important question

realsmooth59
Go to solution Solved by Eduard the weeb,

well being a fellow teen here is my thoughts. To put it bluntly you shouldn't really give two fucks, because in the end of the day you can't force your friend to stop drink and in the end of the day where just kids, we do stupid shit and should just accept it and just try having fun wall we are in this world because, we aren't gonna be here forever.

Hey what would you do if you saw your best friend (less than 16 years old) Drink 8 Shots of vodka right in front of you( i am sure he does this on a regular basis)and his parents have bought it for him he even drank it in front of them

8 shots of vodka is not healthy for someone at that age. Probably ask where he got the vodka and report them to the police tbh. 

git gud

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

This is quite a serious thing btw. At that age, that amount of alcohol will cause developmental problems.

I'd laugh at the guy, and then ask him "what the fuck is your problem"?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

At the age, adult me says not be friends with them anymore. Kid me says ask them for some Vodka.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

This is quite a serious thing btw. At that age, that amount of alcohol will cause developmental problems.

No joke, vodka has a high proof compare to something like beer.

Eight shots probably doing a number on the liver.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 7/29/2018 at 5:11 PM, seoz said:

Question how I managed to become friends with a less than 16-year old crippling alcoholic.

I dont know this happened a few days ago

I did not know what to do but I kind of agree with the first guy but I will take more answers 

Drink 9 shots.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Woah, if someone who's underage drink 8 shots of vodka....

To be honest, it's his/her life, if it's broken because of that at least he/she can learn something from it. Sometimes you have to learn something the hard way....

Though I'd love to intervene and tell him/her that it's not okay, but I bet he/she will ignore me so, again back to "it's his/her life" stuff.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

You could have him do shots till he passss out but it’s not uncommon. I’ve known 11 year olds that get wasted. 8-9 year olds that smoke weed & have sex. This isn’t really news. 

I would probably not be his friend if he was only about that. If I was suspicious he drank alcohol but hadn’t seen him doing it, then I probably wouldn’t care. Presuming you’re 13~ or so now. As that I’m older, I might find a way to tell his parents and let them know not to come angrily at him as if they do, I might lose the 13 year old’s trust. If he does something more dangerous, I wouldn’t know & couldn’t warn anyone. 

Good morning! (or afternoon)

In this case and scenario, it is definitely a difficult situation to assess. On one hand, you would want to take action, and on the other you wouldn't want to report your friend. In this situation, I would definitely reach out to his parents and authorities and report this behavior. Not only is this illegal, but also is detrimental (harmful) to his health at such a young age of development. Drinking alcohol at that age could cause health and development issues during the beginning of puberty. If his actions begin to put you in danger, report his behavior immediately! Do not allow yourself to be put in harms way! Ultimately, whatever you decide, realize and understand that it is not your personal responsibility to look after his well-being. I have seen this far too often where friends will go out of their way to try and look after somebody who makes poor decisions and puts them at risk for injury and health problems. 

TLDR: Reach out to his parents and officials, but ultimately realize that his well-being is not your personal responsibility.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk this over more. This can be a difficult situation, and having someone to talk things through is immensely helpful for gathering and processing your thoughts.

oh yeah forgot to tell you guys that his parents have bought it for him and i saw him do it right in front of me

i will be closing up this thread very soon 

22 minutes ago, Somekid5 said:

oh yeah forgot to tell you guys that his parents have bought it for him and i saw him do it right in front of me

If this is the case, I would say that it should be mentioned to some sort of authoritative figure that is not their parents. You could ask the local police department as it could possibly be considered child endangerment. If they won't be able to help, perhaps they could point you in the right direction.

6 hours ago, DeafeningSilence said:

If this is the case, I would say that it should be mentioned to some sort of authoritative figure that is not their parents. You could ask the local police department as it could possibly be considered child endangerment. If they won't be able to help, perhaps they could point you in the right direction.

but should I though and even though if I do report them 1, I don't really want to though and 2 even if I do report him they would not find any traces of alcohol cuz this happened 6 days ago. But you know 

but yeah tomorrow I will pick a good answer  

7 minutes ago, Somekid5 said:

but should I though and even though if I do report them 1, I don't really want to though and 2 even if I do report him they would not find any traces of alcohol cuz this happened 6 days ago. But you know 

If that's your thought process, then the best would be to ignore it. Just do not allow yourself to get into dangerous situations or peer pressured into having a drink if they try to encourage you to (this can be VERY difficult in the moment). As long as it is not directly influencing or affecting you, then it's probably best to ignore it as best you can.

Just now, DeafeningSilence said:

If that's your thought process, then the best would be to ignore it. Just do not allow yourself to get into dangerous situations or peer pressured into having a drink if they try to encourage you to (this can be VERY difficult in the moment). As long as it is not directly influencing or affecting you, then it's probably best to ignore it as best you can.

what do you mean ignore it

1 minute ago, Somekid5 said:

what do you mean ignore it

Disregard and not let it influence you as much as possible. Or another possibility is to spend time with your friend at your house or at public places that he would not be able to drink alcohol. 

1 minute ago, DeafeningSilence said:

Disregard and not let it influence you as much as possible. Or another possibility is to spend time with your friend at your house or at public places that he would not be able to drink alcohol. 

yeah but what about his parents and do you think i should be friends with him anymore

Just now, Somekid5 said:

yeah but what about his parents and do you think i should be friends with him anymore

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about their parents aside from get advice from the local police department in my opinion. It is not your responsibility or place to bring that up with your friend's parents. Also, whether you should remain friends with him is up to you. If this situation makes you uncomfortable, and you think this is going to be more than a one-time occurrence, you have no obligation to tolerate it. Personally, if I were in your shoes, I would maybe ask your friend about it, and express your concern (if you have any). If the behavior continues, I would personally be unlikely to remain friends with them. But ultimately, this decision is up to you.

8 minutes ago, Somekid5 said:

The fact you're questioning it probably means you should take a step back from your current relationship or confront him about it and see where it goes.

Also underage drinking being illegal period is only a thing in certain states in the US. The other states don't care as long as a legal guardian is close enough and it's in a private setting.

5 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The fact you're questioning it probably means you should take a step back from your current relationship or confront him about it and see where it goes.

Also underage drinking being illegal period is only a thing in certain states in the US. The other states don't care as long as a legal guardian is close enough and it's in a private setting.

i live in Illinois 

5 hours ago, DeafeningSilence said:

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about their parents aside from get advice from the local police department in my opinion. It is not your responsibility or place to bring that up with your friend's parents. Also, whether you should remain friends with him is up to you. If this situation makes you uncomfortable, and you think this is going to be more than a one-time occurrence, you have no obligation to tolerate it. Personally, if I were in your shoes, I would maybe ask your friend about it, and express your concern (if you have any). If the behavior continues, I would personally be unlikely to remain friends with them. But ultimately, this decision is up to you.

well he said that it was fun doing it

well in my state you have to 21

but do you think i should do it i mean he is 45% of an asshole but he is my sometimes good friend

5 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Honestly, the most you should do is tell child services about it if it's illegal where you are.  Or, maybe the cops.  That's like super bad parenting right there, and I can't really blame a kid for what their parents let them do.  I also would advise against hanging out with the kid if they continue and don't let it influence you.

But do you think i should do that

well being a fellow teen here is my thoughts. To put it bluntly you shouldn't really give two fucks, because in the end of the day you can't force your friend to stop drink and in the end of the day where just kids, we do stupid shit and should just accept it and just try having fun wall we are in this world because, we aren't gonna be here forever.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing