Good Pedal+Wheel+Shifter combo for under 200$?

YourNewPalAlex

I wanna get into driving on a wheel and pedals. For cheap.

Pedals have to have clutch accelerator and brake. Shifter has to have 6 gears including reverse, and has to have that hard feeling to put into gears, not like grinding but not like buttery smooth either. Wheel HAS to have more then fucking 90C turning circle, because the one i have is 90 and its fucking frustrating!!! Doesnt have to be from some known brand, or have leather, all it has to do is work. Also dont really care if the pedals are inverted or not. 

I use logitech G25 and i love it...it's cheap and reliable and it works well.

G27 is a bit better.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 hour ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

G27 is a bit better.

isnt that not selled new anymore?

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

G27 is a bit better.

also its 400 and up, i said 200 man. Im not rich ffs

1 hour ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

isnt that not selled new anymore?

27 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

also its 400 and up, i said 200 man. Im not rich ffs

i bought mine used for 150$

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

There are a butt-load of G25 and G27's on the market used. And if you want even cheaper, you can get Driving Force GT's for even less. All three are great cheaper first wheels. all have 900 degrees of rotation, a decent range of buttons. The DFGT lacks a clutch and H-patter shifter though.

I udnerstand why you'd want to buy new, but steering wheels aren't the cheapest peripherals. I believe you can still get the Thrustmaster T300 new, which whilst not too cheap compared to the used logitech offerings, may suit your requirements.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

There are a butt-load of G25 and G27's on the market used. And if you want even cheaper, you can get Driving Force GT's for even less. All three are great cheaper first wheels. all have 900 degrees of rotation, a decent range of buttons. The DFGT lacks a clutch and H-patter shifter though.

I udnerstand why you'd want to buy new, but steering wheels aren't the cheapest peripherals. I believe you can still get the Thrustmaster T300 new, which whilst not too cheap compared to the used logitech offerings, may suit your requirements.

duuuuude 350$ is alot, i cant go used because i have the worst local market in the world and ebay isnt known here so ill have a hard time trying to tell my parents to go for ebay. 

@YourNewPalAlex Theeerreees a T150 as well? I think it's more entry level.

I'd love a T500rs, that's the discontinued top-end Thrustmaster wheel. But they hold STRONG money...I wouldn't really steer away from logitech or thrustmaster, other companies offer wheels but aren't as experienced making them, so they're generally not as good. 

What will you be using it with? Arcade or sim? 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

4 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

@YourNewPalAlex Theeerreees a T150 as well? I think it's more entry level.

I'd love a T500rs, that's the discontinued top-end Thrustmaster wheel. But they hold STRONG money...I wouldn't really steer away from logitech or thrustmaster, other companies offer wheels but aren't as experienced making them, so they're generally not as good. 

What will you be using it with? Arcade or sim? 

I like your pun there lol, lets clear something up, not going for serius racing, just having fun on rfactor 2 driftin around lol. 

...ohmygod I didn't even realise I made a pun! I MEAN AH HAA, yes you spotted it...um :ph34r:

That's cool, so you'd definitely not want to go to other brands because they'll all be super arcadey. I had a console wheel ones that was 180 degrees lock to lock, it was....terrible. With drifting you want more lock(although I've tried drifting with the full 900 degrees it's hard. The sweet spot is 540 for me)

Might be best trying to find a good deal on a T150 then. I read up a bit more, they're not a terrible spec.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

33 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

...ohmygod I didn't even realise I made a pun! I MEAN AH HAA, yes you spotted it...um :ph34r:

That's cool, so you'd definitely not want to go to other brands because they'll all be super arcadey. I had a console wheel ones that was 180 degrees lock to lock, it was....terrible. With drifting you want more lock(although I've tried drifting with the full 900 degrees it's hard. The sweet spot is 540 for me)

Might be best trying to find a good deal on a T150 then. I read up a bit more, they're not a terrible spec.

hahahah yeah i did lol

Eh its not really that cool, because all you do is u download a mod on a bmw e46 m3 and crank up the power to 600hp and just skid. Reeeeally fun and the good thing is i got that good i drifted with my keyboard

9 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

I got that good I drifted with my keyboard

Damn. This is going to be so different! Probably the only person I know who has rFactor 2 and isn't using a wheel, so that's a first lol

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

13 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

Damn. This is going to be so different! Probably the only person I know who has rFactor 2 and isn't using a wheel, so that's a first lol

lol i also drifted on assetto with the same method lol

1 hour ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

eh used i dont really like that.

Don't worry about they're built like tanks and they last forever...and MOST people don,t use them much...that's why they sell them is they don't and almost never used them...they bought them thinking it would be cool, but only now is it getting really amazing with modern racing sims and VR headsets and stuff.

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Don't worry about they're built like tanks and they last forever...and MOST people don,t use them much...that's why they sell them is they don't and almost never used them...they bought them thinking it would be cool, but only now is it getting really amazing with modern racing sims and VR headsets and stuff.

if i could get used i would, but i dont have any local market here and ebay isnt trusted since alot of people complain here.

What wheel do you run @i_build_nanosuits ? :) 

Alex what about buying from ebay in a different country, from someone that's willing to ship international?

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

1 minute ago, Ross Siggers said:

Alex what about buying from ebay in a different country, from someone that's willing to ship international?

its not me, its my parents since they dont trust ebay there is no way of making them think its good.

15 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

Logitech G25...it's absoluetly great...especially for 150$ :)

Ah nice. I'm on a DFGT, but I've had a pretty decent setup in the past. I simply don't have as much spare money to throw at sim racing anymore! :D 

I've had a G25, and used a G27...feel pretty similar. Hopefully I can get a hold of a G920 to test out at some point, I'd like to think they've stepped the game up over the last...*checks* TWELVE YEARSsince the G25 came out??? :o 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

You're not getting anything decent new for less than $350. Especially not a full setup. Running the TM route will cost you about $600 total last I checked. Fanatec is better quality, but also a bit pricier.

The Logitech G29/920 or whatever it's called is basically an updated G27. You're looking at either craptastic wheels, or the used market, regardless of how terrible it is there. Sorry man, but this stupid little hobby with stupid little plastic wheels doesn't come cheap.

#Muricaparrotgang