Do you get fat eating food or do you get fat after you eat and digest it

WolfLoverPro
4 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Food gets ingested mainly in your Small Intestine, so it takes a while. 

It it takes around a day to fully digest food.

if you are worried about putting on weight, then just follow the food pyramid and don’t worry about calories. It’s all about what you eat.

Don't worry about calories? Counting calories I lost about 25lbs in about 2 months

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

4 minutes ago, spwath said:

Don't worry about calories? Counting calories I lost about 25lbs in about 2 months

Well good for you.

5 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Food gets ingested mainly in your Small Intestine, so it takes a while. 

It it takes around a day to fully digest food.

if you are worried about putting on weight, then just follow the food pyramid and don’t worry about calories. It’s all about what you eat.

It's actually the food plate now. or maybe its the food staircase, or maybe its the food circle, or.. I give up and so should the health department on these food structures. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Just now, Tocsin_786 said:

It's actually the food plate now. or maybe its the food staircase, or maybe its the food circle, or.. I give up and so should the health department on these food structures. 

Maybe its just known as food now lol. It's more of a guideline and not strict. It's the message that is important. 

I hate your questions.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 hours ago, thedude4bides said:

I've never seen a fat bulimic person so...

you do realise people with bulimia don't walk around with neon signs hanging around their necks advertising the fact?

Purging is also not a joke, it is a serious health issue responsible for a lot of nasty problems.

34 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Well good for you.

Im just saying, if you want to loose weight, counting calories is a very good thing to do..

17 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I hate your questions.

Me too. So many. So basic. So useless. So badly worded. Random caps.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

10 minutes ago, spwath said:

Im just saying, if you want to loose weight, counting calories is a very good thing to do..

You gotta be eating the right stuff as well. If you are losing weight in an unhealthy way, it won't be good for you. 

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

You gotta be eating the right stuff as well. If you are losing weight in an unhealthy way, it won't be good for you. 

I guess I kept that in mind, at least somewhat. I tried to limit carbs, get more proteins and such, more fish instead of red meat. Either way, I mostly just counted calories in and calories out at it worked great, until I stopped doing it. Since I stopped about 4 months ago I have only lost about 5lbs, just lightly watching what I eat. But I didn't gain any back.

13 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

yep, losing too much too fast also puts extra strain on your heart.

First you bloat which means like your stomach like goes out cuz there’s so much food you physically stretch bigger like a ballon filled with air. 

Then if you dont burn burn the calories (you don’t do something mentally or physically demanding enough) your body stores the extra calories as fat & that’s how you technically get fat. Then fat goes away by physically removing it (which is a terrible idea imo) by liposuction or whatever other method. I don’t recommend taking a big knife and cutting it off. You’ll prolly die.  

Or you are starved in a way. You start using so many calories that the food you have eaten doesn’t keep up & the fat on your body is then used by your body & turned to energy. 

21 hours ago, Angel102 said:

you do realise people with bulimia don't walk around with neon signs hanging around their necks advertising the fact?

Purging is also not a joke, it is a serious health issue responsible for a lot of nasty problems.

The correct answer is: no, you don't "get fat live", your body has to process the food and then it decides how it's to be used.  I figured that if I pointed out that bulemic people tend to not get fat that he'd get the point.

29 minutes ago, thedude4bides said:

The correct answer is: no, you don't "get fat live", your body has to process the food and then it decides how it's to be used.  I figured that if I pointed out that bulemic people tend to not get fat that he'd get the point.

actually a lot of people with bulemia are overweight, that's why they purge(eat and then throw up) after binge-eating in the first place, ity's a very complex issue that you don't seem to know anything about.

Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they can't struggle from bulemia or anorexia or malnutrition, as eating a lot of calories doesn't mean you are getting the nutrients your body needs to survive and remain healthy. That's why cases of rickets in very poor communities even in the richest countries on the planet are on the rise.

1 hour ago, Angel102 said:

actually a lot of people with bulemia are overweight, that's why they purge(eat and then throw up) after binge-eating in the first place, ity's a very complex issue that you don't seem to know anything about.

Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they can't struggle from bulemia or anorexia or malnutrition, as eating a lot of calories doesn't mean you are getting the nutrients your body needs to survive and remain healthy. That's why cases of rickets in very poor communities even in the richest countries on the planet are on the rise.

The heavy ones are only part time bulemic.  But point is same... body must process the food before it turns to fat muscle bone or whatever it ends up becoming.  Sorry you aren't getting that. Have a good night.

17 minutes ago, thedude4bides said:

The heavy ones are only part time bulemic.  But point is same... body must process the food before it turns to fat muscle bone or whatever it ends up becoming.  Sorry you aren't getting that. Have a good night.

"part time bulemic." wow...