Xbox 360 wired controller or a Logitech f710?

YugaFGT

I'm going to use it only on PC

SoulReaper Captain

I use official Xbox 360 wireless controllers with the official wireless receiver. 

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

360 controller all the way.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Never had a problem with my 360 wired controller...but all of friends old Logitech one's have broken/lost drivers.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

BUT WAIT THERES MORE

xbox one controller? I know the 360 one is cheaper but yeah

The Xbox One controller is having serious compatibility issues with PC, you're better off getting a PS4 controller as everything except the touchpad is working.

Personally, get a wired Xbox 360 controller. All wireless solutions I have had in the past end up malfunctioning somewhere down the line, I haven't been able to play around with the F710, but the 360 controller is a solid choice. If you go with a wireless Xbox 360 controller then you'll need a wireless dongle as well, and most of those are cheap Chinese knock-offs since MIcrosoft has stopped producing them.

You can still find the Official Microsoft Wireless Receivers, though.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

I have a F710 plus heres the pros and cons:

Pros:

Wireless

Has some supported games

Has mapping software (meaning if there isnt a supported game you can create a button map and link it to the exe)

Cons:

Only supports some games

If you are going to use the analogs theres no moving them a little you push them in one direction or not at all meaning low sensitivity is almost required and you almost over aim every time

Pain to set up

Uses batteries like crazy

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

360 wired all the way, f710 looks like shit and 360 is waaay more ergonomic.

Yep, the best solution is the 360 pad. It's far superior to anything on the market as far as I'm concerned. It's solid, it has the perfect design imo, and it is almost universally supported.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

PS4 controller. I've always liked sony's layout more and the ds4 is very comfortable.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

thanks guys will be getting a 360 controller

SoulReaper Captain

I use the wireless xbox 360 controller for some games, have no problem with it, its a solid controller so if I had to pick a wired controller then would with the 360 one it just works.

Cry Havoc!

Love the 360 controller, hope xbox one controller works soon

360 controller all the way. Nothing beats the joy of just plugging it in and everything works, no work needed from your side.