Why aren't there hybrid air/water coolers for CPUs?

CatTNT

Imagine something like a hyper 212, but theres also a pump inside of it, that routes thru the 212, then to another radiator like normal.

First Computer: 3440x1440 @75Hz ROG STRIX 1080 Ti Core i5 8600K @ 1.415V @ 5.08 GHz Corsair Spec 02 EVGA CLC 280mm

as seen it exists. but would generally be pointless to engineer and produce. plus its ugly af

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Those kinds of coolers exist on GPUs because there are more things to actually cool, while a CPU is really just the IHS. Having VRM heatsinks and an AIO water cooler is technically hybrid cpu cooling the same way that GPU hybrid cooling is.

Those EVGA Hybrid cards, there really isnt much in there besides the AIO on the gpu die and then some heatsinks over the VRM's and the metal plate over the memory modules, that blower fan is only cooling the plate and vrm, the gpu die is entirely cooled by the AIO.

there's been attempts in many forms, but all of them have proven surprisingly unsuccessful.

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

well, I mean, technically water coolers are still air coolers, the heatsink and fans are just moved away from the CPU. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 hours ago, Arika S said:

well, I mean, technically water coolers are still air coolers, the heatsink and fans are just moved away from the CPU. 

And instead of laws of physics/matter phase changes transferring heat from its source to fins there's water/liquid coolant circulated by pump.

On 25.9.2018 at 4:43 PM, joishw said:

It's a shame about it's performance, it looks awesome. 

Its to be expected.

Heatsinks are just the imbodyment of Physics.

Conducting heat, transfering heat and dissipating heat. And in some cases the Airflow as well. That's what its all about.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"