Looking to Replace my Tempered glass to Acrylic.

So due to bad case design, they have made all the tempered glass flush on all sides, meaning all the air intakes are covered with tempered class. It even looks like they have just used a previous version of their case and just drilled holes where needed to support the glass. I should have noticed in the picture but hey was too excited about the new GPU and CPU i had bought.

as you can see in the images, if they made the glass 2 inch smaller it would have actual air intake! rather then 3mm either side.  

But solution and issue: 

so replace the side walls of my case to acrylic, my only worry is due to the size of the sheet of acrylic needed, there might be an issue up with static build up.

Any ideas as to how i can combat this ?

2961100-l-a.jpg

2961100-l-b.jpg

3 minutes ago, Yeti in a thong said:

so replace the side walls of my case to acrylic, my only worry is due to the size of the sheet of acrylic needed, there might be an issue up with static build up.

Any ideas as to how i can combat this 

There's no need to worry about static. Full Acrylic windows have been around longer than full TG. 

That really bugs me though. It would have almost been a not terrible case if the TG was proper

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Full Acrylic windows have been around longer than full TG. 

i think tempered glass was around a lot longer than acrylic

20 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That really bugs me though. It would have almost been a not terrible case if the TG was proper

Yeah tell me about it, Lucky i didn't pay their £100ish price mark,  got mine second hand for a cool £20.  also cable management in this has been a bitch! 

19 minutes ago, emosun said:

i think tempered glass was around a lot longer than acrylic

We're talking on mainstream PC's. :P but youre historically correct

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

38 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

There's no need to worry about static. Full Acrylic windows have been around longer than full TG. 

Yes but there will always be static buildup on an acrylic window.

Dust will stick to it for more than glass.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020