Workstation that looks half decent...

Go to solution Solved by Canada EH,
7 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Seems like a normal pre-build PC to me.

Although on the picture of the chassis it says "Z200" but in the description, it's a Z220. Could just be a spelling mistake.

I doubt it, there is something fishy about the seller.

nice catch, more fish. The sale is a bit smelly, still digestable maybe. With that many sales, I'd be interested to click on the items the seller sells to see if its primarily computer stuff or not. Well I did do check it out, its all pc stuff. How odd, so very odd. Stinky as fuck. The next step is to see what is the average title he types out for his products. That is more time intensive.

I looked at a few of the other items.

That seller is slick as fuck!

Be careful!

howvever he does not specify if it is a 6gb or 3gb gpu, the speed of the ram, etc

Hey everyone,

I recently stumbled upon a ebay posting.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Gaming-PC-Desktop-Computer-Intel-QUAD-3-20Ghz-NVIDIA-GTX-1060-SSD-16GB/253838645198?hash=item3b19f657ce

I looked this thing over and I am like. Well, that looks awesome! Great specs great price, what do I have to lose. This did look a bit sketch tho, maybe it is from a company, school, or even a retail store, but I just thought I would come to you guys before I did anything. It looks pretty interesting, but I don't want it to arrive with dorito chip crumbs and pepsi coating the pc. Naa, jk, but seriously, maybe these pc's were used for cryptomining and I could just be buying a computer that would die after a few months. Thanks for your thoughts and have a good one!

It does not list the cpu until deep deep down into the page, makes one wonder what they are hiding.

For the price, you could do better, but it does come with a 1060, so you maybe onto something.

Check out other prices with pc's that come with a 1060 and see how much that 1060 is worth.

Also a seller with

99.8%

That does not know how to list an item properly, makes one wonder. Notice how the seller made all caps QUAD, then mentions the 1060 ssd and 16gb. Makes one wonder.

QUAD 3.20Ghz • NVIDIA GTX 1060 • SSD • 16GB

Also this, also makes me wonder about the seller. Hitting all the key aspects except the one most important aspect of the item up for sale, not mentioned until the fine fine print, where you have to scroll down. Interesting selling game that seller is doing.

Gaming PC

Intel XEON E3-1230 QUAD Core 3.30Ghz (outperforms the core i7 3770)

https://ark.intel.com/products/52271/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E3-1230-8M-Cache-3-20-GHz-

Although on the picture of the chassis it says "Z200" but in the description, it's a Z220. Could just be a spelling mistake.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I mean, he seems to be a reputable buyer with almost 2000 reviews and only 3 are negative. Plus, there are reviews of the product you are looking at that are positive; however he does not specify if it is a 6gb or 3gb gpu, the speed of the ram, etc. Also, you could probably build a better pc for that price anywho

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

7 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

I doubt it, there is something fishy about the seller.

nice catch, more fish. The sale is a bit smelly, still digestable maybe. With that many sales, I'd be interested to click on the items the seller sells to see if its primarily computer stuff or not. Well I did do check it out, its all pc stuff. How odd, so very odd. Stinky as fuck. The next step is to see what is the average title he types out for his products. That is more time intensive.

I looked at a few of the other items.

That seller is slick as fuck!

Be careful!

howvever he does not specify if it is a 6gb or 3gb gpu, the speed of the ram, etc

22 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

It does not list the cpu until deep deep down into the page, makes one wonder what they are hiding.

That the average schlub looking for a "gaming rig" probably wouldn't know what a Xeon is, and would scroll on by.  By being vague in the title, they can get the click to see more.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

26 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

-snip-

ye but the most important part here is that is the CPU is a QUAD

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 11/17/2018 at 1:30 PM, aezakmi said:

ye but the most important part here is that is the CPU is a QUAD

Yeah, when I first saw that, I figured Core2 Quad, lol.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

• 1 month later...

Sorry to dig up and older thread but i found this researching for him. I sold him 5 Zotac GTX 1070s that were new(got a steal and flipped them)... he opened a return and sent me pictures of them covered in dust and with broken fans. eBay being eBay sided with the buyer and he sent me ripped up boxes with trashed 1070s. 10/10 would not recommend. He's a chit bag

Self Built PC: 

Other PC:

Thermaltake H18

NZXT H500 White

Asus  P8B75-M/CSM  MATX

Intel DX79SI Full ATX

Intel I7 3770k(Master Liquid 240)

Xeon E5 2670(H212)

Asus ROG STRIX GTX 1070

Dual Zotac 1070s

16GB Vengence DDR3

32gb Generic ECC DDR3