Fortnite for Android might be a Timed Exclusive for Samsung Galaxy Note 9 upon release

AlTech
15 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

That's not what I'm mentioning. The mouse capture API is about capturing the mouse pointer and making it disappear. Think like what happens to your mouse in an FPS game, where you can keep dragging and dragging to turn your camera but the mouse never gets to the end of the window and pops out. For a game on Android to use the mouse for camera control, this API is a necessity and the game also needs to actually program using the mouse for camera control.

Then I guess the games I did try it on already had support. IDK what else to say, if the OS intelligently sets up mouse control, the extra code would be a few dozen lines at most in any sort of efficient codebase. That still doesn't mean much when iOS doesn't support basic mouse functionality *at all*. Android has native mouse support, but iOS does not. Unfortunately, there's no iPad Pro-like tablet that runs android.

1. Nothing prevents an XDA Developer from rooting the phone and extracting the APK from the system directory.

2. This is a marketing tactic in order to attract those 12-13 year old kids who were ready to buy their first iPhone into buying the Note.

It might seem stupid and pointless, but if you think about it, if they attract this age group into buying Samsung, and they like the product, they will keep on buying Samsung phones, which is exactly what they want. Reccuring user base.

That's one of the reasons they make that flashy blue/gold Note 9, to make it as attractive as possible. It does make sense.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

16 hours ago, Commodus said:

Not to rehash Sauron's reply too much, but that's not really the point.  Yes, of course touch is less precise than a gamepad or keyboard/mouse combo, but you know what it does?  It lets you play well enough without needing a PC or a console.

We need to get away from this notion that games must either be played in their 'ideal' format or not at all.  It's just about having fun; if you can have fun playing Fortnite on a phone, that's enough.

Controllers. Controllers exist. Even for phones. If they even worked at it, controllers would be more popular. See the switch. It's just the developers hit lowest common denominator, instead of simplest gameplay mechanic.

Nintendo, doing it right since day dot. :P

58 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Controllers. Controllers exist. Even for phones. If they even worked at it, controllers would be more popular. See the switch. It's just the developers hit lowest common denominator, instead of simplest gameplay mechanic.

Nintendo, doing it right since day dot. :P

But they have to hit the lowest common denominator for phones!  You can't realistically expect Epic to require a Bluetooth gamepad for mobile users.  The Switch implementation works precisely because it's a portable game console, not a phone.

I just got confirmation from my friend that got to see the Note9 at work (Verizon) that was told A LOT about the phone. Apparently, the timed exclusive is for 6 months and will only be on Samsung Note9 for that time.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

Fortnite for Linux when?!

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

17 hours ago, Brehohn said:

I just got confirmation from my friend that got to see the Note9 at work (Verizon) that was told A LOT about the phone. Apparently, the timed exclusive is for 6 months and will only be on Samsung Note9 for that time.

Wow rip. A 6 month exclusive would really kill Fornite for Android for me. At that point, Epic doesn't deserve my user engagement and playing the game.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

30 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Wow rip. A 6 month exclusive would really kill Fornite for Android for me. At that point, Epic doesn't deserve my user engagement and playing the game.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Also, I still find it hard to believe. Wouldn't Epic want to capitalize EVEN MORE? I mean, Samsung would of had to give Epic a ton of money in order it to make sense. Regardless, he spilled a ton of beans about he new phone and was even able to use it hands on. He also said it was either 3 months or 6 months exclusive, but, that's still both a long time.

6.3" phone now
4000mah battery (which we already knew)
Not sure of CPU specs, but from what I see from Qualcomm, probably the 850?
The fingerprint sensor IS FINALLY UNDER THE CAMERA LIKE THE S9/+! This helps a lot of users be able to use this phone now.
The S Pen is now Bluetooth.
Still the Infinity Display.

Other than these things that he told me, he said it's a very nice phone compared to his Note8 and hopes to upgrade.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

I was gonna get really mad then remember I don't play Fortnite often and also I don't  play phone games ( I find them uninteresting ) 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

15 hours ago, Brehohn said:

The S Pen is now Bluetooth.

God that is such a stupid decision.

15 hours ago, Brehohn said:

The fingerprint sensor IS FINALLY UNDER THE CAMERA LIKE THE S9/+! This helps a lot of users be able to use this phone now.

Assuming they use the fingerprint sensor. Actually, no, usability remains unchanged.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.