Why do people buy iPhones?

30 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Because not everyone wants to customize their phone. I thought I'd want to change everything, but really everything is so much easier when it just works, and it works amazing. Sure theres a few flaws, but considering I used my iPhone 4S up until 6 months ago, those flaws are a lot less apparent then a Samsung phone from the same time. The camera thing is also quite true if you go back a few years, which most people are at unless youre rich. My friend has an S7, and his photos look god awful compared to the camera in my 6s. iPhone cameras are very forgiving, and make life very easy. Apple just works, and thats why everyone who has no interest in diving deep into their phones gets one. Also the thing about specs... it really doesnt matter with an iPhone, because everything is so well optimized, you dont need to throw in 6 gigs of RAM because you'd never use it, and the iPhones have never been generations behind Androids, with the only real reason being the different release cycle between them. 

the S7 takes AMAZING photos.

Example A, B, C and D:

20160703_185329.jpg

20160706_202300.jpg

20160914_225628.jpg

20170418_124800.jpg

33 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

1. If you don't like the launcher from 4 years ago or think the one it has looks dated download a NEW one, plenty of launchers out there in the world.

2. The 5S is a steaming pile compared to the modern units, infact anything before the 6 Plus (or whatever it was when they added the NVME storage) is GARBAGE.

3. well don't compare BUDGET phones to a FLAGSHIP IPHONE, you gotta compare other flagships. and REMEMBER there are updates that AREN'T android version updates that are just updates for security and don't change the look of things, iOS only gets full version updates, no small patches. from what I can find it looks like the S7 on Verizon has received 22 updates in the not even 2 and a half years since it launched, including the update to Oreo, you 4 year old 5S has had what 8 updates in that stretch of 4 years?

most the women in my family have iPhones and my Boss has had a 3G, 5, 5S and now the 7 over the years, I have more then my share of experience with iPhones, I also have a 5 year old Galaxy Tab 2 7" running a 3-4 year old version of Android and NOTHING looks dated there, unless you are on Gingerbread 2.3 or older nothing looks "dated", what it is is SLOW AS FUCK because it's a 5 year old mid level tablet, you wanna see dated go look at Ipads from that first and second gen, those things are tacky AF looking (my boss had one).

So unless you buy a $900 phone you’re not getting any updates with Android. You’re starting to build a case for iPhones on that argument alone. I know iPhones are expensive. But older models cost less and refurbished units are quite affordable. 

4 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

So unless you buy a $900 phone you’re not getting any updates with Android. You’re starting to build a case for iPhones on that argument alone. I know iPhones are expensive. But older models cost less and refurbished units are quite affordable. 

NO, thats what YOU are saying, YOU are saying you gotta buy a $900 iPhone to get updates.

also older model Androids are affordable too. I sold my S7 and Gear VR for a couple hundred bucks a few months ago.

you REALLY gotta stop trying to  compare an Apple to an Orange, if you are comparing 2 devices they NEED to be from the same year and same price point or you can't compare them.

Even S8s now are like what? 600 bucks unlocked on amazon? Thats really good for a flagship device.  I know the S9 is out but aside from stereo speakers they really aren't much different.  

If i were to get an iphone though id probably get a 6s plus because ya know. Headphone jack. 

D5430EED-1B4C-408D-B9BB-79F33802D49A.jpeg.3d556c4312d74afdceb5c08bfaf2178e.jpeg

Jk.

love,

apple

ps I switched because I got tired of having to reboot my phone everyday just for normal operation 

3 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Even S8s now are like what? 600 bucks unlocked on amazon? Thats really good for a flagship device.  I know the S9 is out but aside from stereo speakers they really aren't much different.  

If i were to get an iphone though id probably get a 6s plus because ya know. Headphone jack. 

not to mention all the promo's that have been run for the S9, like 2 months back Verizon did a $300 off on the S9+ if you did the 2 year finance plan then on top of that it was already like 80-90 bucks cheaper on Samsungs website vs at Verizon and you could still get the $300 promo so it was $839.99 minus the $300 (which gets subtracted on a monthly basis from the payment) so you end up at like $539.99 for the flagship (plus taxes on the original amount and a $35 fee for activating a new phone) then not to be one uped they one uped themselves the following week with a buy ans S9+ get an S9 FREE, you don't see deals like that on iPhones.

6 hours ago, Taja said:

. That reminds me of the MSI notebook gamers nexus reviewed, and he showed that the bloat made the product bad, because the specs were good but the experience was awful. After "cleaning" everything up, the computer was amazing.

Agreed with what you said, the bloat on phones in the past made the phones much slower back in the day.

TechAltar just did a video on why mid range phones are better and it really makes sense, the high end phones nowadays spend more time on luxury things like edge-to-edge displays and such which no one needs.

As the owner of a Moto G4, I can certainly appreciate a phone with minimal bloat. I would consider myself a somewhat heavy user too with multitasking, just no gaming and much camera use, I really wouldn't need any 'more phone' in the next couple years.

And in the past Android was somewhat less convinient and pretty than iOS, but I would be inclined to say that 'gap' has closed.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have iPhones for almost 10 years now and the amount of iPhones changed is 2. Before that I used dumb phones. iPhones simply last and software never crashed. Android flagships are usually super bloated with manufacturers' junk and it is not something that I want to deal with. 

I know that Android is customizable and that there are many 3rd party images, but I don't want yet another device to administer in my life. I am doing development and system administration for living and I don't need yet another device in my life which requires my time on monthly basis to administer. I want plug and play stable device on which I can rely. I carried my iPhones to snowy mountains (dropped it once to the powdery snow and almost lost it xD), did rock climbing with iPhone in my pocket, been caught in a rain on 3000m+ mountains, dropped them many times and they are still unbroken. My philosophy is not to change the winning horse. Also price wise Android flagships and iPhones have similar pricing. 

Maybe someone thinks it is fun to thinker with the software and I agree, it is. But not when it becomes your profession, then you want to go away as possible from it in your spare time. Just my 2 cents

45 minutes ago, Niksa said:

I have iPhones for almost 10 years now and the amount of iPhones changed is 2. Before that I used dumb phones. iPhones simply last and software never crashed. Android flagships are usually super bloated with manufacturers' junk and it is not something that I want to deal with. 

I know that Android is customizable and that there are many 3rd party images, but I don't want yet another device to administer in my life. I am doing development and system administration for living and I don't need yet another device in my life which requires my time on monthly basis to administer. I want plug and play stable device on which I can rely. I carried my iPhones to snowy mountains (dropped it once to the powdery snow and almost lost it xD), did rock climbing with iPhone in my pocket, been caught in a rain on 3000m+ mountains, dropped them many times and they are still unbroken. My philosophy is not to change the winning horse. Also price wise Android flagships and iPhones have similar pricing. 

Maybe someone thinks it is fun to thinker with the software and I agree, it is. But not when it becomes your profession, then you want to go away as possible from it in your spare time. Just my 2 cents

you do know that just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you HAVE to do it right? most modern android is just fine in the stock configuration, all I did to my S9+ was a 5 minutes search to find a theme I liked better and disabled a few bloatware programs (far less then the amount of bloat on Windows 10 after a fresh install). Also what "monthly Administering" are you referring to for Android? if it's the security updates you hit the button to update and put the phone down and it does it all for itself, it's not like you gotta re-setup the damn thing every month.

iPhones track record for cracked screens is well known, at one point it was estimated that 25% of iPhone users had cracked screens.

On 7/2/2018 at 2:42 PM, SupremeGOAT said:

Please someone explain to me the fascination with iphones? I know less and less people are buying them but... why are people still buying them? what exactly is the appeal?

My sister went from Android to an iPhone. She loves it, likes the features, she like Siri, and just the functionality. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 7/2/2018 at 5:41 PM, kokakolia said:

I am just begging to see a good Android experience over the course of 3 years on one single device. 

My LG G2 was quite the solid device up to 2017 when I gave that to Dad. Though to be completely fair, I had it rooted to kill any bloatware on it, and almost never had anything running in the background like Facebook, Instagram, etc.

So it's certainly possible to have a good long term experience with an Android phone, it's just that you need to do some work. I'm currently running a LeEco Le Pro 3 with LineageOS, and it has been a really great device. Given the massive battery and lightweight OS, I expect some years out of it before an upgrade would be in question, hopefully long enough for MicroLED to become a thing.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

On 7/2/2018 at 12:26 PM, Maximusfoximus said:

Most of all, I need imessage. I am currently in high school and everyone has an iPhone. If I want to be in a group chat with my friends, I know I'll be able to. When you're that one person who has a green bubble and 20 other people in the chat have to text SMS just for you versus imessage, it puts a lot of pressure just to use an iPhone. Hopefully, this will change when Google releases its new "Chat" app, but until then I'm going to have to stick to Apple. 

Please clarify for me: How do your messages being surrounded by green instead of blue, on someone else's phone, in a separate location, with no change whatsoever in either content or delivery, worsen your life in any meaningful way?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

15 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

Also what "monthly Administering" are you referring to for Android?

The whole paragraph was about 3rd party images and customizing the OS. This require a bit more tinkering in general.

I also don't understand your butthurt stance. I don't consider one OS superior to another. Simply, Android is simply not  my cup of tea. 

3 hours ago, Niksa said:

The whole paragraph was about 3rd party images and customizing the OS. This require a bit more tinkering in general.

I also don't understand your butthurt stance. I don't consider one OS superior to another. Simply, Android is simply not  my cup of tea. 

I feel like your opinion would change easily if you knew what it was like to have android already setup properly right out of the box, such as with a Pixel.  My Pixel came pre-ready to not suck and didn't require any /effort to make it good... just like an iPhone.

4 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Please clarify for me: How do your messages being surrounded by green instead of blue, on someone else's phone, in a separate location, with no change whatsoever in either content or delivery, worsen your life in any meaningful way?

Perhaps it's a social thing? At least for me, I take my iPhone 7 Plus to family gatherings because we're an "iPhone family" and I'd rather not hear any of it, but I predominantly use my Pixel 2 XL.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

On 7/2/2018 at 2:14 PM, LordOTaco said:

Privacy might be another one as of late since Android is run by Google and gives untold amounts of information to them.  Apple collects very little if anything at all.  I'll admit I've even given it some thought.

This is a large reason that If I go work for AT&T or any carrier other than Verizon and leave my mom's account on Verizon to get my own service on AT&T, I wouldn't get an S9+ to replace my S8+ on Verizon, or a V30 if  the V40 isn't out or any other Android phone really.

Honestly I'm growing tired of supporting a platform that is tailoring itself against my interests. (as a sidenote, I'm 18 and I've worked in retail for just about a year and 2 months, 2 months at McDonalds which I left to work at a grocery store for a little over a year when I left that to focus on school 7 months ago)

However I'm a strong believer in capitalism so I vote with my dollar. So I rarely buy anything from the Google Play store anymore. Right now I listen to music a variety of ways, either streamed through Spotify or through Apple Music as of lately because of their 3 month trial they have. However I'm working on getting a CD collection up, and some of my songs on Google Play I intend to download.

I wished Apple wouldn't have had removed the headphone jack from the iPhone but womp womp, such as life. The damn thing has been around since like the 60s, and wireless headphones and earbuds are getting better and not to mention, you can still use the headphone jack via a dongle, I know it's not ideal but again oh well it's something I could live without.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

This post is like telling why people buy any expensive stuff instead value ones, thats a matter of taste I spent 190 euros on a keyboard , sure there are cheaper that has the same use, but I just love that kb and I hate iphones , paying 800-1k for a phone its a waste of money , for me (i usually spend 250-400 euros), but well its a mater of taste, Many people tell me that 450 euros on a monitor is a waste of money..

I dont think that there tons of people that buys an iphone for privacy and not for caprice....

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

15 hours ago, Niksa said:

i'm not "butthurt", I'm just pointing out that the way you present it is simply inaccurate to the facts which can mislead people.