Linus and Slick - OS X iSwitched?

So, on the stream today, Linus and Slick mentioned (semi-humorously) whether they should do a Mac OS X iSwitched series. 

I have some OS X experience, and think it would be very interesting if Linus and Slick tried it out for a while. 

Should they? What's your opinion?

And, please, don't flame. PLEASE. This is not about whether OS X or Linux or Windows is superior. This is about whether Linus and/or Slick should do an iSwitched series. 

Edit:

P.S. Please DO vote. It is your duty as a denizen of the LinusTechTips forum. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Do it guys, it would be changing.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Nah, lets all go back to windows 95 for 30 days.

Much higher quality.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2450M @ 2.5Ghz RAM: 8GB GPU: HD Radeon 7470M (Potato) Mobo: No idea, probably a pumpkin.

My computer is a laptop.

BF3 on minimum settings = 25fps @ 720p

NO!

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Would be cool a linux from scratch iSwitch.

And f**k twitch can't watch the stream.

Signatures are stupid.

I think it's a good idea if gaming isn't considered, even a Linux iSwitched would be good, but OSX is better for everyday use in reality with it's far superior application support.

Nah, lets all go back to windows 95 for 30 days.

Much higher quality.

Anyone who says this doesn't know sh*t about UNIX or operating systems in general.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

os x is a legitimately good os  i prefer using it over my windows install

It is legitimate. The only thing I really hate about windows are registries.

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I have used it for a week for Photoshop purposes on a Mac Pro and I did not quite like it.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Well I'd like to see them try both Linux Steam OS and the Mac OS X/10 as they're new to me since my knowledge and experience with Mac and Linux is limited.

For using Mac I think they should allow Edzel or Brandon to use Adobe Creative Suite to demonstrate how someone from a personal computer is moving from Windows to Mac OS X/10.

For Linux I don't mind however I want more commentators from the Linus Tech Tips Team to input their opinions to further enhance the range of opinion.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Would be cool a linux from scratch iSwitch.

And f**k twitch can't watch the stream.

Lagging for me as well. I was watching last week on my mobile phone HTC one x fail :(

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I think it's a good idea if gaming isn't considered, even a Linux iSwitched would be good, but OSX is better for everyday use in reality with it's far superior application support.

Anyone who says this doesn't know sh*t about UNIX or operating systems in general.

*shit

Windows 95 was fantastic! So was 2000 and XP. Vista was crap, 7 was good. My favourite OS would have to be Win ME.

EDIT: I'm kidding, ME was nearly as buggy as all of Bethesdas games combined.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2450M @ 2.5Ghz RAM: 8GB GPU: HD Radeon 7470M (Potato) Mobo: No idea, probably a pumpkin.

My computer is a laptop.

It is legitimate. The only thing I really hate about windows are registries.

I wouldn't really know actually, I have never used any of apples OS's. I prefer windows and linux, mainly windows because of software compatibility.

My computer is a laptop.

@LinusTech DO IT

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I wonder if this iSwitch would last longer than @Slick 's switch to Blackberry...

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I have a imac under my desk (2013), used it for like 2 months, I didn't even bootcamp it, it just sits there.... wanting to take my soul

*shit

Windows 95 was fantastic! So was 2000 and XP. Vista was crap, 7 was good. My favourite OS would have to be Win ME.

EDIT: I'm kidding, ME was nearly as buggy as all of Bethesdas games combined.

I couldn't stand 2000 and me, but I did like 95,98 and xp, I didnt like vista and 7 but I did like 8.1 + start menu program 

I don't see what this would prove or show.  With OSX Being a capable mainstream OS the reality is for the end user it is either suitable or not (which is quite easy to work out without an iswitched video), doing an iswitched for a less popular or free OS would be more interesting.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It would be pretty interesting to see their alternatives on the programs that they use on Windows. And try streaming using a Mac. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

It would be pretty interesting to see their alternatives on the programs that they use on Windows. And try streaming using a Mac. :)

it would be cheap too, I was in Kmart today as saw they had a whole heap of mac pros for $20:

macpro.png

trolololololollollollololololo :D

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So, on the stream today, Linus and Slick mentioned (semi-humorously) whether they should do a Mac OS X iSwitched series. 

I have some OS X experience, and think it would be very interesting if Linus and Slick tried it out for a while. 

Should they? What's your opinion?

And, please, don't flame. PLEASE. This is not about whether OS X or Linux or Windows is superior. This is about whether Linus and/or Slick should do an iSwitched series. 

Edit:

P.S. Please DO vote. It is your duty as a denizen of the LinusTechTips forum. 

OS X is my OS of choice :D, I think they would be surprised how much they would like it.