What’s the worst part of your rig?

MeltyMoon

My system is completely silent with the exception of the absurd coil whine. It's not horrible (barely audible sometimes) but think about it this way... You're in a dead silent house and you can't help but hear the dripping of a faucet everywhere you go in that house. It will begin to drive you crazy after a while won't it? That's how my PC is when it's sitting idle.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

That I've got a custom loop, but haven't yet got my 780 to watercool. so I'm only on a cpu only loop atm

Probably my case, (bitfenix prodigy M) and my  peripherals (random generic keyboard and mouse)

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

My case!! The top grill gets loose and rattles so I have to smack it every once in a while, the side panel got bent so it's open on the side and the internals are full of dust, and the top IO has always been terrible.  The 3mm jacks have static and the USB ports are misaligned with the plastic.  Thermaltake ain't getting props on this model from me, although it has been weathered by time.  I'm also mildly bothered by my aging 1st gen Core+P55 combo, but I don't really feel the need to upgrade, even when I'm underutilizing my l337 r4m.

Most of my gripes with my system are on the software side, though.  AMD driver drama with HDMI audio and windows with the thumbnail deleting thing, what gives?

My AX1200i that coilwhines and is preventing me go micro/mini atx/itx :(

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

IMG_20140203_165559_zps6133bb76.jpg

my case haha. still waiting for it on back order.. according to the branch it will take a few weeks

The struggle is real.

CPU: AMD FX 8320e | Mobo: Gigabyte GA‑78LMT‑USB3 | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper n520 | RAM: 8Gb @ 1333MHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 mITX | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | Storage: Sandisk 120GB - WD Red 1TB | Case: Modded IBM A50 sleeper

All displayed on an AOC I2421VWH

Nothing really. I chose all my components wisely with tonnes of research. No problems or gripes.

The one in my sig, and it doesn't play cds and dvds that i put in. after researching a bit i found out it wasnt compatible to win 8, just from the os before vista.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

My 2x120mm AIO cooler is starting to give up. It's almost 4 years old and it just cant tame the hot running i7 950 anymore. Also, I really want an SSD boot drive. 

NZXT Phantom, White / Core i7 950 OCed to 3.60GHz / Asetek 240mm CPU cooler / 1TB WD Black HDD / ASUS Geforce 660Ti DCUII / Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 Mobo / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1800Mhz / Windows 7 64bit / Linux Mint 17 KDE

Mid 2012 "New" Samsung Series 9, NP900X3C-AO1US / Win7 / Linux Mint 17 KDE

It's loud, has only E8400 in it and there isn't much space in it.

If your mobo supports get a core quad

Off topic: I was away from this thread for like 6 - 7 hours (due to sleep). When I came back (and I followed this topic), this happened:

attachicon.gifomfg why.jpg

And most of the notifications (well over half of them) were from this thread... (If you can't see it due to ridiculously low-res, it's 347 notifications)

On topic:  Need to change some things on my previous post.

Now my GPU remains on the list, but this time it's the GTX 590. It idles at ~75°C, while my old 550 Ti idled at ~40°C - 60°C.

Also need to add: my horrible cable management. Cheapo case... You'll get why it's a complete mess.

I followed experience with non techies the first day.. Oh the horror

Mine has to be the case it is made of cheap plastic and does not look nice.

What do you hate about your rig?

That it's got a C2D... And 2GB of RAM... At least the GPU is good!

the fact that i cant turn my led lights on and off at will without turning off the computer

Same here

My PSU pretty much, its a Corsair TX750M and its partially modular, but not fully modular. The cables it believed i should have by standard apart from the motherboard power cables was sata. These cables are quite bulky and make my otherwise decent cable management a bit of a mess, the optional sata cables that are modular are the thin easy to manage ones.

So yeah, kind of want a fully modular PSU next time something gives me an excuse to change.

Edit: I should note its not about being tidy, the side has a little bit of an issue being put on as i need both non-modular and modular sata cables due to two optical and five hard drives.

Wraith/Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | DeepCool AK620 | ASRock X570 Steel Legend | Micron Workstation ECC 64GB | XFX Speedster SWFT 319 Radeon RX 6800 XT 16GB | Topping D50s+A50s+PA3s | Seagate FireCuda 520 NVMe 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 2TB, HPE SSD 1.92TB, Toshiba X300 4TB, Seagate SkyHawk 4TB, WD Blue 4TB, HPE HDD 8TB | LG GGW-H20L Bluray-RW, Pioneer DVR-220LBK DVD-RW | HP NC550SFP 10GbE | Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750W | CoolerMaster MasterCase MC500P - Ghost/Test Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | Asus ROG Strix X370-F | Crucial Ballistix Red 16GB | ASRock Intel ARC A770 Phantom Gaming D 8GB | Asus Xonar D2X | Crucial MX500 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 500GB | SAMA Forza 750W Gold | Antec GX200

Phantom/Win98 Rig: AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ | Arctic Cooling Copper Silent 3 | ASRock K7S41GX | Elixir 512MB | ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256MB with ATI Silencer 3 Rev.2 | Aureal BA88DL30A-01 Vortex 2 | Seagate Barracuda 160GB | LiteOn IHDP118-18 DVD-Rom | Samsung FDD | Ccivo 300W | CiT S008B - Parvati IV/Home Unraid Rig: Dual AMD Opteron 4184 | 2x Noctua NH-U12DO A3 | Supermicro Aplus H8DCL-i | Samsung ECC 32GB | Matrox G200eW 16MB | Kioxia Exceria G2 1TB, HPE Seagate Exos 4TB, 2x Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB, 2x Toshiba E300 2TB, Seagate SkyHawk 2TB, 2x Samsung Spinpoint F4EG 2TB, Seagate Essentials 1TB, WD Green 500GB | Dell Perc H200+H310 HBA, HP NC550SFP 10GbE | Cooler Master MWE v2 850W | Corsair Obsidian 750d Full Tower - Behemoth12/Second Unraid Rig: HP Microserver G8 | Xeon E3-1220L V2 | Intel C204 | Hynix ECC 16GB | Matrox G200eH 16MB | WD Green 500GB NVMe |

Mostly my CPU since I was an idiot and got a locked CPU. It would have been nice to be able to over clock in the future seeing as I have no need of upgrading (other than pci3) any time soon. I'm not a huge fan of my case, mostly the noise. Will be getting a silent case in the near future. 

The case, the dust, the old HDD that wants to die but cant, because it isn't even sentient, or have arms.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

pretty much everything on my computer, nearly 4 years old. Be that the CPU, motherboard, the case, the fans, the heat sink. the only thing i wouldn't change now is my graphics card, an ASUS GTX 670. it got given to me when my brother built his second computer.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I hate that my case is too large to bring with me when I'm out of state for work :/

On my gaming machine it has to be the cable management of my case. But on my laptop its the fact that it runs windows 8.1

Right now I swapped everything back to my Corsair 600T until my new case comes. 

My cats use my tower as a step to get into the window.. and the 600t power button is right where they step so they turn it off often. Only thing I hate about my current setup.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

The power supply. I need a new one, mine is barely even consider "semi-modular" and it's relatively small to what I want.

The case is alright, I just hate the color. Corsair Vengeance C70 White.

The blue LEDs. I'm too cheap to buy new fans, and these were what I had.

The motherboard. Granted, it's reliable enough, it's just a 970 chipset. When I build my PC, I hadn't a clue what that meant. Now I do, and I can't overclock.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

It vibrates like CRAZY sometimes, I have to literally whack it for it to shut up. And it's in a R4 too lol

MEH

Same here

its annoying isnt it sometimes i jut want to be alone in a dark room while doing stuff on my computer and other times i want it look like i conducting otherworldly rituals and summoning beings from different plains of existence with a bunch of flashing lights o well my problem will soon be solved with a nzxt hue not all that flashy but still seems to be a good product

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV