Need TV and soundbar for smaller rooom

EG!

I've been toying around in the 3d room configurator of IKEA and this is what i got to.

ikearoom.png.a7dc3720492c4fac09f948e6b063e41c.png

Not everything is available so I used what was at hand.

The room is kinda small so don't want too large furniture so this is the tv cabinet (120cm wide) we're looking at with this as tv mount (max 55inch) since the couch isn't right in front so the tv can be turned to the couch.

Now I don't have the tv yet nor a soundbar (have a logitech z313 speakerset on my pc I never use)

I'm thinking about either going for an LG C7 (1275 euros) or a QLED but I want one with the easyconnect thing they've got going on or go for a way cheaper smaller tv that fits the tv cabinet since 55inch is wider than 120cm it's more like 140+.

And I want a cheap yet decent soundbar €100-200 but I know nothing about soundbars  so I want some suggestions.

TLDR

• Decent soundbar €100-200, suggestions?
  • Should I go 55" OLED or QLED or since the room is small a smaller TV, which one?
  • Do you trust the ikea wallmount?

Desktop

CPUi5-6600K MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 120M Black/white RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 1070 HDDs: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM  SSDSamsung EVO 850 500GB PSU: Coolermaster 550W 80+ Gold Case: NZXT S340 (White) with a white led strip ;)

Laptops

Dell 7577

CPUi7 7700HQ RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: GTX1060 Max-q HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM  SSDNVMe 512GB SCREEN: 4k IPS 15.6"

Macbook pro 2018

CPUi7 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Radeon Pro 555X 4GB Storage256GB SCREEN: 15"

5 hours ago, EG! said:

Do you trust the ikea wallmount?

The key to wall mounting is making sure you hit studs. As long as the mount is into the studs and the mount is rated for the size and weight of the TV, you should be fine. 

5 hours ago, EG! said:

Attempted to use my logitech speakers with my TV, it works, but volume control could only be done at the speakers. So if thats an issue then you want to get a sound bar. 

5 hours ago, EG! said:

Decent soundbar €100-200, suggestions?

I dont have suggestions. But I was told to get one with a subwolfer as they do sell 2.0 and 3.0 systems. I would go to a local store and listen to their selections. Then its all about looking for features you want. Blue Tooth, Optical in, wireless sub, etc. I know from working in retail a while back that to me the Samsungs, LG's and Vizio's all sounded about the same. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

You do not need to hit studs to install a tv on a mount. The drywall Molly’s they give you are plenty to carry the weight. I have my 75” Sony xbr850 mounted into those with no studs and it can hold a person with full weight. I also have my oled mounted into drywall mollys. Just mount it right and you won’t have issues. 

Just listen to some different soundbars and pick one you like the sound of honestly. 

I personally own the c7 65” oled. For a dark room it absolutely blows the qled away. It doesn’t look like that room has much light so the qled would pop quite a bit but might seem over saturated. 

6 hours ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

You do not need to hit studs to install a tv on a mount. The drywall Molly’s they give you are plenty to carry the weight. I have my 75” Sony xbr850 mounted into those with no studs and it can hold a person with full weight. I also have my oled mounted into drywall mollys. Just mount it right and you won’t have issues. 

Just listen to some different soundbars and pick one you like the sound of honestly. 

I personally own the c7 65” oled. For a dark room it absolutely blows the qled away. It doesn’t look like that room has much light so the qled would pop quite a bit but might seem over saturated. 

There is a roof window on the left so normally won't be too much light and it has some kind of curtain, (don't know if other countries have velux).

Won't the distance between the TV and the couch be too short for a 55"?

And doesn't it look foolish if the tv cabinet is less wide than the tv?

11 hours ago, Donut417 said:

The key to wall mounting is making sure you hit studs. As long as the mount is into the studs and the mount is rated for the size and weight of the TV, you should be fine. 

Attempted to use my logitech speakers with my TV, it works, but volume control could only be done at the speakers. So if thats an issue then you want to get a sound bar. 

I dont have suggestions. But I was told to get one with a subwolfer as they do sell 2.0 and 3.0 systems. I would go to a local store and listen to their selections. Then its all about looking for features you want. Blue Tooth, Optical in, wireless sub, etc. I know from working in retail a while back that to me the Samsungs, LG's and Vizio's all sounded about the same. 

Yes that would be annoying to not control sound with the tv remote, never heard of Vizio and didn't know LG made soundbars will have to go to a store and listen to the cheaper ones. So a 3.1 soundbar will be better than 2.1 I assume? :)

Desktop

CPUi5-6600K MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 120M Black/white RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 1070 HDDs: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM  SSDSamsung EVO 850 500GB PSU: Coolermaster 550W 80+ Gold Case: NZXT S340 (White) with a white led strip ;)

Laptops

Dell 7577

CPUi7 7700HQ RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: GTX1060 Max-q HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM  SSDNVMe 512GB SCREEN: 4k IPS 15.6"

Macbook pro 2018

CPUi7 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Radeon Pro 555X 4GB Storage256GB SCREEN: 15"