Sharkoon SHARK Blades [FAN]

old reece frost

So a brand called Sharkoon just uploaded a YouTube video showing off their new fans, and they look absolutely stunning.

But how do they perform?
Well, on their website they state that the fan will be silent

The special 3D curved design with striped air guides steers the airflow straight through the fan blades, thus preventing air turbulence - the main cause of wind noise. Even after many hours of use, the fan remains silent due to the end of the guides having special ‘shark’ teeth to reduce both drag and dust build-up. This shark can bite, so chose one of the several different brightly colored air guides to confirm that it’s running (since you won’t hear it…) in order to protect your fingers while working inside your computer. 

While I do know that the fans look sexy, I do not know if what they are saying will be the full picture, they also listed the specs of the fan on their website

Specifications:
  • Rated voltage: 12 V (DC)
  • Operating voltage: 10.8V – 13.2 V (DC)
  • Rated current: 0.1 A (max. 0.15 A)
  • Rated power: 1.2 W
  • Fan speed:  1000 rpm 
  • Start voltage: 7 V (DC)
  • Max. airflow: ~56m³/h (33 CFM)   
  • Max air pressure: 2.63 mm-H2O
  • Noise level: 19 dB (A)
  • Bearing type: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
  • Weight: 120 g
  • Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25 mm (L x W x H) 

Now I'm not a fan guy, so I don't know what all this means, but if you are a fan guy, you will see how good/bad these specs look, they also list a bunch of features and other stuff that you can see by checking out their website

If those Specs are True. Damn they are As good as Noctua NF-F12 without Speed Reduction if not better!

To bad Sharkoon suck..

I'll have to OT but you just confused the heck out of me, is "to bad" correct? It's just I almost daily see it on the forums

I know that I confuse loose and lose, but do I confuse to and too also?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Looks like it's made to be more of radiator and intake fan from its low cfm and high static pressure.Could be a good option for themed watercooling rigs if the specs are to be trusted,although you see certain brands like coolermaster rating their fans at higher static pressure or lower dba than they actually perform at,so it seems a bit too good to be true,almost like one of those things that'll turn out to be a gimmick.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I'll be excited after I see some 3rd Party reviews, but thanks for bringing this to my attention. These would fit well in some case mods I'm sure.

Dont give a fuck about performance, im buying the yellow one.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Looks pretty nice with the stripes in the blades but want to see one perform in a store so I can see if they are quiet and good imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Looks pretty nice with the stripes in the blades but want to see one perform in a store so I can see if they are quiet and good imo.

Those are what sells them imo  :P 

I think they look smashing when they spin, might buy a few

I'll have to OT but you just confused the heck out of me, is "to bad" correct? It's just I almost daily see it on the forums

I know that I confuse loose and lose, but do I confuse to and too also?

you made my mind explode

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I only own one sharkoon product, their fireglider mouse, and I love it. It has been working perfectly for the past 6+ years, the software is very simple and works well. It has come to a point where I want a new mouse, but this one just keeps on working properly. I have told myself a few years ago to get a new mouse once this one flakes out once and it has not happened once yet.

I don't know how good their fans are, but damn, they look amazing.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I only own one sharkoon product, their fireglider mouse, and I love it. It has been working perfectly for the past 6+ years, the software is very simple and works well. It has come to a point where I want a new mouse, but this one just keeps on working properly. I have told myself a few years ago to get a new mouse once this one flakes out once and it has not happened once yet.

I don't know how good their fans are, but damn, they look amazing.

The Fireglider is amazing, I used to own one :D, mine 'broke' when I tried to mod it, and I snapped off the left and right click. And then Christmas came around and my parents decided to buy the most expensive mouse they could find.