Difference between the Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING , MAXIMUS X Hero and code

I'm having trouble choosing between the Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING , MAXIMUS X Hero and code. What are the main differences between these 3 motherboards? 

30 minutes ago, __________ said:

I'm having trouble choosing between the Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING , MAXIMUS X Hero and code. What are the main differences between these 3 motherboards? 

Honestly, if you don't know the differences then get the cheapest or whatever you think looks better. No point in getting a more expensive board if you don't know what the extra features are, what they do or even if you need them.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

2 hours ago, vong said:

Honestly, if you don't know the differences then get the cheapest or whatever you think looks better. No point in getting a more expensive board if you don't know what the extra features are, what they do or even if you need them.

is there like a best ,ok , and worst among them?

The maximus x hero is the 'higher-end' part. Not by much though.

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

Both are great boards there are a number of differences but in regards to performance (FPS or applications or general overclocking ability) they will essentially be the same.

In this respect, the biggest difference is the VRM design and components they are higher performing with better efficiency and lower operating temperatures. Think about it like buying a cooler. You can get a Noctua U12S or Noctua U14S both are great and both allow for generally the same OC range but the 14S will offer lower temps. In most situations, this does not make a bigger difference but some users prefer to have something running at a lower temp.

Then again if you really were looking for pure price to performance you could drop down even further to the Z370-A and still have an outstanding OC with great quality and features and functions.

Keeping the direct comparison in play some other key differences that increase the cost and are dependent on your want and needs for your build.

The Maximus line has a more advanced (higher end audio design) which features a specially binned version audio codec while also having a DAC chip onboard with a few other improvements. If you have a decent pair of headphones you will be able to hear the difference. If you love audio it is a nice upgrade.

For serious memory OCers the topology on the board is optimized for higher frequencies. if you are not considering 3800+ DIMMs do not worry about this.

The Maximus line has additional onboard headers and buttons generally for bench testing setups and enthusiasts (start button, retry button, debug led etc).

The Maximus line offers more back IO (USB ports)

The Maximus line offers more fan headers.

The Maximus line offers on board CLR CMOS button - some OCers really like this but if you use our Auto Tuning technology feature which is on both boards you will generally not use this button. It is more so suited for manual OCers

The Maximus line offers USB BIOS FLASHBACK - This is a nice option in the event you need to update or recover your UEFI ( BIOS ) on a low level. even if the system does not post or you do not have a CPU, Memory or Graphics Card installed. You just need a working PSU and connected and you can directly update the UEFI.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

47 minutes ago, Velcade said:

The Maximus line offers more fan headers.

Think they offer the same amount of fan headers. Rest of the information is great <3

Z370-E :

Case fan headers 3x 4-pins

CPU fan headers 2x 4-pins

Maximus X:

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

8 minutes ago, partymarty said:

Think they offer the same amount of fan headers. Rest of the information is great <3

Z370-E :

Maximus X:

5ba90f93c6fbe_Z370-Efans.JPG.45ad7d54ba135898e0445c9303c41571.JPG5ba90f92e7010_MaximusXHeroFans.JPG.db97f519db7d326fc1c118d15fa62dd3.JPG

I'll let you count them.  <3

2 hours ago, __________ said:

is there like a best ,ok , and worst among them?

What Velcade has written is on point. They all pretty much perform the same if you're just gaming. If it were me, I'd probably go with the Hero since it has a code display which is extremely helpful for troubleshooting.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

42 minutes ago, Velcade said:

I'll let you count them.  <3

i count at least 6. but could be my bad eyes tho

maybe actually look before you make a smart comment <3

gMcQ1A0.jpg

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

1 minute ago, wildthing said:

i count at least 6. but could be my bad eyes tho

maybe actually look before you make a smart comment <3

gMcQ1A0.jpg

Netherland boys unite!

Lets count pumps too then.  We'll add everything in since you seem to have failed to add the extra Maximus PWM headers.

5ba91b45e8e76_EvsHero.JPG.41a2f28c56e842cce41aef5b1e84130a.JPG

again I'll let you add them up

1 hour ago, Velcade said:

Netherland boys unite!

Lets count pumps too then.  We'll add everything in since you seem to have failed to add the extra Maximus PWM headers.

No idea how this spec site counts headers, but you're right

Was too lazy to look at mobo layout, was lazy, got punished.:) 

2 hours ago, Velcade said:

Netherland boys unite!

why not add aio/pump headers in? you can run fans on them perfectly fine.

i quoted the strix board not the Maximus so not sure why you're asking about it.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

7 minutes ago, wildthing said:

why not add aio/pump headers in? you can run fans on them perfectly fine.

i quoted the strix board not the Maximus so not sure why you're asking about it.

You're not sure...

That's the only correct thing you've said in this thread.

18 minutes ago, Velcade said:

You're not sure...

That's the only correct thing you've said in this thread.

good comeback kid, keep it up and you be on here for a long time. 

i will be the mature guy and just ignore you :)

have a nice day

8 minutes ago, wildthing said:

good comeback kid, keep it up and you be on here for a long time. 

i will be the mature guy and just ignore you :)

have a nice day

You can be 'mature' if you'd like but the issue still remains that you weren't providing correct information.  The Maximus line has more fan headers, period.  To say it doesn't only confuses OP.  If you would have taken the time to read through the material that ASUS provides on their website you'd see your mistake.  Don't just jump to conclusions because you think you're right.  Confirm your assumptions with actual evidence.

And I'll be just fine sweetheart don't worry about me.