ASUS ROG Rig Reboot 2018 is HERE! (CLOSED)

CPotter

One more question @CPotter, I know your going to have a lot of work watching and picking a winner but where will the winners be posted ? 

Hi there @CPotter.  Two quick questions.

First, how does the LTT team view so many videos?  That must be a lot of work, even in 30-60 second increments!

Second, is there a place to view the terms and conditions for the contest?

Thank you.

44 minutes ago, Tinytank said:

One more question @CPotter, I know your going to have a lot of work watching and picking a winner but where will the winners be posted ? 

Winners will be contacted directly, and eventually, once we have everything locked in, you'll see a new forum post, as well as "*CLOSED*" in the subject name of this thread.

5 minutes ago, Remi B. said:

Hi there @CPotter.  Two quick questions.

First, how does the LTT team view so many videos?  That must be a lot of work, even in 30-60 second increments!

Second, is there a place to view the terms and conditions for the contest?

Thank you.

Myself, Linus, and our new sales rep go through them all to select the top 25 or so, and then we get more of the team to vote on the top 3 winners, who we then contact and talk to ASUS about.

41 minutes ago, CPotter said:

Winners will be contacted directly, and eventually, once we have everything locked in, you'll see a new forum post, as well as "*CLOSED*" in the subject name of this thread.

Myself, Linus, and our new sales rep go through them all to select the top 25 or so, and then we get more of the team to vote on the top 3 winners, who we then contact and talk to ASUS about.

So thats how they decide the honorable mentions.

Also, if we use music in our video, is it OK if it contains swear words, or should I find a clean version. (btw its a snip from Kendrick Lamar- DNA)

i like trains 🙂

@CPotter Simple question here. I'm assuming the competition ends at 11:59 on Friday is that correct? The gleam page isn't very specific about the end date. I need to know if I should focus on school work tomorrow or if I should finish my video submission. Thank you guys at LTT and ASUS for running this awesome competition! Best of luck to everyone competing.

Edit: Never mind the gleam page shows hours left now. Thanks anyway!

Edited by Josh the apple

If my video was too long, how do I reupload? (I can use a different email if gleam is unable to facilitate a change)

16 hours ago, ImplosiveNUTech said:

So thats how they decide the honorable mentions.

Also, if we use music in our video, is it OK if it contains swear words, or should I find a clean version. (btw its a snip from Kendrick Lamar- DNA)

The clean version is probably safer, or maybe censor it. Makes it easier because we plan on using snippets in the videos we create for Linus Tech Tips.

5 hours ago, NickA1260 said:

So am I disqualified now? I trimmed it to 58 seconds? @CPotter

If its 58 seconds then you're good.

4 hours ago, skerpon said:

If my video was too long, how do I reupload? (I can use a different email if gleam is unable to facilitate a change)

Use a different email, will probably just be easier. :P 

@CPotter how much exactly would you say video quality/creativity is valued over crap system in the contest considerations. I uploaded this video it's honestly perhaps the lowest quality one you may receive lol but it took multiple redo's and like a hour of messing with the audio all while fighting the lag on my PC when editing videos so it was a fair amount of work lol :EDIT: just noticed that somehow youtube made it 61sec long i MADE D@MN sure it was 60sec long took like 15 min of trying different vid speeds am i gonna be disqualified for that since as far as i know it's not on my side of the problem :EDIT2: it IS 60sec but the forum site adds a sec for some odd reason

5bad4084703a1_Screenshot(21).png.eb43806099824834f2de1e685dd497e9.png

In a previous reply you said that you would contact winners directly, how exactly would you do that? Would you use a phone number or an email address or mail a letter?

10 minutes ago, AaronS678 said:

In a previous reply you said that you would contact winners directly, how exactly would you do that? Would you use a phone number or an email address or mail a letter?

Most likely they use email 

On 24/09/2018 at 6:32 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

What time/day can the video be submitted until?

@CPotter I already submitted my video but I realized its over 60 seconds, would there be any way for me to "unsubmit" it and trim it? Its 2 seconds over the 60 second limit.

Just now, Expaand said:

@CPotter I already submitted my video but I realized its over 60 seconds, would there be any way for me to "unsubmit" it and trim it? Its 2 seconds over the 60 second limit.

yea no he told someone in a old post just to use a new email

1 minute ago, Rayvn said:

yea no he told someone in a old post just to use a new email

Thanks for the quick reply, shame that I have to but its all good.

Countdown time

4 hours left

(am on east coast so it’s 10 here

On 2018-09-26 at 2:54 PM, CPotter said:

If your video is over 60-seconds, yes you are immediately disqualified.

Hey Colton, just wanted to say hi, I'm the Mary Browns kid haha. Do you consider reasoning for why the applicant should win? My computer is fairly good, and my video wasn't super well done, but I am probably one of the few people that entered who actually try to help the community as much as possible.

@CPotter what if i submitted 3 times because i had to delete 2 of the entrys because i couldnt change the video url? Because there was no way for me to changw the url on the original entry and the video was to long.