AMD Head of Computing & Graphics Jim Anderson division leaves AMD (and puppet master Apple conspiracy theory)

RobbinM

Jim Anderson will be leaving AMD's Computing & Graphics division for a job at fpga-maker Lattice.

AMD appoints Saeid Moshkelani, who was leader of the Semi-Custom division.

AMD has said this in an announcement. At the same time, Lattice Semiconductor announced that Jim Anderson will be CEO of the company from sept 4th ongoing.

To PCWorld, a spokesperson from AMD told that Anderson always had the ambition to become CEO.

Anderson was senior vice president and general manager AMD, what made him responsible for the business side of things, not so much for making GPU's or CPU's.

Saeid Moshkelani has been working at AMD since 2012, and was head of the Semi-Custom division, which grew a lot under him, AMD made contracts with both Sony and Microsoft for supplying apu's in consoles.

Anderson is not the first head to roll at AMD. Last year, Radeon's Raja Koduri left the company to work on GPU's at Intel. In April, marketinghead Chris Hook left AMD for Intel as well. (source).

AMD-Graphics-card-Division-2.png

-------------------------------

Great, another setback for AMD.... How will they survive? This is not looking good for the ones with AMD stocks ;) 

Wait a minute! Put on your tinfoil hats!

Apple has been using Lattice chips in their devices. (They even bought Lattice for $200M)

It looks like they are the real puppet masters here, placing all the puppets in the locations they want them to be.

All these transfers of tech people are to Apples advantage. They must have been looking at professional sports teams a lot.

I might just go Forrest Gump on this one...

No signature found

Ow yeah.

The Apple logo is ON TOP of the Intel logo on an AMD slide.

Conspiracy theory confirmed :P

No signature found

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

For some reason, seeing the Intel logo in the "Radeon Technology is Everywhere" part of the slide makes me chuckle.

Could care-less about the Star Wars franchise but...

Intel in a nutshell

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

He worked through toughest times with last days of FX before Zen though. And everything else as far as 7nm products is on track now so. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 8/28/2018 at 8:20 PM, Okjoek said:

Funny cause it's true.

EpazJGvMHT34rD4KCR5qC6-480-80.jpg

:ph34r:

As far as I can tell Lattice was never acquired by apple?

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

On 8/29/2018 at 1:13 PM, Dan Castellaneta said:

For some reason, seeing the Intel logo in the "Radeon Technology is Everywhere" part of the slide makes me chuckle.

When I first saw it my thought was I bet AMD felt as smug and victorious as all get out putting that there.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

As far as I can tell Lattice was never acquired by apple?

So after have a good look over the internet it seems that there are two companies with that name.

Lattice semi and Lattice Data. The first being the chips and the second being AI. And it's Lattice Data that Apple acquired.

I couldn't really find if the companies were linked or just happened to have a similar name, I'd place my bets on the first.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Weird company name to begin with.

Banana+Lettuce+Wrap+0.jpg

Banana for scale.

No signature found

-Moved to General Discussion-

Due to failure to meet Tech News posting guidelines, this thread has been moved to General Discussion.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!