ASUS ROG Rig Reboot 2018 is HERE! (CLOSED)

CPotter

#ROGRigReboot18 Submission Page: 
https://gleam.io/QNMb2/linus-tech-tips-asus-rog-reboot-2018 

*Contest Applicable to North American Residents Only*

ROG Rig Reboot has returned! We're working with ASUS ROG once again to find out who has the worst PC, and fly three lucky winners to our office in Canada to build a new one. Simply create a short video telling us why your PC sucks, and why you want a new one.

Check out the ASUS ROG store on Facebook: http://geni.us/asusrogfacebookstore 

Follow ASUS ROG on social media for updates!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rog.n.america 
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/ASUSUSA
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rog_na/  

Follow Us:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/linustech 
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/LinusTech
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/linustech
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/linustech

I'm actually half surprised Colton didn't plug his own Instagram in this page.

That said, is there a reason for it being NA-only?

I would hazard a guess at air fare, but why not open it to Canada as well?

Or is it some rule with Asus?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'm actually half surprised Colton didn't plug his own Instagram in this page.

That said, is there a reason for it being NA-only?

I would hazard a guess at air fare, but why not open it to Canada as well?

Or is it some rule with Asus?

Did you mean why not open it to Mexico? :P

US and Canada are the two listed as eligible >.>

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Did you mean why not open it to Mexico? :P

US and Canada are the two listed as eligible >.>

RIP. I guess NA is referring to the North American continent, not just the country.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

31 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

RIP. I guess NA is referring to the North American continent, not just the country.

Yeah, why would they not fly people from Canada? They ARE from Canada, lol.

I'd enter, but I already have a decent rig, and I'd feel like a dipshit if I won by using something like my laptop to act like I have a shit PC. I mean, I guess it's mostly the video, but if my video was 10/10 and someone else's was 9.5/10 but they had a shitty rig, who would win?

Actually curious to know @CPotter, if you don't mind answering.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

17 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah, why would they not fly people from Canada? They ARE from Canada, lol.

I'd enter, but I already have a decent rig, and I'd feel like a dipshit if I won by using something like my laptop to act like I have a shit PC. I mean, I guess it's mostly the video, but if my video was 10/10 and someone else's was 9.5/10 but they had a shitty rig, who would win?

Actually curious to know @CPotter, if you don't mind answering.

Technically, Mexico counts as well. I've updated the giveaway page as well.

To answer your question, it really depends but we're looking for the shitty rig and video combo. We do quite a bit of background work before we select our 3 final winners, so please don't try to game the system lol. :P 

I posted my video as unlisted, do I still qualify for the contest? I worked really hard on my video because my HP 15 Notebook PC sucks! I'm not sure, but I really need a new computer. @CPotter Please respond if you can. Also, how are you doing the background checking? I don't really have anything that you can check.

1 hour ago, NickA1260 said:

I posted my video as unlisted, do I still qualify for the contest? I worked really hard on my video because my HP 15 Notebook PC sucks! I'm not sure, but I really need a new computer. @CPotter Please respond if you can. Also, how are you doing the background checking? I don't really have anything that you can check.

We pick finalists and then ask for more detail before choosing our winners. And your video can be unlisted, you just need to submit it through the giveaway page itself.

1 hour ago, NickA1260 said:

Ok, I’m super excited I worked really hard on my video. I can’t really afford to buy a pc my dad retired from the military because he got hurt and so he can’t really get another job we don’t really have alot of income and I have four siblings. Do you know when winners/finalists will be chosen? @CPotter

Approximately two weeks - over 1,100 entries so far.

What if you win, but you are unable to fly to Canada? Could you just video call in and ship the computer, or would you be disqualified? @CPotter P.S loved your techquickie today!

53 minutes ago, forzaislife said:

What if you win, but you are unable to fly to Canada? Could you just video call in and ship the computer, or would you be disqualified? @CPotter P.S loved your techquickie today!

Disqualified, unfortunately. :( I know it sucks because a lot of people are in school or have other commitments, but that IS a requirement for this promotion nevertheless.

Thanks! I still have a long way to go in terms of hosting, but we'll get there eventually.

1 hour ago, CPotter said:

Disqualified, unfortunately. :( I know it sucks because a lot of people are in school or have other commitments, but that IS a requirement for this promotion nevertheless.

Thanks! I still have a long way to go in terms of hosting, but we'll get there eventually.

What if someone else came and filled in for me?  @CPotter @LinusTech@Crunchy Dragon

1 hour ago, forzaislife said:

What if someone else came and filled in for me?  @CPotter @LinusTech@Crunchy Dragon

Not sure what the rules are on that.

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Not sure what the rules are on that.

Thanks for getting back on that. As a side note, if that is not in the official rules, can you allow that just so some of us have a chance to win it? xD:P @Crunchy Dragon @CPotter @LinusTech

2 hours ago, forzaislife said:

No fill-ins, we had someone try to do that last year and it just doesn't make sense for the video. Sorry. :( 

Exciting! One question, hypothetically if two people worked on the same video and that video was picked, would those people have to choose between themselves to decide who goes @CPotter

im trying to be unique by using the tools available in my engineering class to make my video

vid may be hq, but it'll be because we have workstations in engineering for cad, programming video editing(don't ask me why video editing)

it'll be good boys

i like trains 🙂

I have a power Mac g4 legit that is my only system and I am writing this from my phone is it possible for me to win because it’s a Mac 

sorry i meant meant will I get discqulifies because it’s a Mac and it can’t run windows or anything

@CPotter @LinusTech

Hey @CPotter
me and my friend built a computer years ago as a team project and would like to submit our video as a team as well. Would it disqualify us to be a team of 2 instead one person?

@CPotter @LinusTech I want to upload my video, but it's over the "30-60" seconds limit mentioned on the contest page. It's actually like 95 seconds... Would I be disqualified or would this count against me?

2 hours ago, featherwolf said:

@CPotter @LinusTech I want to upload my video, but it's over the "30-60" seconds limit mentioned on the contest page. It's actually like 95 seconds... Would I be disqualified or would this count against me?

You would be disqualified sadly, yes.

3 hours ago, LinusJustTheTips said:

Hey @CPotter
me and my friend built a computer years ago as a team project and would like to submit our video as a team as well. Would it disqualify us to be a team of 2 instead one person?

That's fine as long as you decide who wins if we pick your video as a winner. :P