Friendzone

SupremeGOAT

"You can't be in the friendzone if you value women's friendships" what do you guys think about that?... be brutally honest

EDIT

my bad i didn't have enough context

image.png.af6e47b63727af9e34d2f6a5fa61d3a2.png

Edited by SupremeGOAT
more info

Bolivia.

1 minute ago, Volbet said:

What does "value a woman's friendship" mean and how do you define the "friendzone"?

friendzone: In popular culture, the friend zone is a situation in which one member of a friendship wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not. It is generally considered to be an undesirable situation for the rejected person.

a woman's friendship : image.png.8d785a6f0b9526364aa3f426de79f2b0.png

Bolivia.

I would make it clear that you'd like to enter a relationship. How? I don't know. 

There are too many double-standards these days to even care anymore. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

4 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

friendzone: In popular culture, the friend zone is a situation in which one member of a friendship wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not. It is generally considered to be an undesirable situation for the rejected person.

a woman's friendship :

image.png.8d785a6f0b9526364aa3f426de79f2b0.png

I know what the friendzone is. I asked for your definition. Pretty much everyone put their own spin on the concept, so to give a brutally honest answer I would need to know what I'm working from.

And the picture answers nothing at all. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

29 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I know what the friendzone is

then give me your answer o,o

29 minutes ago, Volbet said:

picture answers nothing at all

friend zone: you tryna smash but she think you being friendly is because you wanna JUST hang out... 

women's friendships: for some reason its harder to be friends with women... you gotta tip toe with what you say and they need SO MUCH support and help... naaah... when you with yo FRIENDS you free af and you can minimize dat filter and dey dont call you in the night move heavy shit... unless it fun..

Bolivia.

10 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

then give me your answer o,o

Okay, the reason why you're original post doesn't make sense is becuase valuing a friendship doesn't impact the concept of the friendzone in any way.

If we work from the broad definition that you posted, then it's perfectly possible to value your platonic relationship with a person even if you want for it ti go further than that. 

I would even go as far as to say that you should value it. Else you might as well end it.

And if you only value a person due to the prospect of a romantic relationship, then you might need to check your priorities. 

4 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

women's friendships: for some reason its harder to be friends with women... you gotta tip toe with what you say and they need SO MUCH support and help... naaah... when you with yo FRIENDS you free af and you can minimize dat filter and dey dont call you in the night move heavy shit... unless it fun..

If you find it difficult to friends with women than you might need to check the women in your life. Or check yourself, whatever is the most reasonable option. 

For the majority of my life the majority of my friends have been women and I've never experienced any of the things you mention. 

Just like men, women come in a varity of types. There's not reason to suspect otherwise. 

Women are human after all. They aren't some alien race that should be studied and understood. 

16 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Okay, the reason why you're original post doesn't make sense is becuase valuing a friendship doesn't impact the concept of the friendzone in any way.

If we work from the broad definition that you posted, then it's perfectly possible to value your platonic relationship with a person even if you want for it ti go further than that. 

I would even go as far as to say that you should value it. else you might as well end it.

And if you only value a person due to the prospect of a romantic relationship, then you might need to check your priorities. 

If you find it difficult to friends with women than you might need to check the women in your life. Or check yourself, whatever is the most reasonable option. 

For the majority of my life the majority of my friends have been women and I've never experienced any of the things you mention. 

Just like men, women come in a varity of types. There's not reason to suspect otherwise. 

Women are human after all. They aren't some alien race that should be studied and understood. 

bruh you ever go 2 weeks without hitting nothing? at that point you aint looking for no friends. I been friends with women for short periods of time i didn't like what they liked AND if i ended up liking what they liked we hit it off and i get some without trying so hard... idk maybe thats friendship... I personally would smash a girl i have little in common with buuut if you wanna eat vegan and hang out and i aint getting none? HA! noooooo...

16 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I've never experienced any of the things you mention

then you probably a woman

Bolivia.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Damn son, you need some water.

nothin wrong with being thirsty... as long as you get some drink o,o

Bolivia.

15 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

relationship

oooh misunderstanding.... no relationships just hit it for a month or 2 and break it off... i can put up with being vegan for a few dinners to get some but... not forever

15 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

Stop just thinking about having sex, that's why masturbation exists.

its like a drug bro... you dont just...what??

11 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, in reality

o.O way to talk for all women... bruh download tinder

Bolivia.

13 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

then you probably a woman

I'm just in touch with my feminine side. 

14 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

bruh you ever go 2 weeks without hitting nothing? at that point you aint looking for no friends. I been friends with women for short periods of time i didn't like what they liked AND if i ended up liking what they liked we hit it off and i get some without trying so hard... idk maybe thats friendship... I personally would smash a girl i have little in common with buuut if you wanna eat vegan and hang out and i aint getting none? HA! noooooo...

Yeah, that's called compromising. It's something friends do. Not just something you do with your female friends.  

If you just want sex, then go to a prostitute and get it over with. 

10 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Most women want a serious relationship when they're adults.

you think this argument holds water with tinder out there? you think these women looking for a serious relationship on tinder? i thank god for tinder i dont have to waste time on the games... "You can't be in the friendzone if you value women's friendships"  <-- i saw this looking for memes... i was just wondering if people took this pill and stayed zoned 

3 minutes ago, Volbet said:

If you just want sex, then go to a prostitute and get it over with. 

oooh you calling women who just want sex prostitutes? if women looking what im looking for... they prostitutes?.... cool...

Bolivia.

11 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

oooh you calling women who just want sex prostitutes? if women looking what im looking for... they prostitutes?.... cool...

No, I'm saying that if YOU just want sex then the easiest way is to pay for it. You're obviously not interested in the work, so paying to get it seems like the easiest option for you.

I'm in no way insinuated that women with a free sexual moral are, by deffinition, prostitutes. 

Also, nice way to change the topic completely. 

you think this argument holds water with tinder out there? you think these women looking for a serious relationship on tinder? i thank god for tinder i dont have to waste time on the games... "You can't be in the friendzone if you value women's friendships"  <-- i saw this looking for memes... i was just wondering if people took this pill and stayed zoned 

So you're just a pick-up artist that wants to seem smarter than everyone else? 

Fair enough, but I'm not gonna entertain that shit. 

Go to incel.me. They'll worship you like a god over there.

11 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

It's not "women who just want sex". There's plenty of women who are sex crazy and sleep around, but they aren't prostitute. 
It's women(and men, it goes both ways) who demand money, be it on the internet or on the sidewalk, in exchange for sex. There's a difference here between the two and while the line may look thin, it still exist. The moment you ask for money to do something, it becomes a "job" and what is the job title for someone who has sex with people? Prostitute, the oldest job in the world.
Hence why he said it, if you just want sex, get a prostitute, it's quicker and easier to go that route, since they'll generally sleep with anyone as long as they are paying.

As for the whole friendzone thing. Yes, you can be just friend with women. While it can be harder to interact with them after getting rejected/friendzoned, you'll get over it/find someone else to obsess over and be able to just be friend with them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

39 minutes ago, Volbet said:

No, I'm saying that if YOU just want sex then the easiest way is to pay for it.

easiest way is hookup apps o,o where the women are willing and ready

40 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Also, nice way to change the topic completely. 

man i just wanted an answer... you didn't want to answer until you knew my stance on the subject.. guess you didn't want to answer till you got an opportunity to talk down to me... that's fine...

44 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Fair enough, but I'm not gonna entertain that shit. 

there you go again...

peace be with you brother...

Bolivia.

27 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Doesn't really seem like you're taking this seriously.

well it started as a general question then people tried to make it about me for some reason... at that point i guess i should take it personal but then again that wouldn't bring me any closer to an answer... at the end of the day i still get to learn about people and how they react to the friendzone and women's friendships... just because im not talking down to people and judging them that doesn't mean im not getting my answers.

image.png.190746f12c14b7237f84517e7e5008dd.png

Bolivia.

You can only be put in the friend zone if you are trying to be friends with someone. Everything that you've said points to wanting nothing but sex from the person, which isn't a really a friendship. Hence the meme. If you're not trying to be their friend, you can't be put in the friend zone. It's not rocket science to understand.

It's really not hard to be friends with women. At all.  You don't help your buddies move heavy stuff? Or offer them advice?

The fact that you can't seem to control your hormones enough to do so is, quite frankly, pathetic.

Your answers after that, though, just make you sound like a total womanizing dick.

At least you do realize that Tinder can be a place to find people of like mind.

On 9/22/2018 at 1:54 PM, SupremeGOAT said:

Yes, actually there are women on Tinder that look for actual relationships.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Step 1:  Get a VR Headset

Step 2:  Buy some trash weeb VR title

Step 3:  Get a VR waifu

Step 4:  Profit?

I think thats how it works?

Spoiler

Low key if you are trying to get in a relationship or get to date someone tell em off the bat.  Don't beat around the bush.  Worst that happens is they say no.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:33 PM, dizmo said:

You can only be put in the friend zone if you are trying to be friends with someone.

In popular culture, the friend zone is a situation in which one member of a friendship wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not. It is generally considered to be an undesirable situation for the rejected person. < googled friendzone. 

Everything that you've said points to wanting nothing but sex from the person, which isn't a really a friendship.

You're making this about me instead of the title -.o. Nothing wrong with casual consensual sexual relations o.O

If you're not trying to be their friend, you can't be put in the friend zone. It's not rocket science to understand.

...I think the general consensus of the meme is : being in the friendzone is ok as long as you're ok with being friends with women. You're right its not rocket science...

It's really not hard to be friends with women.

Speak for yourself. Some women find it hard to be friends with women...

You don't help your buddies move heavy stuff? Or offer them advice?

I do those things without hesitation and vice versa... The thing is my friends call me for more than that and in the end we end up enjoying ourselves because we sync well. I don't like what most women like and that's just me. If I should move something for a female "friend" that's where the story ends. no plot development no nothing o,o

The fact that you can't seem to control your hormones enough to do so is, quite frankly, pathetic.

Well that'll fix things... I have no problems with helping a coworker move her stuff... The fact that I'm not gonna hang with her afterwards or find common ground because i have no interest in her interests would prove the opposite.I just don't want her to call me again.

Your answers after that, though, just make you sound like a total womanizing dick.

womanizer: a man who engages in numerous casual sexual affairs with women. definition by google

... why would that make me a dick?

Yes and i can only imagine what you would say to the women with similar mind frames on that are on tinder

well to each their own o,o

I personally think the concept of the friendzone is accurate, however tolerating it is optional and there in lies the enigma... to want something you cannot have, to ignore your wants and accept something you didn't want. To be vilified for walking away from what you don't want because you didn't get what you wanted. The dynamic of the friendzone is predictable and brings to surface only questions of why... why bother? why not? This divide is inevitable and being humans with a plethora of personalities along with variable mental and emotional states we would easily fall into either category. I do understand that it would be difficult to fully comprehend the opposition's point of view on the matter hence the thread. Please understand your personal insults will not bring you closer to understanding anything... after all we're all adults (sometimes).

Bolivia.

Been with my wife since before 9th grade (now 34), was friendzoned for 2 years prior.

What it took?  Being sick and tired of being in the friendzone so I asked out the 1 girl she hated who said yes (I think just because they hated each other, I didn't care...boobies!).  I didn't want to date her per say I was just tired of being "not" needed and seeing her have time for other guys.  So I WAS going to move on, but luckily she took it serious and knew she was losing me.  It worked out for me to be friendzoned, however in this day and age I don't advise it.  In the early 90's things were different when it comes to communication modicums etc.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Men and women can't "just be friends" sooner you realize this the better off you'll be.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

On 9/25/2018 at 10:33 PM, dizmo said:

You can only be put in the friend zone if you are trying to be friends with someone. Everything that you've said points to wanting nothing but sex from the person, which isn't a really a friendship. Hence the meme. If you're not trying to be their friend, you can't be put in the friend zone. It's not rocket science to understand.

It's really not hard to be friends with women. At all.  You don't help your buddies move heavy stuff? Or offer them advice?

Any women who needs a date app to get a date will come with baggage. Either physically or mentally.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.