asus b450-f strix, gskill 2x8gb 3000 tridentz rgb, ryzen 5 2600

Go to solution Solved by Detwolverine,

Hey guys,

Yeah Evanair, I was just showing my bios options compared to yours. Maybe they will release an updated bios since we are still stuck on the first release on the atx and no manual option there for SOC.

nick name: I did not try it in Ryzen Master when I realized through HWInfo that my soc voltage was actually fine in windows. I have my Corsair 4x8 kit (3000 15-17-17-35) running stable at 2933 16-17-17-35. At least ROG Realbench stable for a few hours anyways. 

I'm not a big fan of seeing the bios tell me my soc voltage is at 1.65 or my dram is running at 1.2. Hopefully they release a matured bios that gets rid of these few kinks, otherwise it seems to be stable for now. This is a work computer and I need things to be super stable before they get sent upstairs because I don't want to have to go back to them to update bios and settings or if they start crashing.

Thanks for the conversation guys.

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with my memory settings, whenever i set the memory to do its rated speed (3000 mhz) through the docp option in the bios, my system will sometimes work but also sometimes start up, shut down and startup again, spewing an error message telling me that my memory settings have been reset.

I just want my freaking pc to work stable, if you can help me achieve that, please :)

Thanks!

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

3 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with my memory settings, whenever i set the memory to do its rated speed (3000 mhz) through the docp option in the bios, my system will sometimes work but also sometimes start up, shut down and startup again, spewing an error message telling me that my memory settings have been reset.

I just want my freaking pc to work stable, if you can help me achieve that, please :)

Thanks!

How many DIMMs of memory are you running? If multiple, try running with just one.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Ryzen will run it at 2933. Try upping your vDIMM a tiny bit

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Are you using the XMP Profile? I have the B450-F with 16GB 3000MHz RAM and an R7 2700X and the stock profile works fine for me. You should also make sure your BIOS is up to date, the B450 series mobos are pretty new and will probs have bugs. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Are you using the XMP Profile? I have the B450-F with 16GB 3000MHz RAM and an R7 2700X and the stock profile works fine for me. You should also make sure your BIOS is up to date, the B450 series mobos are pretty new and will probs have bugs. 

docp, if i understand correctly the amd version of xmp, and yes i'm using the latest bios

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

5 minutes ago, Derrk said:

have you checked the error in event log

Do you mean Event viewer (built in to windows) or?...

Just now, TheThymo said:

Do you mean Event viewer (built in to windows) or?...

yea that one

Just now, Derrk said:

yea that one

It does not show anything that has to do with ram, I should add that the system does not boot into windows when the weird startup happens

Just now, TheThymo said:

It does not show anything that has to do with ram, I should add that the system does not boot into windows when the weird startup happens

okay, then i'm with zando bob. Have you flashed the bios? ryzen is picky with memory but trident z should be able to run its rated speed

Just now, Derrk said:

okay, then i'm with zando bob. Have you flashed the bios? ryzen is picky with memory but trident z should be able to run its rated speed

what is the best way to flash, i tried setting the bios to default and starting over, but also updated the bios "again", as i do not see a flash bios option, am I blind?

you need to download it from the manufacturer website. Run it and put it on a flashdrive

14 minutes ago, Derrk said:

you need to download it from the manufacturer website. Run it and put it on a flashdrive

Done, what would be the next step?

1 minute ago, TheThymo said:

Done, what would be the next step?

did you flash or just put it on the drive?

to flash just go into ur bios, and there should be an option in there to flash

1 minute ago, Derrk said:

did you flash or just put it on the drive?

to flash just go into ur bios, and there should be an option in there to flash

Did that too

Just now, TheThymo said:

Did that too

are you still having the memory issues?

are you still having the memory issues?

Right now it is at 2133mhz

Just now, TheThymo said:

Right now it is at 2133mhz

yeah the bios flash wouldve reset your custom settings. Try running xmp again

Just now, Derrk said:

yeah the bios flash wouldve reset your custom settings. Try running xmp again

This is it right?

15354024158322541574763654896340.jpg

3 minutes ago, Derrk said:

yea

Right now it worked, but it has only sometimes crashed, give me a few tries, to check

Just now, TheThymo said:

Right now it worked, but it has only sometimes crashed, give me a few tries

hopefully that does it for you. In my experience with my x470, asus' own software was nothing but nightmares. It caused all sorts of instability. I'd recommend uninstalling AI Suite if you have it

1 minute ago, TheThymo said:

Right now it worked, but it has only sometimes crashed, give me a few tries, to check

4 minutes ago, Derrk said:

yea

It just did the weird boot, i pressed the power button, the fans started spinning and stuff, it went silent and started normally...

hopefully that does it for you. In my experience with my x470, asus' own software was nothing but nightmares. It caused all sorts of instability. I'd recommend uninstalling AI Suite if you have it

Here we go again, this is it

15354030715403916749480268904170.jpg

4 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

It just did the weird boot, i pressed the power button, the fans started spinning and stuff, it went silent and started normally...

maybe try increasing the ram boot voltage. It'll be somewhere on the same page of bios as docp. If that doesn't help, maybe just increase the ram voltage all together by .01