Best Radiator Static Pressure Fans?

2 hours ago, Neo-revo said:

are you in northamerica?

Yes.  I also read now these are not good for rads due to how they seal and are mounted.

So I went with the Noctua nf-f12’s.  Ordered 20 of them.  Bought a few extras just in case.  But have a 360 and 480 black ice gtr radiators and will be doing push/pull on both so needed minimum of 14.  The other 6 were for spares.  Now just need to order fittings and tubing and then the fun will begin. 

where you fitting all these into?  360x80mm thick and 480x80mmthick (with fans included

6 minutes ago, Neo-revo said:

where you fitting all these into?  360x80mm thick and 480x80mmthick (with fans included

A 900D :) .  Was trying to decide between the notuas I got or the led ek vardars.  Went with the noctuas and figured if I want to light it up I can do it with strips.

3 minutes ago, SiCkHiTrEg said:

A 900D :) 

Spoiler

IMG_20181102_193758061.thumb.jpg.ad46dc999be28d958a4291b7d301d21e.jpg

super monster.  ( technically  could fit the 420 and 480 in my case (even if i push pulled, but id rather the HDD cages until i can downsize to one huge disc or make a raid nas or something.   So i got a sick deal on a 915F stacker, and non-permanently modded the rads into it.

They have black noctua. The regular af12's are now made in it, along with the 2k and 3k versions. Which based on the stats are the best in that price range for consumer stuff.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, Neo-revo said:
  Hide contents

IMG_20181102_193758061.thumb.jpg.ad46dc999be28d958a4291b7d301d21e.jpg

super monster.  ( technically  could fit the 420 and 480 in my case (even if i push pulled, but id rather the HDD cages until i can downsize to one huge disc or make a raid nas or something.   So i got a sick deal on a 915F stacker, and non-permanently modded the rads into it.

Nice man.  Im looking forward to building this beast.

37 minutes ago, SiCkHiTrEg said:

building this beast. 

you just need an e-series cable replacement for that (i just ordered mine for the final cherry)

4 hours ago, Neo-revo said:

you just need an e-series cable replacement for that (i just ordered mine for the final cherry)

Reg ones are all black which kinda goes with the blue/black build.  But might happen in the near future.

4 hours ago, SiCkHiTrEg said:

Reg ones are all black which kinda goes with the blue/black build.  But might happen in the near future.

Yes the plain one's are decent.  I went with light blue But mostly for UV reactivity.   

As far as tubing goes.  Any input on that? 1/2” ID 3/4” OD is what I was going to go with.

If that’s the look you want and have somewhat tight bends, that would work fine. I use two different sizes normally. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

12 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

If that’s the look you want and have somewhat tight bends, that would work fine. I use two different sizes normally. 

What would you recommend?  I dont plan on to many bends.  Also I was going to go with bitspower fittings but their sizes seem weird.

16 minutes ago, SiCkHiTrEg said:

What would you recommend?  I dont plan on to many bends.  Also I was going to go with bitspower fittings but their sizes seem weird.

Well that depends on the fittings. If you are using compression fittings, you have to get the same size hose for the fittings. Their sizes are standard for softtube. Just like anyone else’s. 

I use 3/8-5/8. Can’t remember the larger size I used as I bought it on accident. 3/8-1/2 prollly. 

2 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Well that depends on the fittings. If you are using compression fittings, you have to get the same size hose for the fittings. Their sizes are standard for softtube. Just like anyone else’s. 

I use 3/8-5/8. Can’t remember the larger size I used as I bought it on accident. 3/8-1/2 prollly. 

I should have mentioned I plan on hard lining.  Petg most likely.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:48 PM, SiCkHiTrEg said:

I should have mentioned I plan on hard lining.  Petg most likely.

acrylic is clearer i believe also you can polish it to a nice shine to make it look like glass, same with block tops.

bits power fittings are metric no?

if you buy imperial tube its not likely to fit with out work.

i have 10/12mm Darkside's and 3/8*1/2" Primochill/Monsoons  the

the primochill i only use the correct size in

Monsoon are V2 and can fit a variety of sizes and have oring for each diameter tube

the bitspower acrylic i use comes in 10/12mm and fits the darkside fittings nicely 

other wise i would have to 'sand or heat and squish/some how make 1/2" into 12mm  (difference is .5mm)

also you dont need to worry about fluid/temps like you would with petg/thin petg

The Vardar fans are very good, but I am still a huge fan of the ML (maglift) fans.

These are the ML's

image.png.c45c77221945a1fec5817ac1018f7625.png

These are the Vardar F4-120's

image.png.4ef6b503c73c8549e9e1817d7253120b.png

So all in all the ML's had a little higher fan speed, a little higher DBA, but also a about 1mm H2O static pressure full out. So in the end I still think the ML are a much better fan, plus Vardar fans have had PWM issues in the past, that doesn't happen with the ML's.

8 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

So all in all the ML's had a little higher fan speed, a little higher DBA, but also a about 1mm H2O static pressure full out. So in the end I still think the ML are a much better fan, plus Vardar fans have had PWM issues in the past, that doesn't happen with the ML's.

Both fans are super loud. Akasa Apache are better choice if you want silent build - over 2.6mm H2O at less than 17 dbA.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

5 hours ago, Dschijn said:

yey paper specs... ?

Then let me say this. I have owned both sets of fans at one point or another and right now all of my rads have ML's on them. Also 37db isn't loud and is mostly inaudible inside the case. The ML fans are super smooth so they don't make some of the other noises you hear from bearing fans. From my experience the majority of the noise is just the whooshing of the air into the rad.

That being said there is no need to run these full out unless your temps are high anyways. You can run them at 70% and they are inaudible and you also maintain the majority of your static pressure and air flow.

• 1 year later...

I'm frustrated by the options without even a single LED, like the Noctuas.  Because sometimes a power cable gets loose and I'm unlikely to notice unless the fan stops being illuminated.

Looking at the system once in awhile would help that. Or actually monitoring temps.

Dont see why it matters if it goes out and you don’t know. What are you gonna do besides use the pc without it while you wait for a new one. Not like fans burn out on the daily. 

• 3 weeks later...

Off-topic:

Am I the only old-timer here who misses the days when GentleTyphoon fans were reasons people were drooling over the keyboards?

I got tired of spending a fortune on ML's I have started using the arctic p12 and p14. I can literally do a push pull setup for less than just a push setup with the MLs. The Arctic seem quieter than my MLs and move a very good amount of air (no temp difference I have seen) plus I can run push/pull for less and lower the rpm for an inaudible system.

I would give them a consideration if you want to get a lot of fans. I think I paid around 25-30 for 5 which is only slightly more than ONE ML.