bf4 mantle boost

wtfxmitchell

They actually showed it

Look at what they showed at CES 2013... Half of that just went to shit. Remember the "Xi3 Piston Steam Machine".

How many of these products from 2013 have you seen on the market in last 12 months.. http://www.engadget.com/tag/ces2013-highlight/?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

i love how everyone is hating on you being all sarcastic and acting insulted as if you are insulting amd or amd users, what you say is true, the guy with crossfire 290 or 280x won't benefit from mantle... it's the mid/lower end that will benefit from it, if you have a 60hz monitor you wont benefit from more than steady 60 fps .. it doesn't matter if you have 80 fps or 140(enjoy that lovely tearing as your monitor splits into 6 seperate images). the guy who sits below 60fps will benefit, sure there might be some benefit to the guy running 1440p or 120hz monitors, but it is the mid/low end that will benefit the most.

Actually, the reason why game Devs wanted Mantle has nothing to do with increasing performance.

But allowing more Draw Calls which means you can have more objects and physics without killing performance.

It would also allow for more complex AI.

Right now it's complete useless for Devs.

Mantle has the same problem as PhysX .

AMD should make it opensource so the game Dev can do with it what they want.

RTX2070OC 

i am a nvidia user and my English is kinda poor :P

the article has been update'd whit specs

AMD A10 Kaveri processor and AMD Radeon R9 290X Hawaii GPU

but the thing that interests me the most is the fact that there are 2 cpu delay spikes

i truly hope that amd mantle is going to be good because that wil give nvidia the reason to make better cards

i know that bf4's directx multithreading is kinda pore programmed that's why the spike's are there in the first place but what bothers me is that matle is made to make better use of multiple core's

so the spikes whit mantel are telling me that it is going to be less than what i expected it to be

just my brain wave on this subject

greetz ricardo

i am a nvidia user and my English is kinda poor :P

the article has been update'd whit specs

AMD A10 Kaveri processor and AMD Radeon R9 290X Hawaii GPU

but the thing that interests me the most is the fact that there are 2 cpu delay spikes

i truly hope that amd mantle is going to be good because that wil give nvidia the reason to make better cards

i know that bf4's directx multithreading is kinda pore programmed that's why the spike's are there in the first place but what bothers me is that matle is made to make better use of multiple core's

so the spikes whit mantel are telling me that it is going to be less than what i expected it to be

just my brain wave on this subject

greetz ricardo

welcome to the forum new friend  ^_^

I believe mantle will only be relevant in the short term. Seeing the results on just an apu and not on any dedicated cards just was not enough to convince me that it will be anything special.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfXI1pn5los

Really? Come on AMD. It looks like FPS only goes down to 60 but those huge freakin spikes in the video. What kind of jokers do they have working over at AMD anyways lol. Just so you know I am hoping Mantle is all that and a box of chocolates, but was this the best take. Damn dude. Just record some play without gigantic spikes.

This can't be Kaveri because Kaveri ain't hitting no 100 fps,

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Really? Come on AMD. It looks like FPS only goes down to 60 but those huge freakin spikes in the video. What kind of jokers do they have working over at AMD anyways lol. Just so you know I am hoping Mantle is all that and a box of chocolates, but was this the best take. Damn dude. Just record some play without gigantic spikes.

If this is Kaveri we shall all laugh together

Now-Comes-The-Part-Where-We-Throw-Our-He

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

i believe that they are just show casing it

im sure this isnt the final state or they will just shoot them selves in the foot

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Campaign benchmarks mean nothing to me. Multiplayer benchmarks are what I'm interested in.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Because BF4 is renowned for being a flawless game with zero issues. So it must be mantle...

I am all for a low level API. Check out my posts where I am GLAD we are getting one. I am laughing at the video. I know BF4 is bugged to hell, but come on man. Is this the video you would show? I mean out of all the gameplay they went with this clip? Did this presentation have to be done live on such a bugridden game? Or was this the take they chose? I am laughing at the clip not mantle. It looks like 60 fps was the low? We don't know the card. This could be VERY impressive. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I am all for a low level API. Check out my posts where I am GLAD we are getting one. I am laughing at the video. I know BF4 is bugged to hell, but come on man. Is this the video you would show? I mean out of all the gameplay they went with this clip? Did this presentation have to be done live on such a bugridden game? Or was this the take they chose? I am laughing at the clip not mantle. It looks like 60 fps was the low? We don't know the card. This could be VERY impressive. 

i think they had nothing else to show

so they just showed that

the game might have looked smoother except from the two lag spikes because the actual video source was kinda laggy

EDIT

i looked at a 1080P version

there is something odd

fraps says 100+ fps while the built in FPS info on bf4 shows 30 - 50FPS (top right)

http://youtu.be/Ms16uGxQzSY?t=31m4s

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I want to say fluke but idk.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

That wasn't so much a Mantle demo as it was a kaveri demo. 

Take into account 2 things.

1) BF4 is a mess right now so a full Mantle demo would not make sense since the game barely runs on directx for which it was designed from the start.

2) Once the Mantle patch hits BF4 don't take it as the end all be all of what Mantle can do. That will be just a small taste of what it can really do. We wont get a really optimized demo until probably the first game from the oxide engine comes since that one is being built from the very start on top of Mantle. And the end all be all demo will probably come from crytek once they add Mantle into their next cryengine.

Amd was right in the sense that the biggest gain won't be FPS gain but wider markets and making porting as painless as possible.

Amd may be looking a bit too much into the future whereas NVIDIA is focusing on 1-2 years from now at most but once everything falls into place Amd will literally take over a huge chunk of a lot of markets.  

At first I thought it was the video source (it was a live stream) was the issue and that the green number in the top right was the FPS, but if you look carefully you can see that it is the FPS (the text in age tells you the real FPS) dropping down and making the game lag.

Anyway I have absolutely 0 expectations for mantle. I won't even be disappointed if it performs worse than DirectX (which I doubt it will). What I am disappointed at though is that it's mid-January and we still have not seen a single DirectX vs Mantle benchmark, nor do we have anymore info about it than when it was first announced. I am also disappointed that they included that very inaccurate green FPS counter. Not sure if it did it on purpose to trick people watching (since it reports like 2-3 times as high FPS as the other FPS counter) or if they fucked up.

It's like AMD going "ohh we got this super awesome thing, but we won't tell you anything about it nor will we give you any new info for like 4 months". It's soon 4 months since it was announced....

At first I thought it was the video source (it was a live stream) was the issue and that the green number in the top right was the FPS, but if you look carefully you can see that it is the FPS (the text in age tells you the real FPS) dropping down and making the game lag.

Anyway I have absolutely 0 expectations for mantle. I won't even be disappointed if it performs worse than DirectX (which I doubt it will). What I am disappointed at though is that it's mid-January and we still have not seen a single DirectX vs Mantle benchmark, nor do we have anymore info about it than when it was first announced. I am also disappointed that they included that very inaccurate green FPS counter. Not sure if it did it on purpose to trick people watching (since it reports like 2-3 times as high FPS as the other FPS counter) or if they fucked up.

It's like AMD going "ohh we got this super awesome thing, but we won't tell you anything about it nor will we give you any new info for like 4 months". It's soon 4 months since it was announced....

Mantle isn't targeting you, it's mainly targeting folks with relatively modern AMD cards or folks looking for a new GPU/laptop.

So you shouldn't really worry about Mantle.

Also you are always negative about anything AMD related, makes it hard for me to take you seriously.

I'm just throwing this in here...

Mantle amongst other things...is for enlightening and optimizing the drivers CPUtime allocation compared to DX11 right?

So its reasonable to expect a product showing with low'er end CPU's, this is where Mantle would strive.

Higher end machines will not be getting the same percentage of improvements as lower end machines will.

Developer focus is another thing.. Striving for smooth 60fps minimums, or Heavily Detailed scenes, due to less overhead allowing more objects and whatnot.

I see it great for lesser powerful processor devices such as notebooks, midrange machines.

GPU's cripple on lower end CPU's, this would "mostly" be alleviated which is what I got from the video's of mantle.

All you guys with BEASTS, will not be as happy as the Padawan machines some other users have.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I think its stupid to be interpreting the framerate from this video. First, the video source is a stream, probably running at 30fps and dropping frames constantly, secondly the video has been re-encoded and uploaded to youtube. This is far from a fair interpretation. We will just need to wait until mantle support is integrated into the live game to see how it performs.

AMD should've pulled an Nvidia and only showcased recorded Mantle footage rather than demoing it live.

Those spikes are save points.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

That wasn't so much a Mantle demo as it was a kaveri demo. 

No? They demoed it while they were talking about Mantle. They didn't even specify which hardware they were running on. They were very clear it was a Mantle demo.

1) BF4 is a mess right now so a full Mantle demo would not make sense since the game barely runs on directx for which it was designed from the start.

The reasons BF4 is a mess are not related to the rendering engine. I didn't see any weird glitches in the demo either, so for the demo it ran perfectly (except the FPS drops).

2) Once the Mantle patch hits BF4 don't take it as the end all be all of what Mantle can do. That will be just a small taste of what it can really do. We wont get a really optimized demo until probably the first game from the oxide engine comes since that one is being built from the very start on top of Mantle. And the end all be all demo will probably come from crytek once they add Mantle into their next cryengine.

And when will that be? I am getting tired of fanboys defending AMD as soon as any remotely negative comes up.

A few weeks ago: "Mantle will be amazing! It's coming to Battlefield 4 really soon and it will gives you like double the performance!"

After this demo showing it being meh came out: "J-j-just you wait, Mantle is awesome. You just can't see how awesome it is in this demo. Just you wait like a year and then we will see how awesome Mantle is!"

Amd was right in the sense that the biggest gain won't be FPS gain but wider markets and making porting as painless as possible.

Oh really? Can you please tell me how easy it is to port? Dice has been working on it for maybe half a year and they are still not done, and it is taking longer than they expected. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it won't be easier. What I am trying to point out that you shouldn't make statements when you have absolutely no facts to back it up with. None at all.

Amd may be looking a bit too much into the future whereas NVIDIA is focusing on 1-2 years from now at most but once everything falls into place Amd will literally take over a huge chunk of a lot of markets.  

Oh cool. Can you please tell me next week's lottery numbers as well? I am not even sure if you could say Mantle is that future proof. They will have to change architecture soon or later, and it might not be possible to make it backwards compatible with Mantle. I wouldn't be surprised if Mantle support is dropped on hardware released 5+ years from now, or maybe we get a new version which is not backwards compatible with older cards.

No? They demoed it while they were talking about Mantle. They didn't even specify which hardware they were running on. They were very clear it was a Mantle demo.

The reasons BF4 is a mess are not related to the rendering engine. I didn't see any weird glitches in the demo either, so for the demo it ran perfectly (except the FPS drops).

And when will that be? I am getting tired of fanboys defending AMD as soon as any remotely negative comes up.

A few weeks ago: "Mantle will be amazing! It's coming to Battlefield 4 really soon and it will gives you like double the performance!"

After this demo showing it being meh came out: "J-j-just you wait, Mantle is awesome. You just can't see how awesome it is in this demo. Just you wait like a year and then we will see how awesome Mantle is!"

Oh really? Can you please tell me how easy it is to port? Dice has been working on it for maybe half a year and they are still not done, and it is taking longer than they expected. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that it won't be easier. What I am trying to point out that you shouldn't make statements when you have absolutely no facts to back it up with. None at all.

Oh cool. Can you please tell me next week's lottery numbers as well? I am not even sure if you could say Mantle is that future proof. They will have to change architecture soon or later, and it might not be possible to make it backwards compatible with Mantle. I wouldn't be surprised if Mantle support is dropped on hardware released 5+ years from now, or maybe we get a new version which is not backwards compatible with older cards.

I won't even bother with an explanation. You clearly take everything AMD related and bash it. On top of that you take what several AMD fanboys say as what all of us think which is not true. And FYI i have the technical and business knowledge to understand what AMD is trying to accomplish. If all you can believe is numbers on a screen than we have nothing to discuss.

Mantle isn't targeting you, it's mainly targeting folks with relatively modern AMD cards or folks looking for a new GPU/laptop.

Ehh... I have a 7850. Not sure about you but I think that's a relatively modern AMD card. I would be very glad if Mantle was awesome, because I would personally benefit from it. I won't make my mind up about it until we have several independent tests showing similar results though. Until then I judge it as just another random product from some company. It doesn't matter that I will benefit from it if it is successful, and it doesn't matter that it is from AMD. As soon as you start going "wow I will benefit from this a lot" you risk getting biased.

Also you are always negative about anything AMD related, makes it hard for me to take you seriously.

No I am not. For example I thought onboard H.264 encoding with Radeon Pro was awesome, I said that the 290 had amazing price:performance if you were OK with the power consumption and noise levels (and that aftermarket coolers might fix one of those issues). I think the problem here is that you take anything that is not praising AMD as hating on them. You on the other hand, always says positive things about AMD, tries to twist the facts to make them seem more favorable for AMD, and flat out lies (yes I think not telling the whole truth is the same as lying) to make AMD seem better. That makes it hard to take you seriously.

I think its stupid to be interpreting the framerate from this video. First, the video source is a stream, probably running at 30fps and dropping frames constantly, secondly the video has been re-encoded and uploaded to youtube.

Yeah I thought that too at first, but you can just barely make out the FPS counter in game and it really does drop down a lot.

Those spikes are save points.

That would explain it, since the big spike only happened once.

I won't even bother with an explanation. You clearly take everything AMD related and bash it.

You know, saying "you're just a hater" doesn't make any of my points invalid. I am not even bashing AMD in my post, I am bashing you for making statements with no facts to back them up with.

If all you can believe is numbers on a screen than we have nothing to discuss.

If you by "numbers on a screen" mean actual facts then yes, I only care about them.

-snip-

I've got to say I agree with you. AMD has been very sketchy about Mantle. We have absolutely no real numbers or comparisons. EVERYTHING is speculation.

This makes me think that AMD is keeping this to themselves because it's not nearly as great as they hyped it up to be. It seems to merely be a hype train to gain publicity.

From a practical standpoint, launching Mantle now makes no sense. AMDs next line of cards will most likely not be GCN (at least I hope not), which would make Mantle very short-lived. This especially makes no sense since AMD wants many future games to use their API.

I could be entirely wrong, and I hope I am, but so far Mantle isn't looking so great.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole