which resolution is human eye limitation ??

sohail14

day by day technologies improving especially for monitor and tv recently they anounce 8k monitor even 16k also coming 64k resolution coming feauture so which resolution is human eye limitation and what resolution maximum i can see detail??

None because the human eye doesn't see in pixels. Depending on distance, quality, screen size, etc. will all determine how sharp an image looks to you and what I might see could be completely different to what you see.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

There's no limit to what you can see...more just a limit to what you perseeve (however that's spelt, lol)

*I think....I'm just some guy posting on a forum*

The human eye can only see 1080p 30fps.

/s

Using digital measurements to describe the eye's capabilities doesn't really work. Since you're asking about detail, then the pixel density of the screen would matter more, but you also have to consider how far away you are from the screen. If you're farther away, then you could use a lower-resolution screen and still not be able to see the individual pixels.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

2 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

This will give you a general idea. Most of the time you will not be able to see a difference between 1080p, 2k or 4k even.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2017/11/01/when-a-4k-tv-looks-just-like-a-1080p-tv/#c2a3f2d4db75

yes any idea about 720p , between 720p and 1080p theres a huge defference  i can see but why i cannot see between 1080p , 4k , 2k

Because unless you sit really really close to the screen or have an extremely large screen the human eye can not see the extra pixels.

this was never an issue, the problem is not how many frames the human eye sees, the problem is that if the image has few frames it will look like crap in motion

Erm0LJZ.gif

5 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

The human eye can only see 1080p 30fps.

/s

Using digital measurements to describe the eye's capabilities doesn't really work. Since you're asking about detail, then the pixel density of the screen would matter more, but you also have to consider how far away you are from the screen. If you're farther away, then you could use a lower-resolution screen and still not be able to see the individual pixels.

1 minute ago, LinusOnLine said:

This question is about pixels though and not frames :)

5 minutes ago, N1NJ4W4RR10R said:

There's no limit to what you can see...more just a limit to what you perseeve (however that's spelt, lol)

*I think....I'm just some guy posting on a forum*

what if 64k resolution  backround and front image looks sharp even small detail looks clear  crisp image but still  they announce 124k resolution what they actually defference  all detail are clear but still announce new resolution just imagine 

1 minute ago, sohail14 said:

what if 64k resolution  backround and front image looks sharp even small detail looks clear  crisp image but still  they announce 124k resolution what they actually defference  all detail are clear but still announce new resolution just imagine 

They probably would :shrug:

Mind that, it absolutely depends on screen size. The bigger the screen the more pixels you need to keep the image as sharp as on a smaller screen.

17 minutes ago, N1NJ4W4RR10R said:

perseeve (however that's spelt, lol)

perceive. There you go

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

The effective angular resolution of the human eye is about an arcminute (~0.02 degrees).

What that translates into for a flat screen resolution depends on how much of the field of view the screen occupies, which is determined by the size of and distance to the screen.

If VR has taught me anything its that DPI is more important that resolution.

-KuJoe

Resolution doesn't matter. Pixel Density (measured as PPI/Pixels per inch) does and changes depending on how far away from the screen you are

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

It's impossible to distinguish individual pixels on a 16x16 screen if you look far away enough. And you can still see the pixels in an 8K screen if your eyes are close enough.

Your eyes don't work in pixels there isn't a maximum resolution

Ryzen 2700, 16GB, GTX 1080, 1440p165hz

only a very small portion of your retina is high res, the part where you're looking, so you could be looking at a small part of a very high res monitor or tv and still get the benefits of all these pixels, but as you move away from your screen the portion of your screen which you can see clearly increases but the the sharpness of your eye doesn't.

I heard the middle part was something along the lines of 8 MP (mega pixel), around the same as a 2800x2800 screen but this as i explained above, this doesn't mean you won't benefit from a more high res screen at short distances

This is my favourite image for this discussion:

viewing-distance-resolution-comparison_0

As people have mentioned before me: the important thing is pixel density, which is roughly resolution ÷ display-size.

There's more complexities than this, though. Some displays have different densities on each axis (weird, I know) and many displays these days feature different pixel geometry for RGB components, a PC monitor - for instance - has RGB components which is noticeable when reading text with Microsoft ClearType on versus off, but is not noticeable in general use (the human eye is more sensitive to luminosity than colour, which is why ClearType works).

And as discussed before me, indeed the human eye sees in more clarity in the foveal region of the eye so it's only a small area of the display that you're really noticing resolution, everything outside of that area is a blur (but we're very sensitive to motion so we can have good motion clarity in this blurry area).

So to round all that up; look at the graph above. The benefits of increased pixel density is reduced the further away the display is.

Extra: Interestingly, in the old days resolution was all about element real-estate (fitting more text on the display) rather than worrying about visual clarity. These days we have DPI scaling (which is still rather awful on Windows, excellent on modern Linux, macOS and mobile operating systems) and with DPI scaling we make the trade-off between element real-estate and visual clarity.

2 hours ago, sohail14 said:

day by day technologies improving especially for monitor and tv recently they anounce 8k monitor even 16k also coming 64k resolution coming feauture so which resolution is human eye limitation and what resolution maximum i can see detail??

Besides distance or other factors, it is kind of hard to set up a comparison of the human eye to a screen. Every eye is different and eyes are extremely different from screens.

2 hours ago, KuJoe said:

If VR has taught me anything its that DPI is more important that resolution.

VR headsets do not have DPI, they have PPI. And it's not like PPI is more important than total resolution. What ultimately matters is the angular resolution, which depends on more than just the PPI or the total resolution.

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

Resolution doesn't matter. Pixel Density (measured as PPI/Pixels per inch) does and changes depending on how far away from the screen you are

Resolution absolutely matters, and is no less important than pixel density. You can have situations where a low PPI but high total resolution looks better than a high PPI but modest total resolution.

For example, a 4K monitor will typically look a lot sharper than the panels in a VR headset, even though the latter has higher PPI.

(for comparison, an Oculus Rift has a PPI of 456, while a 27-inch 4K monitor has a PPI of 163; it would have to be less than a 10-inch monitor to match the Rift's PPI)

2 hours ago, sohail14 said:

yes any idea about 720p , between 720p and 1080p theres a huge defference  i can see but why i cannot see between 1080p , 4k , 2k

It depends. On a smartphone screen the difference will usually be pretty small. On a laptop or monitor, though, you will probably be able to notice it.

Between 1440p and 4k, on a phone you probably won't notice anything. On a laptop the difference might be noticeable but very small. It would probably be more noticeable on a monitor or TV.

It all depends on viewing distance and screen size. Just like how a camera can't see as fine detail farther away.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

26 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

VR headsets do not have DPI, they have PPI. And it's not like PPI is more important than total resolution. What ultimately matters is the angular resolution, which depends on more than just the PPI or the total resolution.

Resolution absolutely matters, and is no less important than pixel density. You can have situations where a low PPI but high total resolution looks better than a high PPI but modest total resolution.

For example, a 4K monitor will typically look a lot sharper than the panels in a VR headset, even though the latter has higher PPI.

(for comparison, an Oculus Rift has a PPI of 456, while a 27-inch 4K monitor has a PPI of 163; it would have to be less than a 10-inch monitor to match the Rift's PPI)

Sorry about this, I apologise if you feel this is an unwarranted correction, but DPI and PPI are equivalent. DPI = dots per inch, which comes from the printing industry's metric for resolution. PPI = pixels per inch. A pixel is assumed to be a dot, and a point is also a dot, so DPI is interchangeable.

As a quick example of this interchangeability, the Android operating system API uses "DPI" for all its pixel resolution definitions: https://developer.android.com/training/multiscreen/screendensities

Microsoft also use DPI: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/shellscalingapi/nf-shellscalingapi-getdpiformonitor

Apple calls their pixels "points", but they never talk about density so you shouldn't see official Apple material with "points per inch" written anywhere.

Actually, I'm not aware of any software SDK for any platform that uses "PPI", I have definitely see "pixels per inch" or PPI in online 3rd party material on the web, but as far as I'm aware all platform APIs use "DPI" (or nothing at all, in the case of Apple).

This is all semantics, so it doesn't actually matter, but it would be incorrect to say that "VR headsets do not have DPI, they have PPI" because PPI = DPI and everyone uses DPI.

I much prefer DPI as it is something the print industry has used for decades, so makes sense that displays are also measured in DPI - if we consider a single addressable pixel as a "dot" (which is reasonable, we've been doing that since colour television).