Amazon wrong product right box

GeorgeKellow

Hi Guys and Gals, 

I bought a monitor off Amazon Warehouse (UK) and it came today. I purchased the HP Z27n G2 monitor but the regular HP Z27n came- smashed up to hell also!! 

I have got in contact with Amazon about the situation and they said to sent it back for a full refund, however, I have a funny feeling that they will reject it? Has anyone else had a similar issue? I am a prime member if that holds any weight 

Many thanks 

George 

I had!

Was the right product but destroyed.

Replaced it with zero hassle (I am also  a prime boiii). 

I suggest you take some pics now to prove it came smashed

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Just now, Metallus97 said:

I had!

Was the right product but destroyed.

Replaced it with zero hassle (I am also  a prime boiii). 

I suggest you take some pics now to prove it came smashed

I've got photos. 

I have no issues with it being destroyed, but as it was in the right box but the product was wrong makes me think someone has switched it around and amazon haven't even checked? 

Hoping as a prime member they'll swap it out no problem 

4 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

I have no issues with it being destroyed, but as it was in the right box but the product was wrong makes me think someone has switched it around and amazon haven't even checked? 

Hoping as a prime member they'll swap it out no problem 

Ah, i see. But I don't think this will not be any issue because: https://fortune.com/2018/06/11/amazon-destroying-inventory-germany/ :D 

I bet they to this to in the UK

Serios now: Guess they will believe you. Its more hassle and more expesive to prove to you and possible lose you as a  customer compared to eating the factory price of a monitor 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

This is something that happens a bit apparently on Amazon (people buying a product and returning something else for their money back and Amazon/third party sellers reselling that).

In the past I have read some stories from some members here, specifically @Syntaxvgm with this quote:

50% of what I've returned is shit I get that's literally something someone return scammed- dropped an old item in it or something. Or it's broken.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

This kind of stuff is why I pretty much always record myself opening the boxes.... That way I kind of have proof that I'm not lying. Even more so with Amazon's Anti-tamper tape that doesn't stick back on if you remove it and is easily noticeable if it was cut.

I doubt Amazon will fight you on that one, just ship it back with the free return label.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

16 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Hi Guys and Gals, 

I bought a monitor off Amazon Warehouse (UK) and it came today. I purchased the HP Z27n G2 monitor but the regular HP Z27n came- smashed up to hell also!! 

I have got in contact with Amazon about the situation and they said to sent it back for a full refund, however, I have a funny feeling that they will reject it? Has anyone else had a similar issue? I am a prime member if that holds any weight 

Many thanks 

George 

Why would they reject it? Amazon's return policy is honestly too good - open for abuse easily.

How did the box look upon arrival? Was the box also damaged/in poor condition, or just the monitor?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Why would they reject it? Amazon's return policy is honestly too good - open for abuse easily.

How did the box look upon arrival? Was the box also damaged/in poor condition, or just the monitor?

The box didn't look in the best condition 

5 hours ago, GeorgeKellow said:

The box didn't look in the best condition 

It's entirely possible that the damage happened en route. Regardless, though, if the wrong product is in the box, they'll definitely give you a full refund.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)