My first higher end build few questions and thoughts

So my first real higher end build. I’ve really only done parts and pieces before never from the ground up. I’m gunna list what I have so far and then what questions I have left. Which really is t many but I’m a newb so here it is.

Asus rampage 11 z390

Intel i9 9900k when they ship it I preordered

32gb Corsair pro rgb 3200

1tb 970 m.2 ssd and a 2tb 860 evo 

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000 watt platinum

Msi trio 2080ti 

windows 

so the thing I’m not sure about is are Aio reliable and trustworthy or do I do a kit custom loop otherwise I have most of the stuff I need except a monitor because I’m having a hard time deciding but I will figure that out eventually.

any thoughts on Aio coolers or kit loops or even an air cooler. 

Thanks

Best looking/ performing AIO would have to be either the NZXT Kraken X62 or the Corsair H115i. I have the H80i on my 140W tdp i7 6850K and it maxes out in the low 60's

Main Desktop  Mac Mini M1 8c | Samsung Odessey G8 OLED

Laptop MacBook Pro 14 inch | M3 Pro 11c | 18GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Phone iPhone 15 Pro Max

Camera Canon EOS R | EF-S 10-18mm | Helios 44-2 58mm | EF 35mm

2 minutes ago, Wisconsin gamer said:

So my first real higher end build. I’ve really only done parts and pieces before never from the ground up. I’m gunna list what I have so far and then what questions I have left. Which really is t many but I’m a newb so here it is.

Asus rampage 11 z390

Intel i9 9900k when they ship it I preordered

32gb Corsair pro rgb 3200

1tb 970 m.2 ssd and a 2tb 860 evo 

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000 watt platinum

Msi trio 2080ti 

windows 

so the thing I’m not sure about is are Aio reliable and trustworthy or do I do a kit custom loop otherwise I have most of the stuff I need except a monitor because I’m having a hard time deciding but I will figure that out eventually.

any thoughts on Aio coolers or kit loops or even an air cooler. 

Thanks

if you dont want to take any risks, get a h100i (v2) or h150i from corsair. if you want to go with custom loop, get something from bitspower or ek.

Just now, GrumpyNoodles said:

Best looking/ performing AIO would have to be either the NZXT Kraken X62 or the Corsair H115i. I have the H80i on my 140W tdp i7 6850K and it maxes out in the low 60's

What’s your take on Aio leaking or issues with them. Like if one fails will Corsair cover your loss or NZXT or is it use at your own risk kind of deal. 

1 minute ago, Wisconsin gamer said:

What’s your take on Aio leaking or issues with them. Like if one fails will Corsair cover your loss or NZXT or is it use at your own risk kind of deal. 

if you're worried about this kind of things, get a beefy air cooler. it keeps out a failure point

Just now, Wisconsin gamer said:

I haven't had any leaks and tbh I've been quite rough with it moving it between 3 computers. Also correction it's the H80i V2. I am not familiar with the policies of coolers.

Main Desktop  Mac Mini M1 8c | Samsung Odessey G8 OLED

Laptop MacBook Pro 14 inch | M3 Pro 11c | 18GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Phone iPhone 15 Pro Max

Camera Canon EOS R | EF-S 10-18mm | Helios 44-2 58mm | EF 35mm

The psu is enough to power two systems with the OP specs. I'd suggest something a little more realistic, something around 750W - 850W.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

2 minutes ago, brob said:

The psu is enough to power two systems with the OP specs. I'd suggest something a little more realistic, something around 750W - 850W.

I was thinking if I start overclocking more or add a loop I’d need more power. Am I wrong.

3 minutes ago, Wisconsin gamer said:

I was thinking if I start overclocking more or add a loop I’d need more power. Am I wrong.

You are not wrong about needing more capacity, just a little overboard on how much. The OP build has a maximum draw of ~480W. To reach that number the system would have to be fully loaded, i.e. cpu & gpu running at 100%. Not a likely situation. So there is already some headroom built into the manufacturers' specs. Unless you intend to remove power limits and get every last Hz possible out of the cpu and gpu, 850W is going to be more than enough.

I guess it depends on how much you're gonna be overclocking, but like Luke S. said, if you're worried you'll be fine with a beefry noctua air cooler. If you have the money, the be quiet silent loop is a good AIO, but a pretty steep price compared to the corsair and nzxt AIO's.

Also, like brob said, you can probably spend a little less on a little bit lower of power power supply. Another thing, if you're willing to try, there are copies of windows 10 pro in a flash drive that come with the windows license. Those are on eBay, and actually look safe based on the reviews and seller.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Get a Corsair PSU.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

2 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

Get a Corsair PSU.

Why?

5 minutes ago, brob said:

Why?

Because they smexy

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

2 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

Because they smexy

I did so much reasearch on psu I know Corsair and evga and Seasonic are pretty much the bes t but I feel like evga has slightly lower failure rates. Most boutique builders use them as well even pusher systems and they do study’s in least likely to fail psu etc of course anything can happen but hopefully not. 

1 hour ago, Wisconsin gamer said:

I did so much reasearch on psu I know Corsair and evga and Seasonic are pretty much the bes t but I feel like evga has slightly lower failure rates. Most boutique builders use them as well even pusher systems and they do study’s in least likely to fail psu etc of course anything can happen but hopefully not. 

I like Corsair because pretty much any choice will be fine. EVGA has some bad low end ones but I know that doesn't mean that all of their products are bad. I just prefer Corsair.

But the one you have now is definitely overkill.

1 hour ago, Wisconsin gamer said:

I was gonna say anything lower then the Supernova G2 80+ Gold series isn't worth buying from EVGA. But above that they are the best in the market. And since you are going with a 1000 watt platinum rated PSU from them you are pretty well off. I'd stick with a trusted brand with good RMA support something Corsair is know to be shit at. Even though they have long warranties for some products. 

Best stick with what what works. Especially for such an expensive system.

You expect me to reply then you'd best QUOTE me so I can........thanks

Simple PC Parts list to reference for other Users:

Case: Meshify C

CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Pro4

Ram: 2 x 8gb (Corsair RGB Pro)

GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb - Clocks: Core @1386mhz, memory @2000mhz

Storage:

Boot drive - 120gb NVME Corsair MP500

Main Storage drive - 500gb 860 EVO

Archival/Backup drive - 2TB Black WD

Mouse: Logi M570 for work, and a G502 for gaming

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650 80+ Gold

OS: And of course Win 10 Pro, because Linux ain't fully baked yet.

Monitors: (27in monitors)

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

Evga does not actual build a single psu, they contract with companies like Seasonic and Superflower for the manufacturing and design. 

Corsair doesn't manufacture PSU's either (Or anything, for that matter.), they contract with companies like Seasonic Flextronics & CWT.

And this goes for most electronics companies regardless of market segment, there's very few companies involved in the actual manufacturing VS branding.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

9 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

I like Corsair because pretty much any choice will be fine. EVGA has some bad low end ones but I know that doesn't mean that all of their products are bad. I just prefer Corsair.

But the one you have now is definitely overkill.

That is not true at all. Corsair VS anyone ? Never ever go off the Brand name, especially for power supplies.

7 hours ago, lee32uk said:

go off the Brand name

Is Corsair an off brand????? No.

I don't go below CX.

8 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

I don't go below CX.

Corsair does not make any psu. It has sold less than good psu in the past and still has a couple of lines I would never suggest. The point @lee32uk is making is that one should never judge the quality of a psu based only on its brand name.

13 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

I don't go below CX.

You are not listening. The Brand has nothing to do with it. You don't buy a psu by the Brand name. And as already mentioned, Corsair do not make any of their power supplies. A lot of their products are made by oem's.

41 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

You don't buy a psu by the Brand name

Sorry, you worded it poorly.

I do. Because Corsair has good products that I like. This is my choice and there's nothing wrong with it because they do make good products. I prefer the TX and RM models because they are good. It doesn't matter if they have OEMs make their stuff, they have good products because of their quality control and planning.

11 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

Sorry, you worded it poorly.

I do. Because Corsair has good products that I like. This is my choice and there's nothing wrong with it because they do make good products. I prefer the TX and RM models because they are good. It doesn't matter if they have OEMs make their stuff, they have good products because of their quality control and planning.

I didn't word anything poorly. You never buy a psu just by going with a brand name. Every Brand has good/bad units.

Also as far as quality control goes well that isn't down to Corsair. The oem such as CWT or Great Wall etc handle that as they are the ones manufacturing it. Corsair might make a few changes if they are using an existing platform (You would have to ask someone like @jonnyGURU on that) but they don't make the actual unit/s.

6 hours ago, lee32uk said:

I didn't word anything poorly. You never buy a psu just by going with a brand name. Every Brand has good/bad units.

Also as far as quality control goes well that isn't down to Corsair. The oem such as CWT or Great Wall etc handle that as they are the ones manufacturing it. Corsair might make a few changes if they are using an existing platform (You would have to ask someone like @jonnyGURU on that) but they don't make the actual unit/s.

Actually, Corsair does a lot of the design in-house (i.e. the HX and HXi PSUs, the SF Series, the TX-M, the AXi, etc.), and some leveraging (the CX-M, the AX, for example), but Corsair doesn't actually own a PSU factory.