Sony's Dreamy Life Space UX Projector Beams a 4K Display from Up Close

Sony released a new 4K projector called 4K Ultra Short Throw Projector in CES, that will turn any wall into a 4K display. The best thing about this projector is you don't need to place the projector far away from the wall, over your head,  but just placed it in front of a wall.

It's a bit of the future and the Ultra Short Throw Projector is supposedly coming out this summer (for a future worthy price of $30,000 to $40,000). Sony says that installing the projector is as simple as setting it "right next to a wall". The idea is that it'll look more like a piece of furniture (like a TV console) than a piece of technology. Only a piece of furniture that uses future tech.

The projected video can be beamed with laser light source for a screen size anywhere from 66-inches to 147-inches big. The projector itself will be 43.3″ x 10.4″ x 21.1″ big and have 4 HDMI ports. The size is on the huger end of things but at least you won't need a TV stand.

ku-xlarge.png

ku-xlarge.jpg

*update:

Gizmodo UK has an hands on article about this projector...
ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

dman, you ninja'd me. ^^

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

all the rich people will buy this 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Looks pretty neat. Maybe an evolution of the short throw tvs that were a thing when big panels were crazy expensive

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Yeah, I'll just sell my house, my family and my dog to buy that.

Signatures are stupid.

I actually prefer that design to the typical projectors, it's hidden when not needed unlike some of the more bulky ones.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

I personally don't like projectors. They usually have a bad image when there are lights around.

This looks... interesting. 

But yet too expensive. Who is honestly going to buy a 4K projector for that price?

Ah, he updated it. and DAMN That's a lot of money for a projector, but it is pretty cool.

Ah, he updated it. and DAMN That's a lot of money for a projector, but it is pretty cool.

Yea, he did update it :D

My original post was asking how much it would be. Then I refreshed and he had already edited in the price!

If this were more affordable I'd be into it. Defenitely like the design over traditional projectors.

Better have a dark living room or everything will looked washed out.... Or you could you know, just buy a 4K TV. Just a thought.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

All projector tv's I've seen in stores looked really washed out and dull in comparison to a tv :/

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

Very impressive product. At that price though this is definitely more of a proof of concept type thing until they can get the cost down.

I need this in my life.... That is freaking cool!

Yeah, that will only be $5000 +

30,000-40,000$ actually

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

really cool idea. You need somewhere to project it that is ideally a white surface, the space, and a dark room. Unless they have come out with some ultra bright projector a dark room is still fairy necessary for this to work.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270