Need psu advice

doffy99
59 minutes ago, amardilo said:

Should I look at a higher tier of power supply?

Not necessarily, but I would look for a safer one perhaps.

28 minutes ago, Rexper said:

Could we stop relying on that tier list so much... Remember, that list is subjective.

As is any list or recommendation on this forum. Of course, nothing beats a full review and the flaw you mention is an important one, but overall that list is pretty good for an overview of good to bad.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

9 hours ago, doffy99 said:

this is tier 4 ,they good ? they safe? 
can i choose cheaper psu from tier 3 or tier 4 ? 
will they be safe? 

really?  Oh,tbh I hadn't checked :/ jonnyguru gave it extremely high makes so I don't think you should be concerned at all 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

14 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The reviews found the power supply okay almost a decade ago... Standards have changed. Methodologies have changed.

Nowadays the S12ii is a last resort. There are much better power supplies for cheaper in India, like the Corsair CX or CXM.

It’s group regulated, so voltages are inevitably loose in modern computers. That also means no support for Intel C6 / C7 sleep states.

It lacks several protections. The 8-pin HY510N Protection IC implemented in the S12ii definitely cuts corners. No OCP on any rail, no OTP at all, no UVP on the 12V rail. And we don’t even know if the protections it does have a functional... no one’s tested that.

Also, gets a little noisy under load.

Any decent power supply should have atleast DC-DC converters on the secondary side, and functional protections. Such as the Corsair CX / CXM.

19 minutes ago, Rexper said:

Snip 

yikes... Alright, well i seem to recall the CX ones you're talking about being available in the area and at the right price too.  I also thought the one I posted was still regularly recommend, like within the last few years. Hm... I guess I'm just very out of date with this... I still think of the CX series as very low end though I have heard there's different versions.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

We can neglect the older green-label CX power supplies. The newer, grey-label Corsair CX are very nice budget options.

Seeing OP's budget is ~ 7300 Rupee ($100 USD), they could find better power supplies, like the Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro or Corsair TXM.

Antec EA750G Pro review

Corsair TX750M review

Of the two, I prefer the Corsair TXM.

VedantComputers, TheITDepot, BWIndia, or MDComputers should have those power supplies in stock for ~6000 - 7000.

The 550W variant is more than enough for your system.

16 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If it wasn't Seasonic, everyone would shit on it and bash the manufacturer for having such garbage in their lineup.

I'd get an EVGA B-Series PSU over that. At least the EVGA has working protections...

Especially since it is on the market for 8 years now. And wasn't updated on the electrical side at all. And Seasonic lied on the Label and phantasized something about two +12V Rails.

Here a Thread about that ancient piece of junk:

16 hours ago, doffy99 said:

Using ryzen 2600 with 1060 i need a good psu under 100$  can you give few suggestions on good psu i will use my pc around 16hrs a day

be quiet available??

15 hours ago, doffy99 said:

The Antec is old but clearly the best out of that.

Though you should expect it to be noisy at higher loads...

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

really?  Oh,tbh I hadn't checked :/ jonnyguru gave it extremely high makes so I don't think you should be concerned at all 

...back in 2010 it was somewhat OKish, when the review was done.

By todays standards its a lowest end unit that is worse than the newer Corsair VS series and other low end crap from other Manufacturers...

What's annoying is that people think that its a well build unit because of the capacitors...

Yeah, rather than put in a somewhat decent protection IC that actually supports UVP on +12V and OCP on all rails, decently sized heatsinks we put in Japanese capacitors made in chinese factorys.

2 Reviews, one Original Seasonic, one OEM:
https://www.computerbase.de/2017-07/cooler-master-cougar-xfx-zalman-netzteil-test/3/#abschnitt_schutzschaltungen (OEM; XFX XT500 (zweite Revision)

https://www.computerbase.de/2015-10/350-watt-netzteil-test-lc-power-xilence-sea-sonic-super-flower/4/ S12II-Bronze, 350W

And it doesn't even perform that well either....

Especially in the second link, its a "Garbage Roundup". And the Seasonic cost almost double of the rest. 

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 10/13/2018 at 3:45 AM, doffy99 said:

psu tier 3 and 4 safe? to what extent

Seems you didn't check the whole tier list. Look at this:

Any unit with a sleeve-bearing fan will be deemed no better than Tier 3. Sleeve-bearing fans tend to fail rather quickly when placed in the horizontal mounting position which is what most systems require (the picture used is a PSU mounted in a Fractal Design Define S which uses a traditional mounting system). This is why excellent units like the Enermax SFX unit are placed in tier 3 despite being very good - the fan design holds it back. If mounted in a position like in this Corsair Air 240 then a sleeve-bearing fan should last a very long time.

PSUs that have been bumped down to tier 3 that would belong in a higher tier if not for their sleeve-bearing fans are marked with yellow asterisks

Any group-regulated unit will be placed no higher than Tier 4 due to the dated design of them. This includes Seasonic's S12/M12/M12II, for example. This does not include the S12G.

So depending on the case they may be more or less safe. S12/M12/M12II lack very basic protection yet they are deemed tier 4.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:32 AM, Rexper said:

Could we stop relying on that tier list so much... Remember, that list is subjective.

Ofc but people want the simple answer

5 hours ago, 17030644 said:

Ofc but people want the simple answer

There’s no simple answer to a complicated question.

OP has provided their budget, location, system specs. The list doesn’t recognise any of that.

what may have been reasoning for one tier placement might be completely irrelevant to OP.

Someone asked whether Tier 3 or 4 power supplies are safe. The tier list won’t specifically tell you that. Some of them are perfectly safe, just no last very long. Some of them are fire hazards.

3 minutes ago, Rexper said:

There’s no simple answer to a complicated question.

OP has provided their budget, location, system specs. The list doesn’t recognise any of that.

what may have been reasoning for one tier placement might be completely irrelevant to OP.

Someone asked whether Tier 3 or 4 power supplies are safe. The tier list won’t specifically tell you that. Some of them are perfectly safe, just no last very long. Some of them are fire hazards.

yea that's why I said, it depends