Return of the Triple Slots! 2080ti

BuckGup
12 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Because there's nothing wrong with this move, unless you're an entitled brat.

Thats an incredibly presumptuous, narrow minded , and short sighted comment to make.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

13 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Thats an incredibly presumptuous, narrow minded , and short sighted comment to make.

No, it's not. It's an observation that's been pretty damn consistant.

Ignoring the larger die size and new technology, inflation itself dictates that prices need to rise eventually.

The fact that the x80Ti or x60 has that name is irrelevant to pricing. That name only serves as product placement in that generation's product line.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

14 hours ago, SolarNova said:

People have been saying that alot this Jay said it in his vid, problem is Jay was just giving his opinion, just like any other person.

Nvidia has named it and placed it to replace the 1080ti, thus that is what it gets compared against. if they wanted to place it as a new higher end card they could have named it the 2085, or 2090, or even just a Titan, but they didnt. As such pricing should be compared to previous X80ti cards.

No amount of "yes but its a bigger die", or "the performance difference makes up for the price" etc etc, is justifcation for a price like that when placed as a 1080ti replacement.

I dont get why people try so hard to defend this move, its not good for any1 other than Nvidia's wallets.

Yep because the cost to manufacture shouldn't effect pricing? The die size is almost twice as big and it's using a new memory standard that is more expensive with gddr6. That us why the priced increased. If you don't like the pricing then don't buy it but to say there is no reason why the price increased is just ignorant. It's also pretty clear that the 2080ti is the titan replacement seeing as usually the titan is released around the same time as the 80 and 70 cards and the 80ti much later. Seeing as the 2080ti is now being released at launch with titan like pricing it is very unlikely they will release a titan so the 2080ti replacing it makes total sense. You also have to remember there were rumors that the were not sure about naming even thinking about 2090 and 2085 naming. It seems in the end they decided to just stick with the 80ti nomenclature and had it replace the titan. It kind of makes sense seeing ad the 80ti naming is very well know as the best gpu if any given generation for quite some time. A 2090 might have caused more confusion and leave the possibility of a cheaper 2080ti down the line. With this naming it's very clear to everyone that the 2080ti is the best gpu for this gen and that a less expensive gpu between the top of the line gpu and the 2080 won't be coming to the market. If they had just called the 2080ti the titan then people would be waiting for a 2080ti that never was going to happen. You may not like it but this actually makes more sense than naming it the 2090. 

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yep because the cost to manufacture shouldn't effect pricing? The die size is almost twice as big and it's using a new memory standard that is more expensive with gddr6. That us why the priced increased. If you don't like the pricing then don't buy it but to say there is no reason why the price increased is just ignorant. It's also pretty clear that the 2080ti is the titan replacement seeing as usually the titan is released around the same time as the 80 and 70 cards and the 80ti much later. Seeing as the 2080ti is now being released at launch with titan like pricing it is very unlikely they will release a titan so the 2080ti replacing it makes total sense. You also have to remember there were rumors that the were not sure about naming even thinking about 2090 and 2085 naming. It seems in the end they decided to just stick with the 80ti nomenclature and had it replace the titan. It kind of makes sense seeing ad the 80ti naming is very well know as the best gpu if any given generation for quite some time. A 2090 might have caused more confusion and leave the possibility of a cheaper 2080ti down the line. With this naming it's very clear to everyone that the 2080ti is the best gpu for this gen and that a less expensive gpu between the top of the line gpu and the 2080 won't be coming to the market. If they had just called the 2080ti the titan then people would be waiting for a 2080ti that never was going to happen. You may not like it but this actually makes more sense than naming it the 2090. 

Oh, they'll bring out a Turing based Titan,  but it'll be $3000 upwards easily

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Oh, they'll bring out a Turing based Titan,  but it'll be $3000 upwards easily

Neither of us know that but my point was they won't bring out a gaming titan. The titan v was the first titan that was clearly meant for productivity and not gaming.

19 power phases? would think that would be a doubled 8 + 3 scheme. Why the hell would you need 19 phases? Guessing these chips would consume a lot of power.

Welp

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

The titan v was the first titan that was clearly meant for productivity and not gaming.

Y'know, excluding the Titan, Titan Black, and Titan Z.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Love me a good $2999 Titan Z.

I mean i'm not doubting the current (or the past) pricing scheme is totally ridiculous.  But there isn't a *new* price point here.  The original Titan and Titan Black were $999.  The Titan Z was $2999.  The Maxwell Titan X was $999.  Then the Pascal Titans (all of them) were $1200.  The Titan V was $2999 and now we have the 20XXs and the prices are exactly what people have paid for graphics cards in the past.  Not really much more to discuss

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Big fat coolers though, Bring it on ;) 

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

The original titan was used for gaming. The black and z are the titans I always forget about because they were so niche. 

10 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

The original titan was used for gaming. The black and z are the titans I always forget about because they were so niche. 

I can use the Titan V for gaming too. Doesn't mean it was MEANT for it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

8 hours ago, Drak3 said:

I can use the Titan V for gaming too. Doesn't mean it was MEANT for it.

Seeing as in some games it performs worse than the 1080ti because of driver issues I would have to disagree. 

13 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Seeing as in some games it performs worse than the 1080ti because of driver issues I would have to disagree. 

Your statement was on Titans meant for gaming. That'd only be the Titan X twins and the Titan Xp

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Your statement was on Titans meant for gaming. That'd only be the Titan X twins and the Titan Xp

People used the original titan for gaming and it wasn't bad. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

People used the original titan for gaming and it wasn't bad. 

But it wasn't meant for it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

But it wasn't meant for it.

Well same with all the titan x cards based on what nvidia said. The titan V was based on an architecture that was specifically designed for AI and other types if professional workloads. It was not designed for gaming and that is Honestly why the titan V is the fist titan in my eyes that was clearly cemented as a professional card rather than a gaming card.