3DMark score for RTX 2080 Ti leaks

asim1999
11 minutes ago, NowakVulpix said:

But but Delicieuxz, how much of your life do you not want to have ray tracing? It'll be worth it, I swear. These checks from Nvidia say so.

:P 

Like i said previously

Rt had been being pushed for long ass time Especially from devs and Intel was trying it on larrabee

And that was practically a decade ago

So its not just nvidia

Why post crap if you don't know the history of your said crap

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

Like i said previously

Rt had been being pushed for long ass time Especially from devs and Intel was trying it on larrabee

And that was practically a decade ago

So its not just nvidia

Why post crap if you don't know the history of your said crap

I'm poking at the infamous "Just Buy It" article

1 minute ago, NowakVulpix said:

I'm poking at the infamous "Just Buy It" article

Opinion articles will always be there especially when others want a tech or feature to be used 

Almost political or religious in a sense

My party/god/etc does this better than yours

But this isn't about beliefs this is pure numbers of performance and visuals are performance because if visuals weren't performance then why bitch about 4k numbers or upscaling downscaling or aa or even fps

Just now, pas008 said:

Opinion articles will always be there especially when others want a tech or feature to be used 

Almost political or religious in a sense

My party/god/etc does this better than yours

But this isn't about beliefs this is pure numbers of performance and visuals are performance because if visuals weren't performance then why bitch about 4k numbers or upscaling downscaling or aa or even fps

I'm being facetious, dude.

1 minute ago, NowakVulpix said:

I'm being facetious, dude.

And I'm just pointing shit out

Many are a negative Nancy

Look at game works aka gimp works

Gives Subjectively better graphics and people bitch why causes fps drop on all ends but devs get to save fucking cash which is the fucking problem today 

More tools more optimizing 

Creating an triple a game today is luck and very costly

Its like a fucking movie at times with half the actors and only lasts half time like it use to be

So i support anything that will let them create the next best thing

9 hours ago, pas008 said:

Like i said previously

I would honestly love to see a Video on this background stuff.

RT seems damn interesting and I loved what I saw on stage.

Hearing more and more devs excited for it (along with the tensor stuff) and hearing Intel also wants to do this is amazing.

Sounds like we may actually see a real shift to a better tech here and not just wishful thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Bring the hate...

qzW9HBK.png

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

13 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

OK.

Prepare yourself:

That card looks like plastic!

have fun with that beast tho. ;-)

It is just a placeholder until the 2080 ti FTW3 Hybrid is released.  :D

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Really not liking the design choices made by EVGA this time round. Looks so tacky. Please EVGA make the next gen more elegant. We already have MSI for all those edgy gamer-y stuff :P

18 minutes ago, 7nationarmy said:

Really not liking the design choices made by EVGA this time round. Looks so tacky. Please EVGA make the next gen more elegant. We already have MSI for all those edgy gamer-y stuff :P

I really don't care what it looks like.  For the most part I only see the profile.  EVGA warranty has pulled through for me MANY times...most recently replacing a flakey 980ti with a 1080 FTW RGB under warranty and cross shipped 2day shipping.  They have earned my business.

50 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

I really don't care what it looks like.  For the most part I only see the profile.  EVGA warranty has pulled through for me MANY times...most recently replacing a flakey 980ti with a 1080 FTW RGB under warranty and cross shipped 2day shipping.  They have earned my business.

For me the coolers come off anyway and full blocks get put on in their place, I just find the best one power delivery wise that is supported by EKWB.

55 minutes ago, leadeater said:

For me the coolers come off anyway and full blocks get put on in their place, I just find the best one power delivery wise that is supported by EKWB.

I may go full custom loop this time around.  EVGA usually is top notch power delivery wise.  Their 1080ti ftw3 was very beefy. 

2 hours ago, TahoeDust said:

I may go full custom loop this time around.  EVGA usually is top notch power delivery wise.  Their 1080ti ftw3 was very beefy. 

3 hours ago, TahoeDust said:

True. I have an EVGA card myself. Never had any issues. My current build is a fully closed SFF so I don't care about how it looks inside my rig, but with the trend towards TG and vertically mounted GPUs lately I think cooler design will be important. Not to mention that it will look better for all those marketing/promotional stuff.

On 02/09/2018 at 10:07 PM, valdyrgramr said:

Ya, but the thing is when companies want their money back they stack it onto the costs like this.  I'm not defending it I'm just saying they all do it.

But, for all the new shit they added to these things I can see why they're doing it.  AMD did it with Vega over the HBM2 bs.

"

New features in Turing:

CUDA Compute Capability ?.? (traditional rasterized shaders)

Raytracing (RT) core

Tensor (AI) core

Memory controller with GDDR6 support

DisplayPort 1.4a with Display Stream Compression (DSC) 1.2

GPU Boost 4

NVLink Bridge with VRAM stacking pooling memory from multiple cards

VirtualLink VR"

All that together is what they're charging the consumer plus the RND tax.  I'm not saying the price is justified I'm just saying what they're doing it for.

hbm is super expensive though, and is in very short supply due to being used on very high end fpgas and Ai cards, 

most of those features were developed before turing or don't represent large investments (as in not out of the ordinary):

Tensor core - in V100

RT core - tweaks to the tensor core for better performance in rt, probably by increasing the caches

nvlink - already available for a long time in datacenter cards, was simply disabled 

the only reason for the higher prices is very simple, Rt takes a lot of die space and nvidea doesnt want to go back to their old margins per mm² (when XX80 ti cards were slightly cut down X100 dies and not the current X102)