Some way to lock skyrim to 120fps?

zindan
Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

About this mod

This is a FPS Limiter that will cap your FPS to any set number you choose

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34/?

Alternatively you can adjust the refresh rate of your monitor in the Nvidia control panel and then enable Vsync in Nvidia control panel 3D settings.

Hello, I am playing skyrim at 165fps and it is very messy at that rate. But Iv'e noticed in certain areas where I only have 120 fps maximum then it is perfectly fine, so is there a way to cap it at 120 fps ? 

In your card drivers, you can lock the framerate. Both AMD and Nvidia have this option.

Also, check the game options, some games also have frame rate locks built in.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

In your card drivers, you can lock the framerate. Both AMD and Nvidia have this option.

Also, check the game options, some games also have frame rate locks built in.

Not this game. 

Where exactly in the geforce experience do I find it ?

About this mod

This is a FPS Limiter that will cap your FPS to any set number you choose

Alternatively you can adjust the refresh rate of your monitor in the Nvidia control panel and then enable Vsync in Nvidia control panel 3D settings.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Won't work for Special edition. Thank you, yeah I changed the refresh rate in settings :P Seems to work, thanks buddy. 
You have become so much nicer. 

-= Moved to PC Gaming =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

As mentioned Skyrim physics break over 60fps

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

2 hours ago, DokVis said:

You are gonna to need Havok fix since the physics breaks at anything above 60fps, requires SKSE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91598
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18160

I did that and it gives me 165 fps but it's not 165 hz I can promise you that. It says 165 fps but its 60 hz. Why ? '