ASUS ROG Rig Reboot 2018 is HERE! (CLOSED)

CPotter

@CPotter

So I had emailed the Linus Media Group's about my ROG Rig Reboot submission that I had spent hours both shooting and editing, and I didn't make the time deadline due to the late times, I would be extremely thankful if my submission was still given a chance. With specifics so you can determine it was me, the last 2 hours of the competition were 12-2 am in my area. 

5 hours ago, ataxia8118 said:

hi, when will we know what winners are picked? 

They said it would take at least two weeks earlier in the thread.

If you see my video on youtube, It says that it is 1:01 but if you actually watch the video it is 1:00

@CPotter

Quick Question here.

I found out about the giveaway in the last 7 hours of submissions. Fortunately, I was able to scrap together a video, however when I was uploading it I had about 38 minutes left, and the video itself hasn't processed yet. I used the linen provided by YouTube, but the upload failed due to some unknown formatting reason. I reuploaded the video on the same channel, but the gleam page has a dead link. 

What sort of solution can be found or is everything fine the way it is?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Domidude02 said:

If you see my video on youtube, It says that it is 1:01 but if you actually watch the video it is 1:00

it's doing this to a lot of people, me included, but i wouldn't worry about it cuz it only shows up on the sidebar as 1:01 and when you click on the video it displays 1:00, however this is just for me and idk if it is for everyone. On another note they have a link of everyone's youtube video, so they will most likely just click on that and only see the 1:00.   EDIT: @Domidude02

InkedScreenshot 2018-09-29 16.53.51_LI.jpg

Edited by BillSpyTheRussianNye

3 minutes ago, BillSpyTheRussianNye said:

it's doing this to a lot of people, me included, but i wouldn't worry about it cuz it only shows up on the sidebar as 1:01 and when you click on the video it displays 1:00, however this is just for me and idk if it is for everyone. On another note they have a link of everyone's youtube video, so they will most likely just click on that and only see the 1:00.   EDIT: @Domidude02

InkedScreenshot 2018-09-29 16.53.51_LI.jpg

This is probably because when you edited the video you did not edit to the exact minute. Your video is probably a few frames over and youtube doesn't know how to display that so it has a rounding problem.

7 minutes ago, TheManInMyHead said:

This is probably because when you edited the video you did not edit to the exact minute. Your video is probably a few frames over and youtube doesn't know how to display that so it has a rounding problem.

Well RIP, all I can do is hope they only see the 1:00, or forgive people for the frame thing.

thanks btw @TheManInMyHead

Edited by BillSpyTheRussianNye
thanking

3 minutes ago, BillSpyTheRussianNye said:

Well RIP, all I can do is hope they only see the 1:00, or forgive people for the frame thing.

thanks btw @TheManInMyHead

No problem man. I'm sure it isn't that big of a deal but who knows.

@CPotter So, what if we edited the video when it was posted and it was longer than 60 seconds but we cut it under and the entries weren't over, does that count? Here's mine: 

On 9/26/2018 at 8:03 AM, theatlascraft4000 said:

I have a power Mac g4 legit that is my only system and I am writing this from my phone is it possible for me to win because it’s a Mac 

sorry i meant meant will I get discqulifies because it’s a Mac and it can’t run windows or anything

@CPotter @LinusTech

Why would that disqualify you.

If anything it's points in your favor.

So guys it ended at 2083 entrys how many would you estimate are Re-uploads/disqualified?? I'd say about half which would leave us with 1040-ish legit entrys honestly thought there would be more lol

Well, I only found out that 60 seconds is a hard limit that immediately disqualifies you now, and my video goes an entire 9 seconds over. Amazing. Couldn't have put that in the official rules I guess. There goes like 8 hours of work.

13 minutes ago, BrailleCortex said:

Well, I only found out that 60 seconds is a hard limit that immediately disqualifies you now, and my video goes an entire 9 seconds over. Amazing. Couldn't have put that in the official rules I guess. There goes like 8 hours of work.

They did put it in the rules. They said 30 to 60 second video.

sure. I'm just annoyed I ruined my chances of winning by not checking comments on an unlinked forum page several days after the announcement.

Just found out my video was 4 seconds over. There goes my hard work ?.

Ok so @CPotter Apparently my video showed 1:01 for some odd reason and i did not know why i called YouTube about it and they have fixed the problem! Will you still view my vid?

Just now, AllenKurian said:

Ok so @CPotter Apparently my video showed 1:01 for some odd reason and i did not know why i called YouTube about it and they have fixed the problem! Will you still view my vid?

I HIGHY doubt they'll disqualify you i think your good m8

Just now, Rayvn said:

I HIGHY doubt they'll disqualify you i think your good m8

Ayy thanks hope they will still keep me i want to upgrade this olddd laptop the CPU from 2011 lmaoo