Nintendo builds a new headquarters.

GoodBytes

Nintendo is d0000med... apparently they have plenty of money. They are building a new headquarter. It will house their home console and handheld engineer departments together. This new building will replace the old building. It has a capacity of 1,500 people.

Nuevo-Edificio-Nintendo-81.jpg

It will cost 16.5 billion yen, which is about $204 million USD.

Construction actually started in 2012, and is development is continuing strong. Nintendo expect to be finished in 2015.

This is the first time the handheld engineers and home console engineers will be under the same department. This could indicate future plans for Nintendo next console ~5 years from now. It could also mean increase communication and better exchange of knowledge leading to a better more efficient OS design for the console. And of course, it could allow, one day, integration with the 3DS with the WiiU.

Nuevo-Edificio-Nintendo-71.jpg

Nuevo-Edificio-Nintendo-21.jpg

Source: http://wiiudaily.com/2014/01/nintendo-new-headquarters-construction/

Source: http://blogtendo.com/nuevo-edificio-nintendo/

Lol, this still won't make me wanna buy a Wii U..

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

People are always surprised when they find out just how much money Nintendo has on hand to do stuff like this. With the amount of money they make from the 3DS and Pokemon every year the WiiU's problems really don't hurt them that much.

I'm not an expert but I think they should focus on the Wii U not selling that well.

What of course doesn't mean that they shouldn't build a new headquarters, it's just that... oh well I lost my point in here.

Signatures are stupid.

Personally I'm considering picking up a Wii U more and more every day and if they bring out a game similar to Pokemon Stadium/Pokemon Colosseum/Pokemon xD: Gale of Darkness/Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii U along with a new Mario Kart and give it backwards compatibility with Wii games somehow (maybe an application in the Nintendo e-Store) and I will more than likely pick one up, I still have my original Wii sitting on my desk although unused I have poured a lot of money into that thing over time (I've pirated practically all the games I've wanted and then gone out and bought them later).

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Personally I'm considering picking up a Wii U more and more every day and if they bring out a game similar to Pokemon Stadium/Pokemon Colosseum/Pokemon xD: Gale of Darkness/Pokemon Battle Revolution for the Wii U along with a new Mario Kart and give it backwards compatibility with Wii games somehow (maybe an application in the Nintendo e-Store) and I will more than likely pick one up, I still have my original Wii sitting on my desk although unused I have poured a lot of money into that thing over time (I've pirated practically all the games I've wanted and then gone out and bought them later).

It has been backwards compatible since day one.

I'm not an expert but I think they should focus on the Wii U not selling that well.

Just you wait until the new Mario Kart and Smash Bros. games come out. I can almost guarantee you that there will be a surge of WiiU sales.

COMIC SANS

It has been backwards compatible since day one.

This I didn't know :P , well waiting on that new Mario Kart and Pokemon Stadium-esque game and I'll be picking one up.

Just you wait until the new Mario Kart and Smash Bros. games come out. I can almost guarantee you that there will be a surge of WiiU sales.

^This

Although tbh I think I'll end up buying it on both 3DS and WiiU, hopefully they'll have some kind of bonus features :3 really loving my 3DS though.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Why do they need a new HQ. What was wrong with the old one and can they even afford it. How about using all that money to make games for the Wii-U.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The thing about people making points about the Wii U not having enough games is that they forget what their other consoles have had during that first year. The Wii for example had Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wii Sports as the big first party titles and nothing that great in terms of third party. Nothing third party that sold fantastically that I'd want to remember anyways. A great lineup right? However during that same period the Wii U got Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, The Wind Waker HD, New SMB U + Luigis, Nintendo Land as well as maybe half of the big third party titles. That's a poor showing?

The real reason for their failure to reach the heights of the Wii was the fact that Nintendo Land is no Wii Sports. I think they were expecting it to be and if you have it you can see why. It's just much, much harder to explain the appeal.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I'm in pretty much the same boat, the WiiU offers something different than my PC can offer, is affordable and with the upcoming Super Smash and stuff, I'm probably going to own one soon. ( Also I just love the Nintendo first party stuff )

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Why do they need a new HQ. What was wrong with the old one and can they even afford it. How about using all that money to make games for the Wii-U.

i think along side this they are doing a mayor restructure that at the long run will be cheaper for them that keeping 2 buildings for its devices  

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Nintendo literally has billions in the bank just sitting there. Unlike Sony and MS Nintendo doesn't operate at a loss and they refuse to take a loss on systems. Nintendo also operates with very little to no debt so they're not paying huge sums of money to creditors. The WiiU and all of it's games could stop selling right now and Nintendo would not be hurt by it. Nintendo can survive on only Pokemon and 3DS sales at this point.

Exactly. Sony needed to sales its own buildings and decisions to stay afloat.

Also, it takes YEARS to make a game... 3 to 5 years depending on the extend of the game, and if they are targeting a AAA title or not.

Nintendo is working on games. Their studio is big, and they have second party studios and close partners (Retro Studios, Platnium games, Monolith Soft, HAL Laboratories, Creatures, 1-Up Studio and more)

Pffft the wii u has terrible games out I mean how does pikmin, Mario, Mario 3d, wind waker hd. Sony has killzone and cod and bf4?

Lol the only decent one is bf4

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

GOD DAMN IT NINTENDO. MAKE A POKEMON MMO LIKE WOW BUT WITH CRYSIS GRAPHICS!

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crysis like graphics cost a lot of money. Money that could be spent on other games, or making the game better.

Crysis games never been actually good games. They are amazing to watch and have some fun, but the story and the ability to stay interesting throughout the game is not it's strong point.

Nintendo do provide for most of it's tracks in it's AAA title game real orchestral music, whoever, something that is fairly unique to Nintendo (as a game studio). And I don't mean computer generated orchestral, I mean real one (yes, it's cheaper than fancier graphics). Also the console isn't capable to render such graphics at such fidelity (assuming you want Crysis played at high settings and not minimum, all by keeping 60fps at 1080p).

So your wish won't come true. Beside such look isn't part of Pokemon look. You've got Monster Hunter for that. :)

They would've had more success with the wiiu if they called it wii2 for a start ..