40+ Hour Games

Paul Rudd

Minecraft 350 hours, Counter Strike Global Offensive (CS:GO) 70hours, The binding of isaac 92hours, Payday 120hours Rocket league 49 hours, Terraria 74hours

3 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

Skylent told me to get into this game. What's so great about it?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why'd you quit? I've tried many times to keep playing a game like this and this one looks to have a lot of attention to detail.

Bots, bad netcode and latency. Pretty buggy as well. I can ignore bots and bugs but the latency really killed my interest for this game.

So THAT is what Kingdom Come is. I remember seeing a lot of hype before this came out and completely forgot the game existed. Now that I just watched a few minutes of gameplay, it looks like you can get addicted to a game like this as long as the learning curve isn't too steep. 

If you like a proper RPG(almost imo), this is the game to try though i think many wont like it because of the combat system.

I've kept this game installed on my Xbox One HDD for the longest time which is very surprising considering I never play it and I always have to uninstall games to install new ones pretty much twice a month. Something about it just keeps me from uninstalling it. I probably have about an hour of game play in it because it's tough for me to understand the genre and how to go about completing things. It's like I'm doing things in the wrong order or something. Did this game do that to you in the beginning? And how do you go about doing things from like an hour in?

Same here, i tried this game on late 2013, i can't get pass Act 1 boss and i stopped playing it. I have no idea what this game is about and i've never play Diablo 2 which this game is based on. 
I came back again over a year later and this time i follow many build guides on the internet and slowly learn the game mechanics. 

There is 10 acts or story chapters and that's basically the intro of the game imo. 

When you were in your first few hours, did you expect to get to almost 2000 hours? How did you get so many hours in this game? I can barely put in an hour into it then I lose interest.

Yeah pretty much since I have similar hours in Dota 1. You need to learn the game mechanics, heroes mechanics + abilities and team work/role to really enjoy the game. Find a heroes that you think you might like or good at and focus to learn it first That alone probably will take 50-100 hours or more. Best if you have friends to play with since random stranger is pretty toxic towards newbie.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 hours ago, DOGEY said:

The binding of isaac 92hours

Wow, thank you very much for your reply on this topic. I have overlooked this game for the longest time and it caught my eye on your list because I own all the others(great games btw). I just watched a few minutes of game play and it looks like it has an influence from Zelda on NES in it. I'm a huge fan of the NES so I know I will like this game. It looks like it's lowest price has been $0.49 so I bet it will hit that or $1.00 sometime in the near future somewhere. I might be able to snag it sooner than later if I keep my eye open for it. I hate that I've overlooked it for so long, it looks excellent.

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure what this means, looks like I don't know? That can't be right if you're put in 1000 into Guild Wars 2.

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

i think many wont like it because of the combat system.

You might be right on this. Although from the glimpse I saw from it, it did have one aspect I MIGHT like about it and that was that the enemy looked to be right in your face. I've never seen that done before the way they do it.

GTA IV + LCPDFR Mod

GTA V + LSPDFR Modding

Fallout 3 + NV

Fallout 4

Arma 3 (not playing the campaign but other custom scenarios)

Warriors orochi 3 ultimate (gauntlet mode is mostly what i spend my time on)

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Speaking of Guild Wars 2

14 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

Skylent told me to get into this game. What's so great about it?

As far as a MMORPGs goes, it gets very few things wrong. It plays well (essentially a hybrid between tab targeting and action combat), always has a lot going on whether you participate or not (no need to find 50 friends to queue something: In Guild Wars 2, 50 friends find you, usually when you're just picking a flower in a random field), which leads nicely to the best part: community is healthy. The world is huge. There's no "eh I need to grind these six identical missions daily for three months to get that last set piece I really need". Levelling up crafting can seem like that, but it also gives you the ability to craft valuable items to sell, so the reward is proportional to effort, and is optional to begin with. 

It has tricky instancing, lacking chat features, small mail box, pricey account upgrades (things like character slots, but sales do happen) and there's no 15 minutes of instructions preceding everything. Altering the appearance of your character gets costly fast, and the initial character creator offers only limited options. I'm roughly 350 hours in and aside from purchasing the game itself and its expansions (which also go on sale every now and then) I haven't spent a dime. The base game by the way is free to play, so why not give it a try? (Turn on Action Camera Mode if you do.)

Here's my list on Steam:

CS:GO 1,841 Hours

CSS 1,481 Hours

Rocket League 918 Hours

PUBG 359 Hours

The Binding of Isaac 154 Hours

Skyrim 140 Hours

Galcon Fusion 110 Hours

Terraria 76 Hours

CoD Ghosts 65 Hours

Dragon Age Origins 65 Hours

Warhammer 40k SoulStorm 61 Hours

APB Reloaded 52 Hours

Civ 5 49 Hours

Garry's Mod 41 Hours

CoD Bo3 41 Hours

Not on steam:

WoW (Oh so much time)

Starcraft 2

Hearthstone

Halo1/2/3/Reach/4

CoD 4/MW2/Bo3 (Played on console)

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

@A Random Dude Get the remastered version of the binding of isaac it has more things in it (if you would pay 15 euro or USD) + you don't have checkpoints so be prepared to die many times...

On 10/22/2018 at 9:45 PM, A Random Dude said:

Do you have 40+ hours in all the games you mentioned?

I'd be damn surprised if I didn't, but I cannot prove that as the only one there Path Of Exile is tracked through Steam, the rest I don't have exact numbers for (for reference Path Of Exile is at 247 hours).

On 10/22/2018 at 9:45 PM, A Random Dude said:

And did you by chance leave any out?

Most definitely, forgot CS 1.6 and probably several others that I just can't remember.

9 hours ago, Rupe said:

CS:GO 1,841 Hours

CSS 1,481 Hours

HOLY...

9 hours ago, Rupe said:

Rocket League 918 Hours

GOOD...

9 hours ago, Rupe said:

The Binding of Isaac 154 Hours

This game must be surprisingly amazing.

9 hours ago, Rupe said:

Galcon Fusion

This looks identical to a free Android/iOS mobile game I have been playing for many years called Auralux. They have a Steam version for $9.99 but the mobile game looks much better. Plus it's free. I've seriously put a good 1000 hours into it because it's the perfect time waster when you're waiting somewhere. It's also sad how many hours I've put into it because you only get 8-9 levels for free. I've overly mastered each one and have probably completed each level at least 100 times. I still play it daily and it's the only mobile game I play nowadays. You should really check it out. I can't find Galcon Fusion on Steam, only Galcon Fusion 2. Is it any good? It's free.

9 hours ago, Rupe said:

CoD Ghosts 65 Hours

Thumbs way up! Playing Ghosts against bots is easily in my top 3 favorite COD games. Online is so dead, it's your best bet right now. Extinction is a LOT better than zombies.

9 hours ago, Rupe said:

CoD Bo3 41 Hours

Can you play against bots in BO3?

7 hours ago, DOGEY said:

Get the remastered version of the game it has more things in it (if you would pay 15 euro or USD) + you don't have checkpoints so be prepared to die many times...

Which game? The Binding of Isaac? It looks like there's a Rebirth and Afterbirth version. I'm guessing Rebirth is the Remastered version.

Oh boy. I'll list some of the ones I played in the past 2-3 years, and I assume you mean singleplayer campaigns.

Pillars of Eternity

Witcher 3

Tyranny (did 3 playthroughs though)

Tower of Time

Pathfinder Kingmaker (game is weak, however)

Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3

Far Cry 3, 4, 5, Primal (they generally take 30-40+ hours)

Skyrim

Mad Max

Nioh

Stellaris

EDIT: As for multiplayer:

Overwatch

Quake Champions

Heroes of the Storm

WoW

StarCraft 1 & 2

Warface

Dark Souls 3 arena/invasions

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

I dont have access to my steam library at work, but off the top of my head

FSX

Fallout 4

FarCry 3

FarCry 4

FarCry 5

Stellaris

Kerbal Space Program

Farming Simulator 15

Farming Simulator 17

Ghost Recon Wildlands

Rust

Galactic Civs III

Sins of a Solar Empire

There may be a couple more but those come to mind.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

16 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

The Binding of Isaac? It looks like there's a Rebirth and Afterbirth version. I'm guessing Rebirth is the Remastered version.

Yes, you are right we are talking about The Binding of Isaac. Rebirth is the remastered version. The afterbirth is a harder version of the remaster.

On 10/21/2018 at 9:21 PM, A Random Dude said:

Which games have provided you with 40+ hours of game play? Any genre, any year.

Shadow of Mordor

The Division

GTA 5

Craft The World

Skyrim

Call of Duty Ghosts

Battlefield 1

Battlefield 4

7 Days To Die

Minecraft

These have provided me with 40+ hours, what are yours? I want to enjoy what you have enjoyed.

KOTOR I and KOTOR II

Dragon Age

Mass Effect series

According to Steam...

Stardew Valley - 420 hours
PUBG - 383 hours

Payday 2 - 352 hours

Civilization V - 296 hours
GTA V - 218 hours
ETS2 - 196 hours
ATS - 156 hours

Skyrim - 97 hours

FFX/X2 Remaster - 97 hours
F1 2013 - 90 hours
Borderlands 2 - 85 hours

Fishing Planet - 83 hours (how?)
Dark Souls - 78 hours
Space engineers - 77 hours (all from the early access/beta I think. Game has changed so much I wouldn't even know what to do)
Borderlands - 67 hours
FTL: Faster Than Light - 64 hours
Mount & Blade - 62 hours (Plus 100+ more off steam and in the other versions)
Grid 2 - 59 hours
Project cars 2 - 57 hours
Just cause 3 - 48 hours

They Are Billions - 47 hours
Portal 2 - 45 hours
The Forest - 43 hours
F1 2012 - 41 hours
Sleeping Dogs - 41 hours

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

17 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Just cause 3 - 48 hours

Can you recall which hour basically let you know that you were gonna reach 40-50 hours in this game? I'm an hour or so in and nothing has seemed to hook me yet. Nice list by the way. You sure do get hooked to some games. Borderlands hooked me big time, loved the DLC in that game. It's what your guns actually do to enemies that kept me playing. So satisfying to watch enemies melt from acid ammo or burn up from fire ammo or get electrified from shock ammo or blow up from explosive ammo. That aspect imo is what makes Borderlands games so great.

8 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Can you recall which hour basically let you know that you were gonna reach 40-50 hours in this game? I'm an hour or so in and nothing has seemed to hook me yet. Nice list by the way. You sure do get hooked to some games. Borderlands hooked me big time, loved the DLC in that game.

Hmm, probably when I unlocked the bavarium wing suit which adds booster jet pack and missile launcher to your wing suit... Why does a wing suit need boosters and a rocket launcher? Just Cause....

I wouldn't play the game without it. It's DLC but worth the dollar or two.

The driving is absolutely dreadful in it. I recommend using the wing suit to get around... Or walking... Anything but driving.

Shooting is pretty bad too, even by third person shooter standards.

I probably only have that many hours in it cause I 100% it. (I think?)

Lots of time spent searching the island for stuff, clearing bases and doing challenges.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

37 minutes ago, Spotty said:

It's DLC but worth the dollar or two.

I got the DLC but have yet to reach whatever you have to do to get that bavarium wing suit. I'm also wanting to use the OP sniper I bought for less than a dollar. Can't find it either.

Every TES game. Mafia III gave me JUST over 40 on xbox, only because I did every underboss mission. NCAA football series has given me over 15,000 hours, but sports games aren't for everyone lol.
Honestly, I'm USUALLY sucked into games that can be viewed as repetitive by others. I.e., dynasty modes in sports games, Custom zombies on World at War PC/Black ops III PC.

You mentioned Shadow of mordor, i have about 20 so far, kinda burned out but I'm sure itll end up giving me 40.
I just bought Red Dead Redemption 2 about 20 minutes ago, I'm pretty sure i'll get around 80 from it. At least. On the same note, GTA V and the first RDR. And shoutout to the path of exile mentions!

12 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Already have 100 hours in Madden 19

NHL on PC please. 

Last one was released in 2008. 

Wasn't even based on the console version, they basically modded 08's rosters.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

8 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

I got the DLC but have yet to reach whatever you have to do to get that bavarium wing suit. I'm also wanting to use the OP sniper I bought for less than a dollar. Can't find it either.

To get the wingsuit you have to go to the big Avengers type flying station in the air and do the missions to unlock it. 
For the sniper, maybe just open up the inventory and select it and call in an air drop?

Hmm lemme see....

MMO/MP:

Legend of Mir 1&2: bout 3k+ combined

Myth of Soma Retail + Private servers: 6k+

RFOnline Retail + Private: 8k+

Aion Retail + Private: 2k+

Tera: 386

Blade & Soul: 400+

Rift: 500+

Forsaken World: 450+

Battlefield 2: 600+

BF3: 700+

BF4: 650+

Dota2: 6k+

CS:Source: 400+

Other Games:

FF7: 700+

FF10: 650+

FF13: 32

Assassin Black Flag: 38

Skyrim: 90+

Last Remnant: 80+

NBA2k13: 90+

Prison Architect: 80+

Splinter Cell Conviction: 50

Torchlight 1&2: 270+

Dawn of War 2 Retrobution: 60+

X3: Albion Prelude: 45+

...and various other games played up to and beyond 30hrs that i cba listing including most major Triple A games lol.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Assassin's Creed Origins - 42 hours

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - 46 hours (not even done with the main story yet)

Borderlands - 48 hours

Borderlands 2 - 76 hours

Saints Row 4 - 94 hours

The Witcher 3 - 132 hours

Overwatch - 234 hours

and

Dota 2 - 3982 hours

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

3 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Assassin's Creed Origins

I've owned this game for quite a while now but have barely even put in a half an hour. How do you go about doing things in the beginning of this game? All I do is run around climbing things.

24 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

I've owned this game for quite a while now but have barely even put in a half an hour. How do you go about doing things in the beginning of this game? All I do is run around climbing things.

Um, I followed the story.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.