Scrapyard wars suggestions and ideas

Message added by WkdPaul

Be aware that since we're always getting a steady flow of Scrapyard wars threads, they will now be merged here.

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i don't call myself a vintage pc enthousiast.. dut i do have the following:

1998 imac g3

dual 2.0 powermac g5

pentium 3 pc

pentium 2 pc

pentium mmx pc. 

i dunno if that makes me a vintage enthousiast... 

If you have them because you like them and want them, you're an enthusiast. If you have them because you have a way of accumulating cheap old systems, you're not. I started out in the latter category and moved into the former over time.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Indeed a next season of Scrap yard wars is coming. The were not allowed to use the internet.

If I'm not mistaken - and don't quote me on this - I thought that the episodes wre already edited as well.

1 minute ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Indeed a next season of Scrap yard wars is coming. The were not allowed to use the internet.

If I'm not mistaken - and don't quote me on this - I thought that the episodes wre already edited as well.

I think Linus said the first one had been through first draft. Not 100% though

I ilke trains.

7 hours ago, TimsTips said:

My brother has one of those. Even though the hardware is still pretty good, Apple made newer OSs incompatible with them for no reason other than to force users to upgrade to the black trash can mac pro. 

Not quite correct, that. The problem was that the 2006 and 2007 Intel Macs had a firmware issue. The EFI was only 32-bit despite the CPU architecture being 64-bit. When Mac OS X went full 64-bit this caused some compatibility problems. And the basic GPUs in them were simply too weak to handle the new UI in later versions.

You can run up to 10.11 El Capitan on the 2006 and 2007 Mac Pro when you upgrade the GPU, and the models after it got excellent official support. The 2008 model could run High Sierra with a patcher (albeit with a loss of AirPort wireless) and up to El Capitan officially, and the 2009 model can be flashed to a 5,1 2010 model granting 6-core CPU support and official updates even to 10.14 Mojave when it launches (again with upgraded GPU). 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

5b3f102232d06_ScreenShot2018-07-06at6_45_42pm.thumb.png.c44427953c45dc15dd515b0e1dbebcb6.png

On 7/5/2018 at 5:50 PM, firelighter487 said:

why do they make reviews of Apple products then if no one's intrested in it? same logic.. 

that's a very cool idea.

well nobody is not interested. i am a PC guy for the past of my life and most likely my future but i love to see mac reviews. also while i love a thing or two in apple OS but i hate the limit they impose on everyone using their devices. thats why i think i will never leave my PC anytime soon

On 7/5/2018 at 5:56 PM, NelizMastr said:

The fastest single core PC for <$200 CAD, now that would be a challenge ^_^ 

dude, the last time i had a single core machine on LGA 775 it was only good for booting windows. even low power 6 watts celeron chips used in recent laptops is much powerful