Need psu advice

doffy99

Using ryzen 2600 with 1060 i need a good psu under 100$  can you give few suggestions on good psu i will use my pc around 16hrs a day

This is excellent and appears to be within budget

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product/nB3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii620bronze

actually nvm...

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
Very old unit, I'm out of touch >_>

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

15 hours ago, doffy99 said:

Using ryzen 2600 with 1060 i need a good psu under 100$  can you give few suggestions on good psu i will use my pc around 16hrs a day

Check on the list of the Cases and Power Supplies topic it will be a good place to start off your search

If they weren't safe they'd not be on the list I think :P They're not bad nor the best, just middle ground.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

thanks mate i was worried now i can save money and get a better ram

1 minute ago, doffy99 said:

thanks mate i was worried now i can save money and get a better ram

Depending on what you're pairing it with and doing with it, getting a decent PSU will go a long way.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

ryzen 2600 and 1060 what you suggest then i live in INDIA tell me good psu unde 100-90 $ cheaper the better lol

I am also concerned about this, just bought a Tier 3 CM MasterWatt 750 80 Plus bronze for my 2080 TI + i9 9900K build, which I can't return (New Amazon India Return policies), are these PSUs going to be 'unsafe' for a system like mine?

i think you are fine bro thats a great rig you running lol

15 minutes ago, MaximumSid said:

I am also concerned about this, just bought a Tier 3 CM MasterWatt 750 80 Plus bronze for my 2080 TI + i9 9900K build, which I can't return (New Amazon India Return policies), are these PSUs going to be 'unsafe' for a system like mine?

Should work without too heavy OCs maybe. A better question would be why the hell you skimped on the PSU with such powerful and expensive hardware...

28 minutes ago, doffy99 said:

ryzen 2600 and 1060 what you suggest then i live in INDIA tell me good psu unde 100-90 $ cheaper the better lol

Don't cheap out on your power supply. I've always gone with EVGA, but judging from Amazon the Corsair CXM or RMx may fit the budget better.

5 minutes ago, tikker said:

Should work without too heavy OCs maybe. A better question would be why the hell you skimped on the PSU with such powerful and expensive hardware...

Don't cheap out on your power supply. I've always gone with EVGA, but judging from Amazon the Corsair CXM or RMx may fit the budget better.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B014W3EM2W/?tag=pcp03-21 this one is it good ? 
or 
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B074ZKXM72/?tag=pcp03-21&th=1
or
https://www.amazon.in/Thermaltake-Continuous-Active-Supply-PS-SPD-0500NPCWUS-W/dp/B0754YDPZF?th=1
or
https://www.amazon.in/Antec-True-Power-750W-Supply/dp/B00HGB8X3W
 750 will work fine ? i dont need that much power 

1 minute ago, tikker said:

I'd go with the Cooler Master one.

tier 3 vs a antec tier 2 ?

3 minutes ago, doffy99 said:

tier 3 vs a antec tier 2 ?

The tier 2 one is the True Power Classic. The one you linked is just True Power. Hmm don't know wheter to believe the listing or the picture. They may be the same thing. If so, then the Antec I guess?

1 minute ago, tikker said:

The tier 2 one is the True Power Classic. The one you linked is just True Power.

on box it says classic and in description classic series

2 minutes ago, tikker said:

The tier 2 one is the True Power Classic. The one you linked is just True Power. Hmm don't know wheter to believe the listing or the picture. They may be the same thing. If so, then the Antec I guess?

yeah lol same ig 

2 hours ago, tikker said:

A better question would be why the hell you skimped on the PSU with such powerful and expensive hardware...

Lack of proper knowledge when it comes to buying PSUs. :/ I spent more on RGB Fans, not proud of that. But again, would this fry anything? If it stops working, I'll just get a new one, just don't want anything to get damaged (especially that 2080 Ti). Won't overclock a lot, but may oc the cpu somewhat as I am getting a 360mm aio cooler. 

3 minutes ago, MaximumSid said:

Lack of proper knowledge when it comes to buying PSUs. :/ I spent more on RGB Fans, not proud of that. But again, would this fry anything? If it stops working, I'll just get a new one, just don't want anything to get damaged (especially that 2080 Ti). Won't overclock a lot, but may oc the cpu somewhat as I am getting a 360mm aio cooler. 

see jonnyguru ,com for best psu advice

After looking at the tiered list thread I was worried about about the same thing.

I was planning on building a PC for some family from some spare PC parts (AMD 860K, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB WD Green) and was going to buy some other parts (GT 710, 250GB WD Green SSD) including a 450w EVGA B3 power supply which is ranked at tier 4.

If it wasn't totally safe I'd be extremely worried about getting it. Seems like from other peoples replies that it is OK. Is it just that all ranked power supplies are fine other than those in the non-tier/rank.

Should I look at a higher tier of power supply?

Could we stop relying on that tier list so much... Remember, that list is subjective.

Do you understand why those power supplies are "unsafe" or good?

If you read professional reviews, you would.

EVGA 450 B3 review at Tomshardware. The biggest flaw of the power supply is the non-functioning protections. Overloading the EVGA b3 will not only kill it, but can harm your system components and can be dangerous.

57 minutes ago, amardilo said:

After looking at the tiered list thread I was worried about about the same thing.

I was planning on building a PC for some family from some spare PC parts (AMD 860K, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB WD Green) and was going to buy some other parts (GT 710, 250GB WD Green SSD) including a 450w EVGA B3 power supply which is ranked at tier 4.

If it wasn't totally safe I'd be extremely worried about getting it. Seems like from other peoples replies that it is OK. Is it just that all ranked power supplies are fine other than those in the non-tier/rank.

Should I look at a higher tier of power supply?

see jonnyguru reviews youll know i could be getting a extra ram if i didnt chose tier 2 psu on the other hand when i asked local shops they using tier 4 and 5 psu for saving money lol 

4 minutes ago, doffy99 said:

see jonnyguru reviews youll know 

Thanks. I thought that was someone on here's username. Had to google it to find a review site? ?

Not going to risk it so I'm going for an EVGA G2 550w which seems to get a lot better reviews.

1 minute ago, amardilo said:

Thanks. I thought that was someone on here's username. Had to google it to find a review site? ?

hes here but he has a site too