battlefield 1 doesn't run good

AboveBrakes (ivan)
Go to solution Solved by Sauron,
5 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Are you sure he doesnt have the i5 6600K? He probably has overclocked it, so it is faster.

That doesn't really explain such a massive bottleneck...

19 minutes ago, AboveBrakes (ivan) said:

here is a picoture of my pc running BF1 and as you can see my cpu doesn't like it. but how can it be that my frien runs a core i5 6600 and he gets 90-100 FPS in the game i only 

this is with DX12 enabled

get this. BTW the thremals on the left are from riva tuner and the bottum one is my cpu.

image.png

That's weird, it shouldn't be hammering your cpu that hard with the graphics card at 44%... even an i3 gets better performance than that

CPU_FuryX.png

Do you have vsync on by any chance?

Hello,

i recently bought myself a gtx 1070ti from msi. And i got Destiny 2 for free with it, I'm really happy how that game runes because on ultra details i run 144fps so that way i can make the best oput of my 144hz display. when i saw that battlefield five is releasing later year i got all excited and bought meself bf1 which was in sale for only 10 euro's. but when i run that game on ultra i only get 43 fps and sometimes even below that. the gameplay is not smooth and the frame rate is all over the place. and i don't know what is happening. my GPU is at 33% of usage my CPU at 100% usage. whilst my cpu can handle most games just fine. i have asked mulitpal people if my intel core I5 7500 will have a bottleneck with the gtx 1070ti and all of them said that it would not be a problem. I have a friend who has a core I5 6500 and a gtx 970 and he has more fps in bf1 then me on ultra details. The only differince is that he has 12gb of DDR3 RAM and i have 8gb of DDR4 ram. and the recommended specs of BF1 is 12gb RAM. and the battlefield V has the same specs.

My Drivers are all up to date so that can't be the problem. also i have tried to run the game in DX12 and it didn't make any difference in the fps.

I'm also looking to acquire Forza horizon 4 and that game recuires 12gb of ram aswell. So is my RAM the big problem here or is it something else which is causing a problem?

I'm looking forward to your reaction

intel core i5 7500 | nividia gtx 1070ti | mobo: msi b250 PC mate | RAM: corsair vengence 8gb DDR4 2400mhz | SSD: samsung 850 evo 250gb | HHD: western digital 1TB 7200 rpm |CPU cooler: MSI core Frozr L | case: corsair spec 03 | 

4c/4t CPUs are a bit weak for BF1 64-player matches. My friend has 16GB RAM and an i5-6600 and he has 100% CPU utilization with a 1060 6GB at 1440p. So yeah, CPU bottlenecking is part of the problem as well. You'll also want to upgrade to 16GB of RAM for future games as 8GB is the bare minimum.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

my CPU at 100% usage

Clearly your cpu is holding you back, but it's not necessarily because it's not powerful enough. Check in task manager if bf1 is what's eating up all your cpu or if it's something else. Make sure the cpu isn't overheating. Check your ram usage too, if you can try and get someone to lend you some more ram to test.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

hi thanks for your reaction. i looked up the recommended specs and it said the recommended cpu is a core i5 6600k an that is not that much faster then my cpu, yet i'm very thankfull for your comment. and i will look if i buy some more ram 

intel core i5 7500 | nividia gtx 1070ti | mobo: msi b250 PC mate | RAM: corsair vengence 8gb DDR4 2400mhz | SSD: samsung 850 evo 250gb | HHD: western digital 1TB 7200 rpm |CPU cooler: MSI core Frozr L | case: corsair spec 03 | 

sauron, thanks for your reply. 

i recently checked my task manager whilst playing the game and it said that my RAM is about 6 to 7 gb used. i will start up the game and make a screenshot of task manager. also my cpu runs about 55 degrees celsius because i run a after market msi core frozr L on it. also how can i enalble my pc specs on this site as i saw a lot of people have it aswell, and maybe that will make it a bit easier to solve this problem. i will shortly post a screenshot of task manager in about 10 minutes

here is a picoture of my pc running BF1 and as you can see my cpu doesn't like it. but how can it be that my frien runs a core i5 6600 and he gets 90-100 FPS in the game i only 

get this. BTW the thremals on the left are from riva tuner and the bottum one is my cpu.

image.png

8 minutes ago, AboveBrakes (ivan) said:

Fill out your profile: https://linustechtips.com/main/settings/

Optionally fill out signature: https://linustechtips.com/main/settings/signature/

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

12 minutes ago, AboveBrakes (ivan) said:

Are you sure he doesnt have the i5 6600K? He probably has overclocked it, so it is faster.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

no i'm sorry he has a core i5 6500, also if i turn my graphics down it doesn't make a difference in the preformance. 

5 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

That doesn't really explain such a massive bottleneck...

19 minutes ago, AboveBrakes (ivan) said:

image.png

That's weird, it shouldn't be hammering your cpu that hard with the graphics card at 44%... even an i3 gets better performance than that

CPU_FuryX.png

Do you have vsync on by any chance?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

yeah i truned it on, i did this so my i would experience less heavy drops in fps so i could not drop from 70 to 24 for exapmle which it did in some cases. i would also like to point out that in campaign i get upto 120 fps on ultra with no problem i will turn it of and look how it plays

Sauron thank you so much the game doesn't have as much drops as before and i run around 70 fps now but i think this has to do with my ram now. I indeed had Vsync on, i thought i turned it on because i wanted my game to be locked at 60 fps but limited the frames a other way. i turned both of now and it works a lot better now. my gpu is now at 88% usages unlike before where it was 33%. i want rto thank you and everybody else who replied on my post 

Do you actually have 4GB of RAM? That's what it looks like

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

DX12 in BF1 is notoriously bad, I'd suggest trying DX11. Just from my own experience even with my 8/16 cpu and 1080 with 32gb of ram, with DX12 enabled I cant even load the map without massive frame rate spikes.

On 27-8-2018 at 5:42 PM, ivan134 said:

Do you actually have 4GB of RAM? That's what it looks like

my system says it has 8gb, and all of ram is detected in task manger aswell as in my bios. is there a way that battlefield thinks i have 4gb of RAM. if so how can i change it?

thanks for your reply