how do i breakup with her?

saif96

so im dealing with some issue, i really want to break up with my gf, but i dont know how, i havent seen her since her birthday at February, and havent had a decent talk with her since march shes so distant and i asked why shes like that she said shes in a phase where she doesnt want to talk to anyone, its been months now and i havent seen or talked to her, and theirs just no possibility of me meeting her because her parents rarely allow her to leave the house and she never picks up the phone so my only option is to text which takes her 6-24hours to reply each text which is insane.

i cant deal with this anymore ive been talking with my ex alot and i really wanna get back with her, how do i breakup with my current gf, seeing her face to face or a phone call is out of the question the only thing possible is texting, i know thats a bad way to do it but its the only way, so what should i text her? do you think she even wants to be with me anymore? at this point i really hope not. 

Just now, JoeyDM said:

This question always has just one answer: just fucking do it. 

i will, but what do i say..

1 minute ago, saif96 said:

"I think we should break up."

1 minute ago, saif96 said:

pretty much what you said to us

i havent seen her since her birthday at February, and havent had a decent talk with her since march shes so distant

she never picks up the phone so my only option is to text which takes her 6-24hours to reply each text which is insane.

i cant deal with this anymore

I'd leave off the ex part, it makes it sound like you're cheating currently

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

"I think we should break up."

do you think she wants to break up based on her behaviour? or do you think its just a phase that'll change soon?

3 minutes ago, saif96 said:

do you think she wants to break up based on her behaviour? or do you think its just a phase that'll change soon?

At this point it doesn't matter. Don't make drama, just short and to the point.

Still adamant on your previous decision huh..

Send her a message saying you want to talk, when she replies tell her how you feel and explain why you want to break up with her. Just don't bring up the part about your ex.

2 minutes ago, saif96 said:

If she doesn't have a reason behind it then it's better for you two to just end it.. no point in staying in a one sided relationship.

Good luck

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Still adamant on your previous decision huh..

Send her a message saying you want to talk, when she replies tell her how you feel and explain why you want to break up with her. Just don't bring up the part about your ex.

If she doesn't have a reason behind it then it's better for you two to just end it.. no point in staying in a one sided relationship.

Good luck

thats actually a good answer thats exactly what i was thinking, but do you think i should do it now? or in a few months?

maybe the more i wait the easier it gets for her to accept it??

Just now, saif96 said:

thats actually a good answer thats exactly what i was thinking, but do you think i should do it now? or in a few months?

Whenever you want to, really.

I don't think sooner or later will really change much going by what your relationship looks like currently.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, saif96 said:

do you think i should do it now? or in a few months?

Do you have a valid reason to stay with her?

4 minutes ago, saif96 said:

maybe the more i wait the easier it gets for her to accept it??

if things haven't been getting better over the past few months, what makes you think it'll get better in the future?

Did things get better within those months or were they just going downhill since the first days this happened?

I'm never good at goodbyes, so I just say I'm gay. Works well, but always tell the truth really and not what I do. 

To be honest with you, I'd just be honest with her, I've had to do this a few times and every time was difficult but when it came to the breaking point I had to do it for my own mind. 

Staying with someone you know you can't grow a future with or can't even talk to is so toxic as your always thinking on what to do next. Often that next step is to break up. 

She obviously has some issues she needs to deal with before she thinks of getting into a relationship again and perhaps ending it now will be good for the both of you as she is just pushing you away and your trying to get closer. 

Best way to leave someone is just to say:

"This isn't working out between us, your distant and not even bothering to reply to me, I'm trying everything I can to help but every time you push me away it burns. I can't go on like this and think that its better if we split up, I'm sorry but this is whats best for me and possibly for you as well. I hope we can be friends but I understand if you don't" 

Worst way is:

Do you want to see a magic trick? ... Poof your single! 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

In my personal experience I would say  try to explain to them in detail why you are breaking up with them, what aspects about them pulled you away. And don't make it too hard, remind them of their good traits too. I only dumped someone once, and it wasn't too serious of a relationship- I told him that we should just be friends, and he understood. He wasn't upset at all and agreed it was for the best, we weren't too good of a match for each other partner wise. We were much better off just being friends- dating people just makes you more prone to fighting with them and adds in other complications.

If she isn't talking to you frequently, then it is hard to keep a relationship with them, and you should also explain that.

52 minutes ago, saif96 said:

do you think she wants to break up based on her behaviour?

Yes?

If she's been distant for a while without any explanation, it's quite possible that she wants to end it too.

Even if she doesn't, that kind a behavior is unacceptable in a couple without a very good reason.(like her single mother is on her death bed so she needs to work 16 hours a day to feed her 3 younger siblings and is too tired to deal with you... But really that's unrealistic and highly unlikely.)

If there's no way for you to talk to her or meet her, just send her a text "I'm breaking up with your unresponsive ass", or word it however you want... the magic trick that @Sousuke mentioned is a good one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

You're the same fella who asked what to do with your ex and current girlfriend two weeks ago.

I said it before, and I'll say it again - You just need to come out and tell her that you are not interested in being in a relationship with her anymore.

1 hour ago, saif96 said:

so im dealing with some issue, i really want to break up with my gf, but i dont know how, i havent seen her since her birthday at February, and havent had a decent talk with her since march shes so distant and i asked why shes like that she said shes in a phase where she doesnt want to talk to anyone, its been months now and i havent seen or talked to her, and theirs just no possibility of me meeting her because her parents rarely allow her to leave the house and she never picks up the phone so my only option is to text which takes her 6-24hours to reply each text which is insane.

i cant deal with this anymore ive been talking with my ex alot and i really wanna get back with her, how do i breakup with my current gf, seeing her face to face or a phone call is out of the question the only thing possible is texting, i know thats a bad way to do it but its the only way, so what should i text her? do you think she even wants to be with me anymore? at this point i really hope not. 

I don't like you no more. I don't want to see you no more. I dont wanna talk to you no more. I don't wanna be your bf no more. 

Hang up, put her on blacklist. Done!

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, saif96 said:

At this point, just text her and say "I've been thinking about this for some time, and I've decided that we need to break up".

I'd suggest that you do not say something like "I think we should break up", because that gives her room to argue for staying together, which, even if possible - just don't do it.

I wouldn't waste any more time on this. Don't try and arrange a meetup. Don't try and get her to call you. Just send her a breakup text.

If she still values the relationship, she'll try and meet or call you after - at which point, you're on your own.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, saif96 said:

To be honest; you two haven't been dating since at least March, but probably way before then judging by how things were going by February. It's obvious that she has no interest in pursuing a relationship with you or she would have made some meaningful attempt to contact or meet with you in the last 6 months.

Since it is your preferred communication method, and really the only way you can communicate with her, it wouldn't hurt to send her a text informing her that you are no longer interested in continuing a relationship with her. Texting "I break up" will probably do the job considering the level of involvement in the relationship.

You're free to sew your seeds in your ex girlfriend if that is what your heart desires... Though remember there is a reason why she is your ex...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

hang on. aren't you the one that was dating someone, she broke up with you, now you're dating their sister? and now the first one is wanting to speak to you again?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 hours ago, Arika S said:

hang on. aren't you the one that was dating someone, she broke up with you, now you're dating their sister? and now the first one is wanting to speak to you again?

Yup, but didn't he break up with her [his ex] in favor of her sister?

1 hour ago, lewdicrous said:

Yup, but didn't he break up with her [his ex] in favor of her sister?

xD 

53327.jpg

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage