Windows search is broken. need help

Nuvion
Go to solution Solved by Nuvion,

I look to see if there was an more window updated I could install and there was one . And I install it and it fixed my issue but thx for all the help and advice.

i don't know how this happened but i also don't know  how to fix it 5b562678a6bef_2018-07-2314_55_15-NVIDIAGeForceOverlay.png.20427d0ea48960faf302cb378a08f63f.png

Do you use some programs for Windows tuning that can change things like spacing between icons, fonts etc? Looks like that.

If not - try to hard reset your pc (using button while Windows is working) and if everything will be fine after that hard restart - disable fast boot.

No i don't use a program that changes the font. I turned on my PC and when to search something and found it like this.

39 minutes ago, PlexNicoli said:

No i don't use a program that changes the font. I turned on my PC and when to search something and found it like this.

What was the last thing you installed or updated?

You can use Windows System Restore to bring back your system in time (without affecting your personal files) to a time/date before the issue started.

sanity check; open cmd as admin and run "sfc /scannow"

if it finds something, reboot and hope it's fixed.

Interesting lik: link

It may be a little OT, but I found that so many times "sfc /scannow" is publish on internet as a solution, so I search internet for any discussion about tha method.

Interesting post I found, isn't? :)

I'm not saying of course that it's bad or good advice (even in that post some people says that they fix something with that command), I'm just curious - do people who recommended this method have ever fixed anything that way? Or it's just good advice that everyone repeat without any personal experience that it fix anything.

@manikyath: no offense, I'm just curious. I'm not talking that don't help in this case, who knows.

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

What was the last thing you installed or updated?

You can use Windows System Restore to bring back your system in time (without affecting your personal files) to a time/date before the issue started.

It a fresh install from yesterday when I put in my SSD 

6 hours ago, manikyath said:

sanity check; open cmd as admin and run "sfc /scannow"

if it finds something, reboot and hope it's fixed.

Tho it didn't work , thx for the help

I look to see if there was an more window updated I could install and there was one . And I install it and it fixed my issue but thx for all the help and advice.