Link Floatplane Account to LTT Acount

Emrox

I noticed that if I subscribe for Floatplane through LTT, I get the extra forum access and can use the LTT access token to log into Floatplane.

But it doesn't work the other way around or am I missing something?

It should suffice for you to link the Floatplane Identity Provider as an external Identity Provider in LTT, so that you can elaborate the extra claim externally.

You could also migrate the Identities from the LTT Identity Provider over to the Floatplane Identity Provider - I don't know your setup well enough to give meaningful advice

It's just bugging me that the nice working payment workflow of Floatplane lacks features while the LTT payment workflow feels terrible and buggy :/

Don't make it so hard for me to support you plz

Correct, it doesnt work the other way around. if you sign up on the Website, you cant access the forums. This is intended as they will be moving away 100% from the Forum access in the future. Its explained in this post on the Floatplane Forum.

If you dont have access to the forum, here is the text from it.

If you're subscribed on the floatplane website that doesn't give you a subscription on the forum. The reason for this is that we don't plan on using the forum forever! Eventually there will be no videos uploaded to the forum and the only users that have subscriptions granted to them from the forum will be Bronze/Silver/Gold users.. But we've got a ways to go before then, and everything will be handled as non-destructively as possible!

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

You're right - I can't see it.

While I understand that decision somehow, it still feels like a pretty rough transition given that features and activity on Floatplane are completely different to what I remember from the forum.

I'm thinking about canceling the Floatplane subscription and moving back to the forum because of this.

3 hours ago, Emrox said:

You're right - I can't see it.

While I understand that decision somehow, it still feels like a pretty rough transition given that features and activity on Floatplane are completely different to what I remember from the forum.

I'm thinking about canceling the Floatplane subscription and moving back to the forum because of this.

Its bit rough, but there would be too much work to get even temp solution vs just continuing on site development. Is there 1-year option on actual site or is that still coming soon (tm)? That would be the other carrot besides non-PayPal payment system.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It has been discussed, but it is not just a case of plugging things together - an OAuth provider would have to be implemented on the Floatplane side which currently doesn't exist in any form. The focus at the moment is on making the FP website better, rather than providing an integration with the forum which will eventually be moved away from anyway, so it's not considered something that is super important right now, as I understand it.

However, I am saying this as a forum person, not as a Floatplane person, so their priorities may have shifted since the last time I spoke to them about it.

HTTP/2 203

I would hope that we'd get more clear info about what is under deveploment and what has been done. Because I don't use the site for pretty obvious reasons, which have been requested time and time again in pinned thread under forum. Things like list view, sort options, having videos tagged for channel if creator has more than one etc. The site is too messy for me to use with anything else than mobile.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TimsTips said:

I have some suggestions for FP. Since I am not going to get access to the subforum, where can I post my list?

PM to Luke and/or @AJJaxNet. They lack any public way to follow what changes happen on site and what features are planned.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv