Warranty across EU

Edin4

Hi all, 

in the UK but looking at prices across The EU. Some countries potentially a good bit cheaper than here. 

Does anyone know if the warranty is affected by living in one EU state but buying from another?

I suspect not but not sure at all. 

Thanks

I'm sure there is EU law covering this, but that could well be irrelevant in the space of a few months, so I wouldn't waste time even reading up on it and just stick to buying expensive items in the UK for the time being.

Nop. Living in Austria most of my orders come from germany and I still get the 2-years minimum warranty. Might want to check uk consumer laws if they cover it

Since the UK is set to Brexit in 2019, you should be taking into consideration EU warranty rules might not apply anymore and might even invalidate the warranty agreement. Brexit date is scheduled for 29th of march, so roughly 6 months away.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

As long as you have your invoice from purchase manufacturers warranty will be valid wherever you are.

Usually it varies between brands. For example Kingston handles all warranties through store you used. While Sennheiser allows you to go through local office. The two companies I've had to look this up. You got warranty either way, and you have it as it was regulated in country you bought from. But whether you can do warranty claims through local branch or have to send product back to store will vary.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

God bless America

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

In all the EU purchases you get 2 years warranty. Even if you live outside the EU. It's the law.

3 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

God bless America

Yeah, god bless just 1 year of warranty coverage. In the EU 2 years is mandatory, and you can even claim warranty beyond that in some countries on account of having the right to receive a product that is sound, and remains sound within a time that's deemed reasonable. This is usually somewhere between 3-5 years depending on the product. Expensive consumer electronics usually apply for that.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Yeah, god bless just 1 year of warranty coverage. In the EU 2 years is mandatory, and you can even claim warranty beyond that in some countries on account of having the right to receive a product that is sound, and remains sound within a time that's deemed reasonable. This is usually somewhere between 3-5 years depending on the product. Expensive consumer electronics usually apply for that.

i think it was just nationalism turrets as it had nothing to do with the topic

Thanks all. 

Yes EU and Brexit good point. Forgot it was in March!

found Amazon uk selling 8700k on sale for £303.99.

Out of stock at the moment and might be for a while but that’s ok as I’m waiting to see what happens with GPU’s and choose one then. Got one on order then. 

Is 8700k £304 a ‘really’ good price or think that it might drop to say £250-275 in Black Friday deals?

6 hours ago, Edin4 said:

Is 8700k £304 a ‘really’ good price or think that it might drop to say £250-275 in Black Friday deals?

I don't think so. CPUs aren't ones to drop, and definitely not the top ones.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8700k back in stock at Amazon at £304 so it’s arriving on Sunday. 30 days to return should give me time in case prices change or 9700k is very affordable.