Your most hated meme/ term/ phrase in tech?

When you do that you should make sure to mention that thats what your doing otherwise it can bite you in the ass.

I do. As I said, I never tell people I no what I'm doing if I don't. I word what I say carefully.

Sarah Jessica Parker

Gaming "x"

Example: People who sell their crappy logitech keyboard, title of advert being: Gaming keyboard 

Pen Drive, Thumb Drive, Memory Stick, USB Stick, Flash Drive, is all the same, depends on region or who taught them the term.

I hate when people refer to them as "Junk Drives"

Not much of a saying, but it really grinds my gears when people claim on there resume that they're "good with computers" then they get in here and don't even know what Task Manager is.

can I ask what here is? A pc repair shop?

I hate when people refer to a lagging connection or a poor connection as a "Wal-Mart connection." Grinds my gears.

Also, people complaining about "lag" when they die or just suck or the connection is just slow.

Many people confuse lag with low fps and will blame the server all the time

It annoys me when people refer to tech etc with The infront  of it

eg The youtube, The Facebook, The google etc etc

Looking for a job

Uncle Still thinks Desktops are obsolete and I can't convince him, rather he get me a expensive laptop for gaming then a cheaper and more powerful desktop, he won't agree that desktops are till awesome with all the new hardware coming out for desktops, STILL.

Awsome, still love desks

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

most people use lag incorrectly a good deal of the time too.

Many people confuse lag with low fps and will blame the server all the time

Yeah. Pretty much any misuse of the word lag.

You, and everyone else, should read this. And I agree.

Let me correct myself. I don't hate Comic Sans, I hate when people use it for the wrong things.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

jijgahertz

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

'Have you tried turning it off and back on again?'

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

Comic Sans. Nuff said.

its not the comic sans but the person operating it, please dont blame the font

'Have you tried turning it off and back on again?'

So you realize how often that has saved me a trip somewhere?

I can't stand the way school networks are run. A filter is unnessasary. A school one town over have completly unfilltered internet and it hasn't burned to the ground yet. Well, I've graduated so it doesn't matter anymore.

I love the word mosfet.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of a saying, but it really grinds my gears when people claim on there resume that they're "good with computers" then they get in here and don't even know what Task Manager is.

Would you copnsider me "good with computers" if i said I study computer electronic engeniering and buid computers for life?

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I hate it when school teachers use to tell me compuetr stuff when I already knew it. If only they knew.

• 4 weeks later...

A guy at my school talks about how he knows a ton about "microchips" (a brand) and always tries to help people with their problems on the computer. Usually it's a very simple issue, and he usually tells the person some random response like "You need to defrag your hard drive" or "You need a new CPU". When I overhear him "helping" someone, I usually just sit back and watch :P.

Same here. Step back and watch em go... somewhere...

"I will be building this in 4-6months..."

"Once I get a job"

Pretty much anytime someone asks for help in a hypothetical situation.

No a phrase nor a term but I have some disgust for the thousands of 12yr olds that are responsible for the pointless topics that I find on here.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

people asking "but can it run minecraft/crysis/ whatever game"

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD CLOUD.

It's CLOUD email.

It's a CLOUD service.

It's CLOUD based.

Your stuff is stored on the CLOUD.

The CLOUD is secure. (hehe NSA)

etc. etc. etc.

It's just a server. On the internet. The Cloud isn't new, we've had servers on the internet that do shit for a while.

I need more SSDs.

My friend used to refer to Windows as an "iOS" 

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer