New gaming pc limited to 60fps

MrEleven1181

My daughters pc wont go above 60fps is any game so i am guessing its locked to that by some setting because on the first day she was getting about 100fps on gta5 now on games like csgo it will not go above 60 ?

Sounds like you enabled Vsync is a setting somewhere

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

1 minute ago, rcmaehl said:

Sounds like you enabled Vsync is a setting somewhere

So would i just disable that on Nvidia control panel? 

If you disable VSYNC and she's using a 60hz monitor it could create screen tearing. What monitor is being used? 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, MrEleven1181 said:

Correct.

Actually, probably better to set it to Use the 3D Application Setting.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Just now, MrEleven1181 said:

Yes. Should be listed as VSync or Vertical Sync. May be under 3D settings. You'll want it set to OFF.

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Just now, rcmaehl said:

Yes. Should be listed as VSync or Vertical Sync. May be under 3D settings. You'll want it set to OFF.

Why? VSYNC is there for a reason. Unless you have a high refreshrate montior you want it capped at 60fps. Well outside CS:GO

8 minutes ago, App4that said:

Why? VSYNC is there for a reason. Unless you have a high refreshrate montior you want it capped at 60fps. Well outside CS:GO

Any fast paced games you'll want to have VSYNC disabled to reduce input lag. OP never specified what games are being played but I'm assuming they want it disabled.

1 hour ago, rcmaehl said:

Any fast paced games you'll want to have VSYNC disabled to reduce input lag. OP never specified what games are being played but I'm assuming they want it disabled.

VSYNC can cause input lag, but so can the dispay devise. 

Some games are fine with VSYNC off on a 60hz, others are a tear fest. SO ideally you go on a game by game scenario. SOme games benefit from producing more frames than can be displayed, others are a total waste. 

Perrsonally I'd rather turn VSYNC off in the games options menu in those few games that benefit, than use a global setting that removes that choice. 

1 hour ago, App4that said:

If you disable VSYNC and she's using a 60hz monitor it could create screen tearing. What monitor is being used? 

Yea its just a 60hz monitor so am a actually better just keeping it on then ?

11 hours ago, App4that said:

VSYNC can cause input lag, but so can the dispay devise. 

Some games are fine with VSYNC off on a 60hz, others are a tear fest. SO ideally you go on a game by game scenario. SOme games benefit from producing more frames than can be displayed, others are a total waste. 

Perrsonally I'd rather turn VSYNC off in the games options menu in those few games that benefit, than use a global setting that removes that choice. 

i play a lot of games

got a GTX980TI

and a 1080P 60hz monitor

and i just hate it when i only get 60 frames in games ( not even talking about Justice league , as that one is capped at 30 frames ) 

why else would i need a nice graphic card and low frames ?

there are some games that does not work well above 60 frames , but most games does :D

and to speak against Vsync

in some games i even get screen tearing with vsync on instead off ... look at FP shooters

if you turn around quickly or to fast for the frames to follow then 60 frames is to low :D

also if you got framedrops , above 60 frames they do not drop that many , with framecap they do drop below 60 frames ( as it does not pre render ? )

please note , this is just from own experiance , not calculating my other factors in it like a I3 and 5600 RPM  HD 

anyway

for the OP

@MrEleven1181

keep it on if your screen start to tear ( like skipping frames  ) 

keep it off if you do not have that problem

all frames above 60 on a 60hz monitor will go to waste , but it still fills up the buffer as they still get generated but only not displayed

same as i can put my screensize on 2K or even 4K and display it on a 1080P monitor :D (nvidea control panel ) 

it lowers my frames a lot , but it makes the game a bit smoother as it generate bigger images ( atleast if i play diablo 3 ) 

or in short , it does not harm to keep it on or off , as long it does not generate screen tearing and if you keep your frames at 60 ( 59 - 60 ) 

Greets From PowerChaos

If you see strange text like this

then you can be sure I use a mobile.

All info provided is to help you. I can not garantee That iT is 100% correct. Apply my solution at OWN risk. Just like overclocking has everything a risk

glad to help you

greets from PowerChaos