Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My i7 6850 idle temperature is too high about C

robinwar046
 Share

I need help guys . my cpu idle temperature getting so high like about 60-65c and when i'm trying to stress my cpu with cpuz its getting like 99c.
i already replaced the thermal paste and new psu.. and don't know what is behind this high temperature..


I'm using -
i7 6850k
Asus x99 mobo

2X Gtx1080

Corsair h80i Cooler

8gb 3200mhz ram

Corsair Rm1000X Psu

 

 

 

On Idle -

 

IMG-20181103-215022.jpg

 

On Load - 

IMG-20181103-214944.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Something to do with the cooler.

Maybe the pump is dead? Is the pump even plugged in? 

If you touch the tubes do you feel water moving around?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah.. cooler is working, I already test this cooler on my i7 6700k build and it's working fine.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooler clearly isn't working 'fine' if you're getting 99C on full loads, pump might be dead.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 5.0Ghz (5.1Ghz 4-core) |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 UD |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX @ 2666Mhz CL13 |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, robinwar046 said:

Yeah.. cooler is working, I already test this cooler on my i7 6700k build and it's working fine.. 

Are you completely sure? Did you mount it using the correct mounting hardware?

LGA 2011(6850k) and LGA 1151(6700k) have different standoffs, so you may have used the wrong standoffs for the 6850k.

image.png.4fc1ca0431ba456472a30aa1785321e1.png

 

The backplate maybe also different, so consult the manual:

I only see your reply if you @ me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

But I already tested h80i with my i7 6700k on loads.. and it's getting around 55°c in loads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, robinwar046 said:

But I already tested h80i with my i7 6700k on loads.. and it's getting around 55°c in loads.

Did you use the same screws on both cpus?

You need to use different standoffs on them, because they use different mounting hardware.

If you used the same screws, then the bad temps are justified.

6850k=LGA 2011

6700k=LGA 1156

Look at the pic:

image.png.f376aa3f7c639be16b2fb5c616e04b15.png

I only see your reply if you @ me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Are you completely sure? Did you mount it using the correct mounting hardware?

LGA 2011(6850k) and LGA 1151(6700k) have different standoffs, so you may have used the wrong standoffs for the 6850k.

image.png.4fc1ca0431ba456472a30aa1785321e1.png

Yep.. I used correct mounts on my x99mobo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

Did you use the same screws on both cpus?

You need to use different standoffs on them, because they use different mounting hardware.

If you used the same screws, then the bad temps are justified.

6850k=LGA 2011

6700k=LGA 1156

Look at the pic:

image.png.f376aa3f7c639be16b2fb5c616e04b15.png

Yep I have both. I tested i7 6700k on my msi z170 m5 mobo

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, robinwar046 said:

Yep.. I used correct mounts on my x99mobo

Ok.

So the cooler is fully working, you used the correct mounting hardware, the cpu is not overclocked, The voltage is normal, you used thermal paste, mounted with enough pressure?

Then the cooler is just bad. It is only a 120mm radiator after all. Maybe get a 240/280mm cooler instead.

1 minute ago, robinwar046 said:

Is their any issue from Motherboard or cpu?

Send me a full hwinfo screenshot, including the voltages and cpu wattage.

The motherboard may be giving too much power to the cpu, but more likely the 120mm cooler is just not enough to cool a LGA2011 high power cpu.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Ok.

So the cooler is fully working, you used the correct mounting hardware, the cpu is not overclocked, The voltage is normal, you used thermal paste, mounted with enough pressure?

Then the cooler is just bad. It is only a 120mm radiator after all. Maybe get a 240/280mm cooler instead.

Send me a full hwinfo screenshot, including the voltages and cpu wattage.

The motherboard may be giving too much power to the cpu, but more likely the 120mm cooler is just not enough to cool a LGA2011 high power cpu.

 

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, robinwar046 said:

 

 

 

Thanks for the effort, but the cpu voltage tab was still closed... :(

Can you send a screenshot of that too?

image.png.ef5cb525c8a61144dad300374c159361.png

I only see your reply if you @ me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Thanks for the effort, but the cpu voltage tab was still closed... :(

Can you send a screenshot of that too?

image.png.ef5cb525c8a61144dad300374c159361.png

Sorry my bad :(
 

Screenshot_8.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, robinwar046 said:

 

 

Are all the fans really at 100%?

Because the voltage is really good, so motherboard and cpu are not the problem.

So still the cooler is the culprit somehow.

1)The pump is fully working?(you feel the water flowing)

2)If you touch the radiator or the tubes, are they hot?

3)The fan is spinning full speed?

4)You have thermal paste on the cpu and used the correct mounting hardware?

5) You have push/pull on the cooler? (fans on both side of the radiator, like a sandwich)

If the answer to all 5 points is a definite yes, then the cooler is just too weak... :(

It is a much higher power cpu compared to a i7 6700k after all. 120mm radiators are not recommended for anything other than itx build, because they perform worse than an aircooler.

If you can, get a 240 or a 280mm cooler then, or a decent aircooler from noctua, or a dark rock pro 4.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) yes I can feel the waterflow

2)tubes are not hot

3)yes it is on his full speed

4)yes. I used cooler master thermal compound

5) Yes I did..

 

 

15412663249743662168757567944103.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

So are you sure the Motherboard and the CPU is OK?..  then it's time to get a 280mm cooler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, robinwar046 said:

So are you sure the Motherboard and the CPU is OK?..  then it's time to get a 280mm cooler.

Replace your cooler.....

H80 isn't able to take the heat...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LIENUS SEBASTIAN said:

Replace your cooler.....

H80 isn't able to take the heat...

Ok sensei .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×