll grab both at some point, the XBone first. Because thats what my friends got, so it makes sense to get what I'll have multiplayer fun on the most. But a few years down the line, I still want a PS4 for all the other cool first party titles I won't get. Just like PS4 users would want XBO titles they don't get. 

direct x11 runs on the ps4 as well. And no the Ps4's extra power wont do anything but give it more power, if you get what I'm saying. All the benfits of better hardware is what you will get when purchasing a PS4, I mean it's not going to allow the ps4 to grow legs and do a backflip. Your question is a little strange, by "extra" im not entirely sure what you mean.

what im meaning is it going to be better in terms or pure performance or is the fact that there consoles just going to make not much of a difference 

My Rig  

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

what im meaning is it going to be better in terms or pure performance or is the fact that there consoles just going to make not much of a difference 

The PS4 is better in terms of pure performance.

Not really? The power differences are so hilariously overblown that its equivalent to the e-penis measuring between PC guys and their own hardware. 

Take a look at some of the current games that actually look good on either platform. Shocker; they aren't 'technical' powerhouses. Will it help in the long run? doubtful. Will DX11 help in the long run? Doubtful. Longer lifespan? Never again. Don't count on another long lifespan for this generation. 

Pick whatever platform has the games you are interested in. Consoles are inherently a compromised experience. You don't buy them for specs. You buy them for other reasons. So once again, go with whatever platform is getting more games that interest YOU. 

I am a glorious God gamer. I'll grab both at some point, the XBone first. Because thats what my friends got, so it makes sense to get what I'll have multiplayer fun on the most. But a few years down the line, I still want a PS4 for all the other cool first party titles I won't get. Just like PS4 users would want XBO titles they don't get. 

It's not "hilariously overblown", tomb raider is a good example of this, PS4 bridges the gap and you are able to hit a 60fps mark, thats hardly overblown from a console standpoint, PC yes, when it comes down to one system and another, and seeing how much more of a difference other hardware can make. Obviously we know consoles don't have a long lifespan anymore, but that wasn't the question, the question was is it significantly better FROM A CONSOLE STANDPOINT (which is something PC gamers cant really comprehend) and the answer is yes.

Edit: Of course better hardware will help in the longrun. You just look like your throwing dirt on consoles or have no idea what console culture is like. 

I'm not throwing dirt, I've probably been doing the 'console culture' a hell of a lot longer than you; the differences are being so overblown. Its still the launch window. What console has had brilliance out the launch window? Remember the PS3 and 360? Holeeee shit those were awful in graphics. Look at how they ended their generation? Yea, thats what I thought. 

People need to justify their e-peen and make sense of their purchase, so they'll cling to anything to make their side look better for any and every reason. Regular people will, as I said, just pick what makes sense for them. Like I said, for me its XBO then PS4, for some it might be PS4 then XBO, for others they might just get both at once down the line. Who knows. 

Its actually funny that you mentioned console culture. Outside the internet experts, the actual bulk of customers who buy these things don't know better. The actual bulk of consumers who these consoles are for wouldn't be able to tell you if a PS4 or a XBO was running a game if you showed it to them. Thats the console culture. Its casual. No body gives a shit so long as it just works. 

In the long run the hardware differences may or may not amount to anything. We don't know. You don't have a crystal ball. We aren't even a year into the console lives much less 5. So lets wait.

I'm not throwing dirt, I've probably been doing the 'console culture' a hell of a lot longer than you; the differences are being so overblown. Its still the launch window. What console has had brilliance out the launch window? Remember the PS3 and 360? Holeeee shit those were awful in graphics. Look at how they ended their generation? Yea, thats what I thought. 

People need to justify their e-peen and make sense of their purchase, so they'll cling to anything to make their side look better for any and every reason. Regular people will, as I said, just pick what makes sense for them. Like I said, for me its XBO then PS4, for some it might be PS4 then XBO, for others they might just get both at once down the line. Who knows. 

Its actually funny that you mentioned console culture. Outside the internet experts, the actual bulk of customers who buy these things don't know better. The actual bulk of consumers who these consoles are for wouldn't be able to tell you if a PS4 or a XBO was running a game if you showed it to them. Thats the console culture. Its casual. No body gives a shit so long as it just works. 

In the long run the hardware differences may or may not amount to anything. We don't know. You don't have a crystal ball. We aren't even a year into the console lives much less 5. So lets wait.

i tend to a gree with you on this so i think i will wait

My Rig  

PS4 is the 1080p system and the Xboner is 720p most of the time.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

When it comes to picking a console system you really shouldn't look at specs or what the fanboys are saying, that's a losing battle. You should pick up a console that you believe you're going to have the most fun with. I got an XBone because that's what most of my friends play and I also like the controllers for xbox better than the PS4 controllers. I also liked the 360 better than the PS3 which, for me, had a factor in choice just like when the 360 and PS3 came out I got the PS3 first bacause I liked the PS2 better.

So, to make your decision look at the games, look at what your friends are playing and do some research to see which console is having the most problems and decide on them factors because both of the consoles specs will not make that much of a difference, trust me I've played both a lot and they're basically the same performance wise.

"Do not pray for and easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

"A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground."

The performance won't be that different between the two over the long run. If you're getting it to play with friends get whatever system your friends intend to use. If you are all trying to decide on a system choose one based on the exculsives. If you don't care too much about the exclusives get the ps4 because it's cheaper

Rig: AMD FX 8350, Asus Sabertooth 990fx, 16gb Corsair Vengence, Gigabyte R9 290 4GB, Noctua NH-12S, Samsung 840 Evo, WD 1TB Black, Corsair C70, Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster SA350, Acer 193w, Mouse: Cyborg RAT 5. Window 7 Pro

Laptop: Asus x75vd, Intel i5 3210M, 8gb RAM, Nvidia 610m 1gb, 750gb hdd

PS2, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox360

Just get the console you want..really simple as that. I have a PS4 because i know Sony will follow through just like they did with the PS3. Every gen it is the same thing, PS always wins in terms of amazing must play games. I personally have no reason to get a X1 as Microsoft has already said they will be pushing more games to Windows so there you go. If I had to choose just a SINGLE console (including pc) it would be the PS4 easily.

The difference in power between the two consoles is quite a lot greater this time than it was with the 360 and PS3. And there was already enough of a difference between those two.

The Xbox One has less than half the memory bandwidth of the PS4. In order to alleviate that the devs need to make use of the ESRAM module - which is completely insufficient in size for them to properly do so. The Xbox One also has less RAM available for games to use, significantly less graphical horsepower and slightly less CPU power.

DirectX 12 may alleviate the downfall of the Xbox's performance slightly, but the simple fact of the matter is the Xbox One's hardware is a mess. This is not an insignificant difference in power between the two, this is quite large.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

xbone, lol. Console power doesn't honestly really matter, because you will be playing against people with the same specs.

Im just going to get both, then I dont have to choose

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Im just going to get both, then I dont have to choose

Smart move. You can get the best of both worlds :D

"Do not pray for and easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

"A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground."

The performance difference between the two is small enough to call the two basically the same... At the end of their life cycle they both well be running the same games with the same graphics at the same fps just get what your friends have and what exclusives look better to you