Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

Can you post a screenshot? If the addon is too narrow, it hides the profile pic to get more space.

post-44947-0-28123300-1419377038_thumb.j

Yup, doesn't seem too narrow, unless you have an aritificial white space that's taking up room to keep space between the LTT logo and buttons on the left? (Not sure how that works :P)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-12-23 at 6.20.44 PM.jpg

Yup, doesn't seem too narrow, unless you have an aritificial white space that's taking up room to keep space between the LTT logo and buttons on the left? (Not sure how that works :P)

If you add another widget (try notifications or Channel Superfun), it will sort itself out. However, If that expanded to the full width, when it looks like

4935bc201d.png

it would be too wide to fit on. I guess I could show the picture when it's at an intermediate width, but the code to manage the resizing it already pretty complicated.

I will look into it.

HTTP/2 203

If you add another widget (try notifications or Channel Superfun), it will sort itself out. However, If that expanded to the full width, when it looks like

4935bc201d.png

it would be too wide to fit on. I guess I could show the picture when it's at an intermediate width, but the code to manage the resizing it already pretty complicated.

I will look into it.

Ahh, I see. It makes sense, so I don't see a huge rush in adding that feature.

I have just pushed v1.1.0 to the release channel. The review queue doesn't look too long at the moment, so I expect it to release at some point in the next week (so at some point in 2014), but anything could happen so I can't promise anything.

Change log from v1.1.0b3:

• Added a work around for a Firefox bug that was causing notifications not to be displayed correctly
  • I'm pretty sure there was something else, but I can't remember what it was. It was minor anyway.

HTTP/2 203

v1.1.2 of the addon has just been approved by mozilla, and should roll out within the next 24 hours or so. I will be updating the OP and the AMO page with new screenshots soon.

HTTP/2 203

v1.1.2 of the addon has just been approved by mozilla, and should roll out within the next 24 hours or so. I will be updating the OP and the AMO page with new screenshots soon.

Well that was nice of them to do it so fast. Even when its Christmas.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The new update is pretty nice, the only real complaint that I have is that if you don't show some of the channel and it gets smaller the drop down stays the same size and gets cut off and some funky stuff. Personally I just leave them all up on mine because of the higher Res screens, but I could see it as an issue for some monitors with lower res's.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Linux + Resolution = this

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2015-01-03 20:44:00.png

I had enough trouble making it fit on my computer :\. I'll look into whether there's anything else I can do.

The new update is pretty nice, the only real complaint that I have is that if you don't show some of the channel and it get smaller the drop down stay the same size and get cut off and some funky stuff. Personally I just leave them all up on mine because of the higher Res screens, but I could see it as an issue for some monitors with little res's.

You have no idea how long I spent making low res work, and I was pretty sure I succeed. I would love it if you could provide me with a screenshot so that I can try to reproduce and resolve the issue (ideally so that I know which widgets you have enabled).

Thanks for the reports. I will probably release a bugfix version in a couple of weeks (assuming I'm not overly busy with school etc) once some more bugs have been reported (there are 2 or 3 others that I have already identified).

HTTP/2 203

You have no idea how long I spent making low res work, and I was pretty sure I succeed. I would love it if you could provide me with a screenshot so that I can try to reproduce and resolve the issue (ideally so that I know which widgets you have enabled).

Of course now I can't get it to work and it works great... (Good for the app, well at least if it's not really an issue that is.)Now the only time it becomes an issues is if you have all the channels disabled and all it does is make scroll bars, which though annoying are not that big of a deal.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Of course now I can't get it to work and it works great... (Good for the app, well at least if it's not really an issue that is.)Now the only time it becomes an issues is if you have all the channels disabled and all it does is make scroll bars, which though annoying are not that big of a deal.

I think that if you ever do run into this issue again, it can be resolved by simply closing the panel (as in clicking the toolbar icon) and opening it again, because although it should reflow correctly normally, if it doesn't, closing and reopening it will force it to reflow and recalculate the dimensions required. I wish there was a more elegant solution, but this is all I can suggest at the moment.

HTTP/2 203

Thanks this is going to be soooo useful! :)  ^_^

I had enough trouble making it fit on my computer :\. I'll look into whether there's anything else I can do.

Thanks for the reports. I will probably release a bugfix version in a couple of weeks (assuming I'm not overly busy with school etc) once some more bugs have been reported (there are 2 or 3 others that I have already identified).

As far as I know, that dropdown menu is only problematic thing. Otherwise it works fine. There's some tightness in depug tab in osettings but that is also minor issue. I have 1 YT pane (CSF), notification pane and the normal Twitch + Quick settings enabled.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

When I enable/disable various options within the plugin (mainly the YT notification system) the size of the control box increases if I enable something and decreases if I disable something.

When I enable/disable various options within the plugin (mainly the YT notification system) the size of the control box increases if I enable something and decreases if I disable something.

yes, because it also hides the bit in the ui that displays those videos.

HTTP/2 203

I'm in the process of making a bug fix version (if all goes well, it could be out this weekend and should be out by the end of next weekend), so if anyone has any bugs to report, now is the time to do it. These are the bugs that I've fixed or am planning to fix:

• Thread titles with & in them are not displayed correctly
  • A notification is displayed when you mark notifications read, even if you don't actually have any new notifications
  • On some OSes, the auto-mark read dropdown menu is too wide
  • YouTube notifications lead to the wrong place
  • Twitch just doesn't work at all (I think).

HTTP/2 203

Just leaving this here since it told me to:

Currently 1/20/2015, 8:40:48 AM

Errors: []

Settings: {"panel.yt-tq":true,"panel.ltt-messages":false,"autoMarkRead":"none","youtube.csf":true,"panel.twitch":true,"sound.messages":"notification-1.mp3","popup.twitch":true,"youtube.latest":"{\"ltt\":\"ywAAHuCshnA\",\"tq\":\"IsXEVQRaTX8\",\"csf\":\"o59dBJjph48\"}","ltt.reports":true,"moderator":false,"panel.yt-csf":true,"doNotDisturb":false,"sound.youtube":"notification-1.mp3","twitch.LinusTech":true,"popup.youtube":true,"updateTime.reports":2,"twitch":true,"popup.reports":true,"twitch.Luke_Lafr":true,"youtube.tq":true,"panel.ltt-notifications":false,"sound.reports":"notification-3.mp3","panel.quick-settings":true,"ltt.messages":true,"injectAmazonAffiliate":false,"sound.uptime":"notification-1.mp3","panel.tools":true,"link.target":"blank","messagesShown":"[\"welcome v1.1\"]","sound":false,"updateTime.ltt":1,"youtube":true,"api.notificationsV1":false,"popup.error":true,"updateTime.twitch":2,"ltt.injectParser":true,"sound.error":"notification-1.mp3","sound.priority":"[\"sound.error\",\"sound.notifications\",\"sound.messages\",\"sound.reports\",\"sound.twitch\",\"sound.youtube\",\"sound.uptime\"]","updateTime.full":10,"panel.yt-ltt":true,"sound.notifications":"notification-1.mp3","sound.volume":"1","popup.uptime":true,"sound.twitch":"notification-1.mp3","popup.interval":500,"updateTime.yt":10,"ui.useSettingTranslucency":true,"sound.notifications.time":"start","api.basicV1":10,"popup.messages":true,"version":"1.1.3","popup.notifications":true,"ltt.notifications":true,"popup":true,"youtube.ltt":true}

LOG:
Initialising... 1/20/2015, 8:40:35 AM
Firefox 35.0 darwin

1/20/2015, 8:40:36 AM: ERROR: FATAL ERROR: UI creation failed with error:
frame.contentDocument is undefined
callError@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid1-23jjnbcwpfq3ag-at-jetpack/ltt-notifier/lib/main.js:207:84
die@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid1-23jjnbcwpfq3ag-at-jetpack/ltt-notifier/lib/main.js:122:3
@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid1-23jjnbcwpfq3ag-at-jetpack/ltt-notifier/lib/main.js:559:3
@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid1-23jjnbcwpfq3ag-at-jetpack/ltt-notifier/lib/main.js:25:2
evaluate@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js:266:19
load@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js:317:5
CuddlefishLoader/options<.load@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/loader/cuddlefish.js:129:18
main@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js:683:10
run@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/runner.js:145:19
startup/</<@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/runner.js:86:7
Handler.prototype.process@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:865:23
this.PromiseWalker.walkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:744:7

LTT YouTube:
Not downloaded

TQ YouTube:
Not downloaded

CSF YouTube:
Not downloaded

LinusTech Twitch:
Not downloaded

Luke_lafr Twitch:
Not downloaded

Summary API:
Not downloaded

Edited by colonel_mortis
added spoiler

Just leaving this here since it told me to:

Currently 1/20/2015, 8:40:48 AM

Errors: []

Settings: {"panel.yt-tq":true,"panel.ltt-messages":false,"autoMarkRead":"none","youtube.csf":true,"panel.twitch":true,"sound.messages":"notification-1.mp3","popup.twitch":true,"youtube.latest":"{\"ltt\":\"ywAAHuCshnA\",\"tq\":\"IsXEVQRaTX8\",\"csf\":\"o59dBJjph48\"}","ltt.reports":true,"moderator":false,"panel.yt-csf":true,"doNotDisturb":false,"sound.youtube":"notification-1.mp3","twitch.LinusTech":true,"popup.youtube":true,"updateTime.reports":2,"twitch":true,"popup.reports":true,"twitch.Luke_Lafr":true,"youtube.tq":true,"panel.ltt-notifications":false,"sound.reports":"notification-3.mp3","panel.quick-settings":true,"ltt.messages":true,"injectAmazonAffiliate":false,"sound.uptime":"notification-1.mp3","panel.tools":true,"link.target":"blank","messagesShown":"[\"welcome v1.1\"]","sound":false,"updateTime.ltt":1,"youtube":true,"api.notificationsV1":false,"popup.error":true,"updateTime.twitch":2,"ltt.injectParser":true,"sound.error":"notification-1.mp3","sound.priority":"[\"sound.error\",\"sound.notifications\",\"sound.messages\",\"sound.reports\",\"sound.twitch\",\"sound.youtube\",\"sound.uptime\"]","updateTime.full":10,"panel.yt-ltt":true,"sound.notifications":"notification-1.mp3","sound.volume":"1","popup.uptime":true,"sound.twitch":"notification-1.mp3","popup.interval":500,"updateTime.yt":10,"ui.useSettingTranslucency":true,"sound.notifications.time":"start","api.basicV1":10,"popup.messages":true,"version":"1.1.3","popup.notifications":true,"ltt.notifications":true,"popup":true,"youtube.ltt":true}

LOG:

Initialising... 1/20/2015, 8:40:35 AM

Firefox 35.0 darwin

1/20/2015, 8:40:36 AM: ERROR: FATAL ERROR: UI creation failed with error:

frame.contentDocument is undefined

callError@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid1-23jjnbcwpfq3ag-at-jetpack/ltt-notifier/lib/main.js:207:84

die@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid1-23jjnbcwpfq3ag-at-jetpack/ltt-notifier/lib/main.js:122:3

@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid1-23jjnbcwpfq3ag-at-jetpack/ltt-notifier/lib/main.js:559:3

@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://jid1-23jjnbcwpfq3ag-at-jetpack/ltt-notifier/lib/main.js:25:2

evaluate@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js:266:19

load@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js:317:5

CuddlefishLoader/options<.load@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/loader/cuddlefish.js:129:18

main@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js:683:10

run@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/runner.js:145:19

startup/</<@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///Users/20161265/Library/Application%20Support/Firefox/Profiles/ei39umls.default/extensions/jid1-xUfzOsOFlzSOXg@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/addon/runner.js:86:7

Handler.prototype.process@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:865:23

this.PromiseWalker.walkerLoop@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:744:7

LTT YouTube:

Not downloaded

TQ YouTube:

Not downloaded

CSF YouTube:

Not downloaded

LinusTech Twitch:

Not downloaded

Luke_lafr Twitch:

Not downloaded

Summary API:

Not downloaded

Thanks for the report. Is this a recurring issue, or has it only happened once? I have had an issue like that once or twice, but after restarting the browser, it has worked fine for me. I don't know why it's happening, but based on the error message I don't think there's anything I can do about it in my addon.

HTTP/2 203

Thanks for the report. Is this a recurring issue, or has it only happened once? I have had an issue like that once or twice, but after restarting the browser, it has worked fine for me. I don't know why it's happening, but based on the error message I don't think there's anything I can do about it in my addon.

Thank you for the quick support. This only happened when I had the modified version of a keylogger extension installed. I removed it since it's not required for anything. (I just thought it'd be cool to analyze what I type) Also I do not think the way I jsut dumped the log was appropriate. Is there a general guideline I should follow?

Thank you for an awesome addition to my browser!

Thank you for the quick support. This only happened when I had the modified version of a keylogger extension installed. I removed it since it's not required for anything. (I just thought it'd be cool to analyze what I type) Also I do not think the way I jsut dumped the log was appropriate. Is there a general guideline I should follow?

Thank you for an awesome addition to my browser!

I added a spoiler to your post so that it didn't take up too much space.

The error that was generated can be a firefox error, so if it in only reproducible with a keylogger, it is probably a firefox issue rather than an issue with the addon specifically.

HTTP/2 203

I just found this post and this is awesome! Thanks OP.

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to make a dark theme for the add-on?

EDIT: I'm an idiot xD ... just read the upcoming features

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

I just found this post and this is awesome! Thanks OP.

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to make a dark theme for the add-on?

I looked into it and made some prototypes, but it didn't come out as well as I had hoped. Later this year, I am planning to update the addon's design (again) to match the changes that will be made to the forum, and I am planning to at least investigate a night theme further.

PS. regarding your edit, you have misunderstood what I meant in the upcoming features section. I guess I should update that to be more clear.

HTTP/2 203

I looked into it and made some prototypes, but it didn't come out as well as I had hoped. Later this year, I am planning to update the addon's design (again) to match the changes that will be made to the forum, and I am planning to at least investigate a night theme further.

PS. regarding your edit, you have misunderstood what I meant in the upcoming features section. I guess I should update that to be more clear.

Oh, yeah, I really can't read xD ...it's perfectly clear.

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

Oh, yeah, I really can't read xD ...it's perfectly clear.

I just updated it :P

HTTP/2 203

Is anyone else getting a very large number of errors logged in the addon saying "failed to dispatch message to pagemod - The page is currently hidden and can no longer be used until it is visible again"? If so, I'm aware of the issue (though the root cause appears to be a firefox issue), but it shouldn't affect the addon in any meaningful way. I will fix it at some point though.

Anyone else got any bugs that I can fix in the next release?

HTTP/2 203