bf4 mantle boost

wtfxmitchell

AMD showed in ces that bf4 will get an 45% boost with the mantle api, W00T!!!

http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/38464/ces-amd-qbattlefield-4-met-mantle-tot-45-snellerq-update

(Dutch)

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Cant believe a word any company says on CES. They make promises and dont deliver. I would take this with the same weight that  you would if i were to say "Intel is making a gpu to destroy the titan: It means nothing,  

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Cant believe a word any company says on CES. They make promises and dont deliver. I would take this with the same weight that you would if i were to say "Intel is making a gpu to destroy the titan: It means nothing,

They actually showed it

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

They actually showed it

Ok, and? Lots of companies show lots of things, they could have changed things around and made changes that we cant make. Dont believe a thing until you see it live and in person.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Ok, and? Lots of companies show lots of things, they could have changed things around and made changes that we cant make. Dont believe a thing until you see it live and in person.

You must be fun at party's...

Party's who?

Praise Duarte!

Why? Im just saying done get your hopes up and  dont go out and buy a $400 gpu because some company SAYS it is good. Wait to see. Be excited all you want i want mantle to be great but i dont think it will be, i dont see how it can be. 

They said APU performance is especially affected by Mantle.

Hopefully I can grab a 270x or a 280x for lowered price soon though. Stupid miners

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

They actually showed it

that was with an apu. I don't think you will get near that performance increase on a 7950 because that would be insane as the 7950 is already very powerful

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Although some may say this performance increase is irrelevant but more performance means your GPU works less if you enable V-Sync and lower temps means a longer lasting GPU.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Mantle is for poor ppl

Nough said

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

If mantle is all that how come it isn't out yet. Shots fired.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Mantle is for poor ppl

Nough said

Go home, no one likes you

Don't feed the trolls.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Because BF4 was the premiere game for it,which would have been huge for AMD,I mean a triple A title with their technology,but EA forced DICE to release BF4 at the same time as COD:GHOSTS,leaving tons of bugs in BF4.

Now DICE is trying to fix their game before adding a feature that a small niche of people will actually use.

That said,I think up to 45% requires the small print to read

Provided you are using an APU,

because with Mantle allowing more draw calls and HSA which allows the onboard gpu and cpu to work together on the same tasks I could easily see the apu becoming much more efficient in gaming and gaining up to 45% extra performance.

However with something like an i7 4770K (or FX 8350) and an R9 290X I can only realistically see mantle giving a peak performance boost of up to 20%,with most likely the typical performance increase ranging between 5-15%.

Either way though if it's as much easier to program around than DX11 as they claim and has more overhead as an API in general allowing the bottleneck to fallback on the graphics card and processor once again, then we can finally start seeing huge leaps of innovation in the gaming industry.

Again just my thoughts,don't crucify me for them.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Because BF4 was the premiere game for it,which would have been huge for AMD,I mean a triple A title with their technology,but EA forced DICE to release BF4 at the same time as COD:GHOSTS,leaving tons of bugs in BF4.

Now DICE is trying to fix their game before adding a feature that a small niche of people will actually use.

That said,I think up to 45% requires the small print to read

Provided you are using an APU,

because with Mantle allowing more draw calls and HSA which allows the onboard gpu and cpu to work together on the same tasks I could easily see the apu becoming much more efficient in gaming and gaining up to 45% extra performance.

However with something like an i7 4770K (or FX 8350) and an R9 290X I can only realistically see mantle giving a peak performance boost of up to 20%,with most likely the typical performance increase ranging between 5-15%.

Either way though if it's as much easier to program around than DX11 as they claim and has more overhead as an API in general allowing the bottleneck to fallback on the graphics card and processor once again, then we can finally start seeing huge leaps of innovation in the gaming industry.

Again just my thoughts,don't crucify me for them.

kill him !!!  :lol:

jk lol, anyway as far as i know, Mantle work with any CPU ( + AMD  B) )

I agree 45% with an apu but still 20% increase with dedicated graphics is still huge

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Because its up to the developers to release it and since DICE were the first ones to bring it out but had it delayed because BF4 was buggy as hell so yeah. Thats why it isn't "out" yet. AMD does actually have it released to developers but developers are learning how to use it. Just like developers had to learn how DirectX worked etc.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

It is, we are just waiting on DICE to get their act together.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Yeah, and a ton loads of developers will use mantel since it's AMD only... yeaaaah... 

Yeah, and a ton loads of developers will use mantel since it's AMD only... yeaaaah... 

They have 3 of 5 of the biggest engines and 6 of the biggest game studios on board. But yeah, that's pretty much nobody.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

They have 3 of 5 of the biggest engines and 6 of the biggest game studios on board. But yeah, that's pretty much nobody.

Yet no evidence of how good Mantle is. By evidence, I mean tests from unbiased reviewers/testers/users. Until there are tests, whose signed on means jack honestly. What happens, for instance, if it falls on its tail? In the same breath, if it gives these mythical huge boosts, it'll be great.