Is Thermal Grizzly Liquid metal safe with a thermaltake AIO

Hi I'm Delidding my 7900x Today with the rocket 99 tool but I was also curious if instead of just on the Die if I could use the liquid metal on top of the IHS too so liquid metal would be touching the AIO

Liquid metal conducts electricity, I would strongly advise against this, although it would work, and corrosion might be a thing as well.

11 minutes ago, Sack said:

Liquid metal conducts electricity, I would strongly advise against this, although it would work, and corrosion might be a thing as well.

I am going to use nail polish to protect the exposed parts of the Processor But I was Curious about exactly that the corrosive affects of the liquid metal

Stick with Kryonaut for the top of the IHS.  The liquid metal is meant for the die.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

12 minutes ago, Ix_Smallz_ix said:

I am going to use nail polish to protect the exposed parts of the Processor But I was Curious about exactly that the corrosive affects of the liquid metal

Corrosion is due to metals like gallium within the liquid metal, it corrodes aluminum specifically. If your thermaltake AIO is Copper (which it most likely is) then it should be good

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

16 minutes ago, Ix_Smallz_ix said:

Yeah it will stain the copper, but staining is basically just cosmetic, and nothing a little isopropyl alcohol and a scouring pad can't remove in case you want to sell it. Here are some examples from my 8700k.

IMG_0261.thumb.JPG.64658a6f868a987594630625364e45d3.JPG

IMG_0263.thumb.JPG.c5d327148b4eb4e3dd38f8acdb418359.JPG

IMG_0280.thumb.JPG.39a061c8ca9df4fb8386c52a15fe1f27.JPG

IMG_0281.thumb.JPG.b0f710123642da26fb0719017919ce7e.JPG

You can use it that way as long as its a nickel plated copper or just copper. 

If it contacts aluminum, it will eat it away. 

Just have in mind that the liquid metal can difuse itself into the copper. It wont hurt it or anything, the performance will be the same but you wont be able to clean it off, there will be a permanent stain. 

if the cooler is copper sure (most of them are)

i don't think it's worth doing so tho, there is not a huge gain between thermal paste and liquid metal on top of the IHS in most cases

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15